Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This car is damn shame!! They took a low mile survivor and butchered it into a uninspired cherry picked pile of parts. Theres no effort here, 50k for a tube chassis, 20k on motor you can order out of a catalog, gody wheel, some 99 base model seats, digital gauges, and piss yellow paint to get some attention. This car does nothing to repersent the average enthusiasts or advance the survival of fox.
    If you blink at the end of the straight away you'll miss the twisties and what fun would that be!
    1982 Capri RS 5.0L
    Suspension Build http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...tion-and-Build
    1985 SVO 2A & leather.
    Motor Build http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=63505
    Dyno stats and exhaust install http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...Dyno-d-finally
    My FMIC build http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...-amp-D-project
    Electronic boost controller and bypass valve
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-Bypass-Valve
    Opperation SVO Tunes http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...51#post1148551

I'll send someone a shovel if they promise to bury it..... just sayin...
    Last edited by erratic50; 11-02-2017 at 08:13 AM.

Southern Indiana, outside of Louisville KY

I would like to know the VIN on the car.............
    Anybody at SEMA that could get a picture????
    At least we could add it to the registry....(as DOA??)

Thats sweet
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

Quote Originally Posted by SchoolBoy View Post
    This car does nothing to repersent the average enthusiasts or advance the survival of fox.
    Truth!
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

My dad had(s) a car restoration business started in 1983.

We mostly focused on 30s. 40s hot rods and 60s Mustangs . Anytime we were doing a custom car of course it always works out best in time and money measurement to start with one which is nice, not a complete basket case.

I have to agree it is a shame to see a car this pure, modified so deeply when a basket cas might have been sufficent. I am all for tasteful modifications but I do think a cars prominence needs to be considered... the question is how does a builder-business vs customer value the sentimental againtst the finances/time. I don't have the answer but I know it was something we struggled with every time a customer came to us asking for extreme changes to their car. We solved it by using the approach that we never built cars to sell... everyone was owned before we started and the owner directed it how they wanted it. Never forget a custom hot rod 1949 Chevy Truck we painted purple with pink fenders and teal airbrush details ... circa 1989. Ugh!

I guess it kept the mouths feed and the light on.

At the end of the day every dollar each of spends on our cars is our money...... it doesn't have to please anyone other than the guy blowing the dough.

Car shows are the polar opposite of this. It's hey look what I can do or hey look what I had done, etc. Here approval more or less is the point.

Personally, I have this vision in my head of what I think is right and building to that is what pleases me. Some get it, some don't. They don't have to because I do not seek the approval of others. Sometimes I like or don't mind input, but approval is not ever even a second thought.

Builders who get cars right according to the masses often have a saying - sometimes I have to pick between doing right by the car and the owner -- just a hint,I'm not picking you. Sounds familiar doesn't it.

I just think they could have went with a much better yellow. Don't get me wrong, I would still drive it! LOL

Default Just another aftermarket showcase special

Mustard and ketchup on what was steak and lobster.
    Last edited by gr79; 12-03-2017 at 09:42 PM.

I saw cars at Foxtoberfest that I thought looked just as nice and with a better color.

You want to build a custom car?

Start with the NICEST car you can purchase to cut up and begin your project.

This is especially true when that "NICEST" car you can find can be had for well below $10K!

Low mileage or not a 79 Pace Car is NOT and expensive car in car hobby!

This car is by far one of if not the CHEAPEST builds of any Good-Guys promotional car and/or giveaway car they have ever completed and it will get just as much press and advertisement as any of the other Good-Guys car builds.

I am surprised at the HATE for this car when the reality is that this car will do AS MUCH OR MORE THAN ANYTHING that's been done by anyone in the Mustang hobby in the 10 years to promote a FOUR EYE MUSTANG!

Shame on you!!
    Mike
    Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

1995 Ford Powerstroke F350 "Centurion" STRETCHED Crew Cab Dually

I like "Cut & Coach Built" vehicles!

www.musclecardeals.com

FEP Senior Member

I haven't seen it in person, but based on the pictures I like it. The color isn't my favorite, but for the promotional tool it was built as I think it does its job well. Considering it was done to promote Good Guys letting 1987 and older in vs the 1972 it was this year, they could have chosen an IROC Camaro as an iconic car to do just that job also. There are probably a lot more options for a 3rd Gen Camaro also, so I'm happy it was a Mustang.

The only thing I don't like is that is one of the articles I've read Goolsby says he is bringing the Mustang into the Pro-Touring scene and hopes many other companies will follow suit. There are already parts out there for a Pro-Touring build if someone wants them. In fact I asked specifically about that (Mustangs starting a PT scene) and Trey said it's already underway and has been for a couple years. I was invited into a Facebook group for autocross and roadrace cars and found more widebody builds (more race cars than anything) with big tires and fenders / flares that I never knew existed and couldn't find myself on the internet. Sometimes I forget that if I can't find it on the internet, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
    Last edited by Basin Motorsports; 12-05-2017 at 11:35 AM.