Close

Default new user from Memphis TN with a 82 Ford Fairmont

Actually it has been a while since I have been in the this forum so I probably should re-introduce myself. My name is j Kinard from Memphis TN. I have a 1982 Ford Fairmont Futura that I have inherited and am trying to restore ... hot rod style. I would appreciate any advice and suggestions on engine swap (it's a straight six) wheel size for a cooler look, suspension, or anything else. Thanks so much for allowing me in this forum!

Quote Originally Posted by jkinard View Post
    Actually it has been a while since I have been in the this forum so I probably should re-introduce myself. My name is j Kinard from Memphis TN. I have a 1982 Ford Fairmont Futura that I have inherited and am trying to restore ... hot rod style. I would appreciate any advice and suggestions on engine swap (it's a straight six) wheel size for a cooler look, suspension, or anything else. Thanks so much for allowing me in this forum!
    Welcome....Example for turning a Fairmont into a Friermont

Quote Originally Posted by montstr View Post
    Hello, figured I should say hi eventually, as I've had a Fairmont for about 8 years now, and have browsed occasionally but never became a member. So here I am! I'll start by posting a few pics of the Montstr from the last few years, and then I'll head to the Non Mustang section and put the rest of the pics there....if you want to see what I've done, you'll just have to go look! Justin

Shortly after I got the car. It was a 2.3 3 speed floor shift car, factory buckets and no options at all...I immediately set upon sticking a 351w in it.

351w with 5.8 4V HO air cleaner.

SNUG! less than 3/16" clearance, but never touched!

Picking wheels

And after I decided on 1999 Crown Victoria handling package wheels, and decided to put some stripes on it. I basically wanted to make this car appear as a "what if SVO did a Fairmont?". People LOVED it!

A nice Sunday afternoon.

And a nice Sunday evening!

And one of my favorite shots of the car

And here it is playing with my 70 Chevelle Malibu 400 (big block 400) and my 7th Honda CRX, (sold, and haven't had a Honda since)

Well, there's my hello! haha a very brief history of my Fairmont. I'll be putting a write up and pics of what I've done with the car over the last couple years, I'm pretty sure you'll be interested. Thanks for looking! Justin

FEP Supporter

Search around in some of the sub-forums or post some specific questions in the engine or other sub-forums and I'm sure you will get more than enough info to make an informed decision!

Welcome (back) to the site!
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!

Welcome jkinard! The Fairmont was the original Fox.

Post up some pics.

Mike