Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks for posting. I recently purchased a '79 Cobra that is bone stock and runs well but as everyone knows is a dog. Not looking to go crazy on power with it but want her to be able to get out of her own way. Sounded like a fun project with your son.

Nevermind.
    Last edited by homer302; 04-15-2018 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stash View Post
    Thanks for posting. I recently purchased a '79 Cobra that is bone stock and runs well but as everyone knows is a dog. Not looking to go crazy on power with it but want her to be able to get out of her own way. Sounded like a fun project with your son.
    Yeah its been running very well with the roller HO setup...no regrets at all. He's put about 1000 miles on it already. In my opinion it seems to be a nice (sort of stock) upgrade for the older 302's if you just want a little more pop...and the bonus of not worrying about the wear issues on the flat tappet cam etc.

The only significant concern I’ve seen with E6 or E7 heads is valve guide wear.

Heck .... my 86HO still has its E6. It has had B302 cam since the 80’s. Pretty fun combo - headers, good intake, etc wakes up the upper revs a lot. I power shift it at 6100-6150 so it sees the 6250 rev limiter almost every time I take it out. I know my valve guides suck these days but she still sounds great and is a ball to drive. Way quicker and faster than it was before the intake swap.

So many spend all their time talking about how much power you can’t make with E6 or E7 heads. It’s unconventional but you absolutely can make power with them if you can get the intake supply the air the heads are able to flow

Not sure where I’m at on actual horsepower with mine. It’s a bucket of bolts but it runs more than great for what it is.... even being very worn. Many more expensive combos get lost in modification and don’t live up to their potential.

Id throw an air gap with a good 650-700 on that bottom end along with some headers. Let it eat. Feed it a little giggle juice for grins

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12