Close

Thread: 2018 Calendar

Hybrid View

FEP Senior Member burntorange84's Avatar

Default 2018 Calendar

So it's almost that time of year to start thinking about it. Last year I asked and Trey picked up the torch and built a calendar....yet I missed the window to buy and missed out.

I know Trey has got some heavy stuff going on with his Dad. Does anyone else have the bandwidth to make a Calendar? I suggest using the Ride of the month cars and add some other contenders. I know the file size is an issue to get a quality print job.

I don't have the skills or the bandwidth, but still would love a FEP Calendar to look at all year long.

Anyone?

-j

The ROTM has had issues this year, but we do have some pictures that might work.

I am not opposed to putting the calendar together again if there is enough interest to warrant the work. I will not be back in CO until right before Christmas, but if we can gather up all the photos, etc. I can send them all via email to the printer and have the calendar worked up ahead of time.

The best option if there are enough interested members is to have them send high resolution photos to me directly. That will give us the highest quality pictures and the best looking calendar. We can make this work, but if all involved want a calendar by January it will have to be quick and decisive.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Excellent!

I could send you a couple of photos of mine, but they are old photos. I think I just washed my car for the first time in over a year; busy season these days. What's the minimum size of photo? Where do we send them?

Thanks again Trey!

-j

will see what I have for decent pictures.
    1 of 3 1985 Silver Grand Prix Capr's
    My first New car and still own 1986 Capri

Here's one.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Sorry I haven't gotten back to this everyone. Things here are a bit crazy right now. I am working on multiple projects as well as remodeling the parents house and then dealing with Dad and his health sometimes I swear the days fly by like crazy.

I can't find the recommended resolution right now for the photos, but unfortunately it is much higher than the majority of pictures we see here on FEP and much higher than most cameras on our phones take.

That is the biggest issue is that without the high resolution the pictures look grainy and out of focus when enlarged for a calendar. Not trying to be mean spirited or pick on anyone, but just the two pictures above are examples. the first picture is not bad, but you can tell that the resolution is not very high due to the slight blurriness of the wheels when in motion. When you enlarge the photo that will only get worse. The second picture is already somewhat blurry even on the website and will only get worse when enlarged.

I agree that some type of calendar hanging on the wall is better than nothing, but obviously the better the pictures we can start with the better the calendar will be when printed. I will try and get the specifics again on what is the minimum resolution recommended for the pictures and post back again.

Thanks!
    ​Trey

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    Sorry I haven't gotten back to this everyone. Things here are a bit crazy right now. I am working on multiple projects as well as remodeling the parents house and then dealing with Dad and his health sometimes I swear the days fly by like crazy.

I can't find the recommended resolution right now for the photos, but unfortunately it is much higher than the majority of pictures we see here on FEP and much higher than most cameras on our phones take.

That is the biggest issue is that without the high resolution the pictures look grainy and out of focus when enlarged for a calendar. Not trying to be mean spirited or pick on anyone, but just the two pictures above are examples. the first picture is not bad, but you can tell that the resolution is not very high due to the slight blurriness of the wheels when in motion. When you enlarge the photo that will only get worse. The second picture is already somewhat blurry even on the website and will only get worse when enlarged.

I agree that some type of calendar hanging on the wall is better than nothing, but obviously the better the pictures we can start with the better the calendar will be when printed. I will try and get the specifics again on what is the minimum resolution recommended for the pictures and post back again.

Thanks!
    I'm prolly gonna be the party pooper here, but I agree with Trey. If you can't email or try and post a HQ pic, why even ask for a calendar?
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Here is an example: I believe a 5 mega pixel camera. What I don't know is if photobucket shrinks the size for web consumption. I thought directly emailing it to Trey might be better? When I look at it on my computer, larger than 8 x10, it still looks good, and not grainy.

-j

Photobucket strikes again!

PM me if you want to email it to me directly.
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

How about this?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by erratic50; 11-22-2017 at 12:54 AM.

Trey:

Fairmont at sunset? 4k x 3k uncropped:

Attachment 116922

Mike

photobucket is not working right; now I can't see my own photo! Trey, I emailed you a photo to do a test with. Thanks again.

Happy Thanksgiving Guys!

-j

Here's one
    Name:  IMG_0858.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  156.4 KB
    "Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac."
    George Carlin, Rest in peace

Rick
    84 GT Convertible
    68 Cougar XR7
    14 Ford Explorer Limited

Ok, I finally was able to get some decent information in regards to picture quality for the calendar.

300 DPI (Dots Per Inch) is an old standard from printing that some still use today, although it's a bit out of date.

Below is a chart that helps us determine how many pixels are needed for the file based upon the actual picture print size.

Name:  Calendar Picture DPI.JPG
Views: 93
Size:  62.0 KB

The previous calendar was printed on 8.5" X 11" so that means that we would need 2550 x 3300 pixles for the best quality and the lowest quality would be 1700 x 2200 pixels.

If you want to find out even more information in regards to file types, etc. in regards to images and pictures here is a link to some excellent information.

http://proshooter.com/article_whatisa300dpiJPeg.htm

Hope that helps!
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

I'll take two if you are able to put these together.

Trey is probably not going to be able to make the calendar this year. I'm making assumptions from his thread about his Dad's health issues. Not sure if anyone else has the time and talent to pull it off?

-j