Close

New User

Default 86 Hatch rear quater louvers

What are the louvered panels behind the quarter windows called and does anyone know where I can get new ones? While stripping the body of my mustang for paint work, the old plastic tubes that hold the mounting screws broke in a number of places, so now im looking for new ones but four eyed foxes in my area are about as rare as anything it seems, so i have had no luck from the wreckers. Alternatively, does anyone know a way I can fix the louvers so that they can be mounted again? Pic included to highlight the part I mean (not my car)

Name:  a62769c006f2df08e330cc447680d0ea.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  212.1 KB

Sail panels

they are out there and come up for sale. Try wanted to buy here, craigslist, and eBay.

New User

Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post
    Sail panels

they are out there and come up for sale. Try wanted to buy here, craigslist, and eBay.
    Wow, thank you! What a weird name, no wonder I couldn't find any info about them!

3M makes stuff called panel bonding adhesive. It takes a special applicator gun to use it but you could glue the tube pieces back on with that and wouldn't have to worry. I would do that only if you can't find a good pair of replacements though.