Is anyone else running a Ford Racing aluminum driveshaft?

I bought one for my 1986GT 5.0 T5Z so I could repurpose the original from my 86 for my Saleen clone build.

Life happens and the other day my son's 86 5.0 T5Z convertible developed a terrible vibration in the driveline. The issue was the U joints and after spending much of the day on reinstalling the dash and fixing vacuum leaks and replacing brakes about the last thing I wanted to do was fight U joints without a press. So to the parts shelf.

Or not!

What I ended up finding is that the Ford Racing driveshaft is relatively generic in applications listed. It is a full 1/2" longer than the stock 86 driveshaft.

It seemed like I could not have beaten that driveshaft into the trans far enough to put the car on the ground if I got out a BFH. The shaft itself is fine but the yoke not just broader to accommodate the larger diameter shaft, it's also longer.

I thought about swapping to a flat style rear transmission seal and shoving the engine/trans forward as far as possible in its mounts but let's face it - by that time it's easier to do U joints.

so the new shaft is still in the box and the original 86 shaft is rebuilt with greaseable U joints and is back in.

Curious if anyone else had conflicts due to length when trying to install the FR AL driveshaft in a 5.0L + T5 or T5Z car.