Close

Default 1985 Mustang LX 5.0 Sedan

I have a 1985 LX 5.0 Sedan with 125,684K Auto, A/C, PW, PDL, all original. Unfortunately had aftermarket sunroof installed early in its life. Body is extremely clean, floors and trunk in great shape. Car starts, runs, drives and stops. Engine smokes once its warmed up so probably needs a rebuild. Exhaust will need some attention as one tailpipe is missing. Someone thought their aim was better than their tape job and made a mess of painting the mouldings. I spent a lot of time cleaning the overspray off of the paint. Some drips are still evident on front bumper. Passenger door latch sticks sometimes. Passenger front fender needs alignment, not sure what happened, no sign of accident. Tires are in great shape, has factory spokes with wide steel wheels. Factory driveline including 3.25 traction lock rear. All lights and windows work. Could be a really nice driver with some motor work. Interior is clean but both buckets are split and dash is cracked. A rare factory 5.0 Sedan. Clean title in my name, car is located in Churchville, MD, 45 minutes north of Baltimore. $2650.00 // PM or text John at 410-971-9441
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by All Fords; 11-14-2017 at 07:38 PM.

FEP Senior Member

I may be interested in this car. Is there anyone that lives close enough and would be willing to go take a closer look at it for me? PM me if someone wants to.

Must be an 'early' 1985 model? (The 165 HP version, produced before mid Nov 1984.) I only see a single exhaust pipe, and the OEM twin exhaust tips have been replaced.
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

I'm about 15 min away, but if I go look at it, I might want to buy it!!
    Jim DeAngelis
    Cornucopia of Useless Knowledge
    Connoisseur of Dearborn Ferrous Oxide
    '83 GT hatch, currently under the knife

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Must be an 'early' 1985 model? (The 165 HP version, produced before mid Nov 1984.) I only see a single exhaust pipe, and the OEM twin exhaust tips have been replaced.
    I'm not sure man, he says that the other pipe is missing. It looks like someone put something of a replacement exhaust on it with the chrome tips, but I', not too sure. I had him send me some more pictures of the interior and I'm going to try and talk with him this evening. We will see.

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by FB71 View Post
    I'm about 15 min away, but if I go look at it, I might want to buy it!!
    Thanks man! I'll let you know.

Another one I'd love to see a Marti on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy86coupe View Post
    I may be interested in this car. Is there anyone that lives close enough and would be willing to go take a closer look at it for me? PM me if someone wants to.
    I looked at this car a few weeks ago Jeremy, he has cleaned it up a good bit since I saw it. Other than that, it's exactly as he describes, just more of a project than I am looking for. John seems like a honest stand up guy, I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him...
    Last edited by ford fanatic; 11-18-2017 at 04:03 PM.

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ford fanatic View Post
    I looked at this car a few weeks ago Jeremy, he has cleaned it up a good bit since I saw it. Other than that, it's exactly as he describes, just more of a project than I am looking for. John seems like a honest stand up guy, I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him...
    Thanks man for the info. I'm going to try and get up with him today, this weekend was too crazy! I was looking at the pictures and I wonder if it had a vinyl top at some point. It looks like it had some remnants left over. Do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy86coupe View Post
    Thanks man for the info. I'm going to try and get up with him today, this weekend was too crazy! I was looking at the pictures and I wonder if it had a vinyl top at some point. It looks like it had some remnants left over. Do you know?
    Yes I believe it did at on point, don't know if it was stock or aftermarket.

Last year for factory vinyl top was 1982.
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Had a landau vinyl roof and appears to be factory. The chrome trim behind sunroof is missing, but clips are still there and look correct. Tailpipe and probably mufflers were replaced at some point. Right tailpipe was rusted above axle, so that is why it is missing. Will get build date and some more pictures later today. Thanks Ford Fanatic for your help. much appreciated!
    Last edited by All Fords; 11-20-2017 at 12:58 PM.

Vinyl roof was not factory in 1985. It was aftermarket.
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Build date 05/85

That build date is well after the exhaust changeover date (from single muffler/tailpipe/twin tips to dual muffler/tailpipe).
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

as I have stated, one tailpipe is broken off.

Default More Pictures 85 LX

Underneath, trunk & interior
    Attached Images Attached Images