Close

Default First time at strip with Holley/Weiand supercharged 86 Convertible

Took my 86 to street drags today. No timers, 1/8 mile and kind of slippery on street tires. I raced a 2017 Mustang GT and he barely beat me mainly because he had better traction. Anyway, My car ran great and stayed with a 435 hp Coyote. Sorry, no action photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2000 Explorer engine with Edelbrock intake, Holley 600, TCI AOD, 3.73 gears, Max Mtr sport roll bar, subframe connectors, and rear control arms. /I]

Like your car.

Traction limited makes it tough!

Theres a guy around town here that has a 13 GT500. It's a bad ass bitch for sure, but the dude just can't keep from knocking the tires off of it. I've drug him with my tired old N/A 86 GT with basic boltons. Heck, my son's 86 that's stock but turned up only got beat by a fender in a 1/4 mile by that car.

Anyway, you wreck your 60' by knocking your tires off and it is very easy to get drug.

I had installed the supercharger last spring but only got it tuned recently. I thought I would only test the tune out and was really surprised at the power. I have a pair of drag radials mounted on 10 holes, but just didn't think I would need them. Nice surprise.
    2000 Explorer engine with Edelbrock intake, Holley 600, TCI AOD, 3.73 gears, Max Mtr sport roll bar, subframe connectors, and rear control arms. /I]

Your car looks great!!! Also I love the way the supercharger sits.

FEP Member

Nice! look forward to hearing some time slip #'s with Drag radials!

Blog Entries

The automatic in your car helps. With a 5 speed, it becomes even more entertaining trying to find traction. Curiosity - do you know what you're running for initial ignition timing and mechanical advance?
    1983 Mustang G.T. No-option stripper- I like strippers.
    5.0, GT40P heads, Comp Cams XE270HR-12 on 1.6 rockers, TFI spring kit, Weiand 174 blower, Holley 750 mechanical secondarys, Mishimoto radiator, Edelbrock street performer mechanical pump, BBK shortys, T-5 conversion, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, carbon fiber clutches, SS Machine lowers, Maximum Motorsport XL subframes, "B" springs.

Quote Originally Posted by 86MustangGtRob View Post
    Your car looks great!!! Also I love the way the supercharger sits.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brianj View Post
    The automatic in your car helps. With a 5 speed, it becomes even more entertaining trying to find traction. Curiosity - do you know what you're running for initial ignition timing and mechanical advance?
    16 degrees initial and 32 total all in by 2800 rpm

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Matt View Post
    Nice! look forward to hearing some time slip #'s with Drag radials!
    Local strip may have timers by next spring.

That's bad right there! I love it. I had one of those blowers, but it needed rebuilding and I found a deal on a 351 so I sold it!
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes