Close

Threaded View

Default Updated The 1984 GT

Here is what I am calling my 1984 1/4 GT. It's only 1/4 and not 1/2 because I like the 3 piece spoiler. I do have another thread on this car that Photobucket currently has all screwed up. I do still have all the pictures that were in it and I plan to find them and update it as well soon. This is my first thread trying flickr as well.

This car was my Dad's. I have wanted to do this for decades and even had the parts to do so but I was just hesitant due him being the previous owner and not wanting to change it. Slowly over the years I have modified it more to my taste and this was the last straw. I had the car painted for him back in 1992 (old paint was cracking) and it was a surprise gift for him. It turned out to be a truly TV worthy Overhaulin style reveal that everyone talked about until the day he passed and I inherited the car. The paint on the car in the photos is still that same paint from '92 aside from the sail panels and bumper obviously. It's a radio-delete California car originally. It's never had any rust repairs. Back in 1992 I bought a wrecked Emerald Green 1992 LX 5.0 and put everything from the chassis down in this including the control arms, 8.8, front crossmember with brakes, shocks, quad shocks, springs etc. It has subframe connectors and a couple years back I put a 3:73 in it. It has mint 1989 GT interior and as you can see, I put the new TRX wheels on it.

EDIT: These new ones were obviously taken at Foxtoberfest. I have plenty more of the event I plan to put up as well once I see how this flilckr thing goes.

Could not begin to tell you why the only photo I have with the fogs on the hood is also popped. DOH!!

Last edited by homer302; 10-19-2017 at 04:02 PM.