Close

Default Gauge cluster resto

I bought the sticker overlay kit from LMR to restore the gauge cluster. It came with the 140 overlay. What makes the 85 different from the 140? Can I just stick the 140 decal on and change the speedo gear?

Thanks.

Name:  IMG_9358.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  153.9 KB

To the best of my knowledge you would have to get the speedometer recalibrated.

Speedometer is calibrated internally. The only way you can change the face and NOT get it re-calibrated is by using the 105 MPH sticker that comes in some kits, which just extends the reading past the stock 85 MPH mark. If you change the face to 140 MPH you will have to get it re-calibrated.

Over- or under-driving the speedometer with a different drive/driven gear combo in the transmission is for when the final drive ratio has changed, i.e. the rear tires and/or the rear axle ratio is shorter or taller than factory.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 10-23-2017 at 01:10 PM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags