Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ohh wow. That last one is really bad. Are you saying that was an OEM installed steering wheel installed in a regular production vehicle? Not some prototype or something?

Quote Originally Posted by xctasy View Post
    After "XEperimentation" with some kind of drugs, it only got worse in 1982-1985....
    WTF? That is not even right! I thought my lame A-Frame wheel was the worst thing ever, but that tops the list!
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Yep, it was sold like that, every Ghia Fairmont from 82 to early 85 had those wheels.

The European Granada and Australian Falcon/Fairmont/Fairlane/LTD interior's were totally a reaction to the Four Eyed Square Rigger Bertone Fiat 130 style experiments,

with a good deal of influences that Ford USA's Dearborn guys took out and copied.

Here is the 1977 German Granada which started it all.

The donar was the 1971 to 1977 130 Bertone coupe.

1971 -1977 Batsh!+ steering wheel

But your engineers and designers have the commitee, the non paid Saturday morning meetings to avoid grand standing, and the integrated democratic process

In America, you then clinc the decisions, and whammo, you compare options, to avoid the 58-60 Edsel situation of going off track whacko.

The XE Fairmont Ghia wheel was certainly off track.

Of course, I love it....Wayne Draper was a key the designer, and his work was exceptional, but it was part of a very special team.

The drugs reference, I appolgise, butcha all sort of get it, eh?

Imagine the response at a car show if your 84 had the Fairmont Ghia XE wheel!

Back to your 84 ride ....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12