Close

Default Questions about 94-95 sn spindles

If I run the 94-95 spindle setup for five lug conversion can I still us my 84 Manual Rack n Pinion? What struts and springs do I use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will need to use 87-93 struts, you can use your manual rack and any spring you like will work. I'd recommend using a bump steer kit

Ok thank you. That clears up that dilemma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FEP Super Member

All tho different from car to car , even being the same year , you may need to use 94-04 control arms to get enough camber .
    Other option is caster /camber plates , and some grinding.
    I did 95 spindles on my 84 , and am using 01 cobra control arms .
    Last edited by ashley roachclip; 10-31-2017 at 08:48 AM.
    clowns to the left of me , Jokers to the right

Use MM caster/camber plates.
    Use an MM bumpsteer kit.

Imho, don't use sn95 FCAs, unless you Auto-X the car, and are willing to deal with a lot of PITA issues.
    The above is what I did.

I also put the sn95 FCAs on my car for a day.
    Note, sn95 FCAs lower a Fox car!
    If you are going to "massage/modify the *****k" out of your front fenders/etc, then go for it.

My front fenders are staying 100% as they came from the factory - so-so fit/alignment and all.

You can use spacers (washers) on the strut mounts, to have your 4-eye struts mount to aero spindles.
    Imho, it's a good time/excuse for new struts. How old are the struts on that car?

Fwiw, my car:
    http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/te...Mach1_springs/

Good Luck!
    Last edited by stangPlus2Birds; 10-31-2017 at 12:37 AM.

You can use stock control arms with SN95 spindles but expect some drama in terms of camber. It will be a little worse if you use a 94 balljoint instead of spacers with a fox balljoints. It's will likely be worse yet if you use X2 balljoints.

And unfortunately with stock springs X2's are what give about the correct geometry for bump-steer usually. Albeit a bumpsteer kit for SN95 spindles on foxbody is the way to go if you can afford it.

Depending upon manufacturing tolerances and luck you might need camber bolts or to customize the slots in your struts just get an ounce of negative camber and thats even with caster/camber plates.

With a stock springs and X2's with caster/camber plates the front of my car dropped 1 1/2" yet I barely lost any bump or droop in the frontend but camber was at a premium.

My car fought me all the way with getting the negative camber I needed. My friend and I centered my struts then went to max positive caster then used camber bolts and a cheater bar and a jack down at the spindle with the strut bolts loose to get what we wanted for camber. It wasn't easy but it was doable. You don't NEED a wider K member and you don't NEED longer control arms.

btw - if your stock control arm bushings are shot get new arms if you can. Changing bushings sucks and the end result is not the same movement design as factory. Crappy bushings will cause bolt movement at the A arm to K member bolts and trash the K member - you've been warned. Ask me how I know. (Arg)

How much camber did you get?

1994-95 spindles will add 1.7 degrees of camber over stock spindles.

I would also avoid SN95 FCAs. Too many other issues with installing them.

If you use Bilstein or MM struts, there is about +/-0.7 degrees of camber adjustment built into the mounting holes. Between that and c/c plates, you will have plenty of camber.
    Jack Hidley
    Maximum Motorsports Tech Support

I am at -2 degrees with my struts centered in the opening the shoved towards the windshield as far as they will go.