Close

Default Dash Pad mount question

I am about to start test fitting my new dash pad, in a car where everything was removed, so I have next to no idea how a lot of this was originally fastened to the car.

In the picture below, I see the metal brackets built into the pad, and I know that screws go up through the tabs on the dash hull, but should there be speed nuts on the dash brackets shown, or do the screws just go up into the dash pad itself?

Name:  20171027_072347_resized.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  84.3 KB
    85 GT Hatchback, T-Tops. 2012 Coyote 5.0L Swap, T56 Magnum, GT550 Dept of Boost kit, with Eaton M122 SC, RAM 11" Powergrip clutch, BBK Long Tubes/OR X-Pipe, Flowmaster Axle Back, Stifflers DS Loop, and Rear X-member, AJE Tube Crossmember with AJE-Mod Mounts, 3.73 Posi 8.8, 5 lug Cobra 13" fr and 12.6" rear disc swap, 2004 Hydroboost Swap, MM SubFrame Connectors, MM Panhard Bar, MM front A-Arms, MM rear control arms, MM CC Plates, MM Coilovers w/Koni dampeners, MM Torque Arm (soon to be installed).

I've read through that one, but it doesn't show if there are speed nuts on the dash pad, or how its actually connected there. I have looked at LMR as well, and can't find speed nuts/hardware kits for the dash, and I don't have the old pad to compare it to. Maybe I will call them if I can't find out through pics, etc.
    85 GT Hatchback, T-Tops. 2012 Coyote 5.0L Swap, T56 Magnum, GT550 Dept of Boost kit, with Eaton M122 SC, RAM 11" Powergrip clutch, BBK Long Tubes/OR X-Pipe, Flowmaster Axle Back, Stifflers DS Loop, and Rear X-member, AJE Tube Crossmember with AJE-Mod Mounts, 3.73 Posi 8.8, 5 lug Cobra 13" fr and 12.6" rear disc swap, 2004 Hydroboost Swap, MM SubFrame Connectors, MM Panhard Bar, MM front A-Arms, MM rear control arms, MM CC Plates, MM Coilovers w/Koni dampeners, MM Torque Arm (soon to be installed).

Looks like in the pictures on this site, I can almost see the speed nuts... so that is what I need to find. Looks like I need 4 of them. They were probably buried in the car when I got it, and who knows where that bag of hardware may have ended up.

https://www.americanmuscle.com/red-d...6-install.html