Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I love seeing some of the cars that are "in process". Seeing cars that are fully restored of completed projects is great but I think it encourages more interest in our 4 eyed cars to see the cars in greater numbers. Thanks for posting these Brock!
    MCA #110307
    "Saved" 25k mi 83 GT - http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ght=Wrecked+GT
    83 GT T Top
    83 GT Convt
    84 20th Anniversary T Top GT350 SOLD 11/17
    84 GT Convt SOLD 08/18

The camouflage fox with yellow eyes is kinda neat. Anyone know why he painted it like that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

That concludes most of the 4-Eye photos I was able to get.

I tried to break them down into specialties, Capris, SVO's, other 4-eyes, and each "generation" grouping of Mustangs to help navigate the picture show. Hopefully it helps you enjoy each section.

Next time I'm definitely taking a co-pilot that can wander around taking photos so I can spend more time near my car and talking to people. There was just not enough time even in an 8 hour day to look at this many cars.
    Last edited by 84StangSVT; 10-18-2017 at 10:43 AM.
    Brock

Wow, thats a ton of 84s! Never seen that many in one spot. I wish I could have made it. Thanks for posting the pics.
    1984.5 GT 5.0 5 Speed ANALOG
    BBK Long Tubes/H pipe/FM
    Edelbrock Intake/Holley 600
    8.8 w/FMS 3.73s
    Steeda Shifter

2010 GT 5 Speed DIGITAL
    Track Pack
    Pypes Violator axle back
    Airaid Cold Air

FEP Power Member

Thank you so much for posting the photos. Looks like an incredible turnout! Will have to make it next year.

Quote Originally Posted by vxr500 View Post
    Wow, thats a ton of 84s! Never seen that many in one spot. I wish I could have made it. Thanks for posting the pics.
    I know right? I was amazed there that many 83-84 cars still around as it seems they all like to go 85-86 with them. You should try and see if you can make it next year. It's a blast and I plan on going again.
    Brock

Quote Originally Posted by Dacolino View Post
    Nice pics thanks for sharing! Definitely in the plans for us to make this next year in the capri!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave9052 View Post
    Very cool, thanks for posting
    Quote Originally Posted by 83GTJIM View Post
    I love seeing some of the cars that are "in process". Seeing cars that are fully restored of completed projects is great but I think it encourages more interest in our 4 eyed cars to see the cars in greater numbers. Thanks for posting these Brock!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer82gt View Post
    Thank you so much for posting the photos. Looks like an incredible turnout! Will have to make it next year.
    Everyone is welcome. I highly suggest attending this show if at all possible. It blew my mind how many cars there were in general. It was definitely an event I would have never suspected being so amazing.
    Brock

Best four eye picture thread I've ever seen. the majority of the cars pictured were very tasteful and not highly molested cars. Very cool. Where is this located?

Great pictures Brock! Thanks for posting them. I wish I could have made it. Hopefully next year. It is great to see the cars in varying stages of completion. I always enjoying seeing people bringing cars that aren't finished. It is what makes this hobby so enjoyable.

Great pics...I live 1.5 hours away and I was unable to make it this year..
    86 coupe
    1993 GT
    My 10 Sec street cars

Thanks Brock for posting up the pictures, you beat me too it! Having also experienced it in person I have to concur with Brock that you should not miss a show like this where only Foxes are allowed! Over 500 foxes all in one place was exhausting! But Amazing at the same time!

Want to see a Fox with a new EcoBoost? It was there!

Want to see a Fox with a new Coyote? It was there!

Want to see a Fox with a new Coyote with Twin Turbos? It was there!

Want to see a Fox with 351 Cleveland? It was there!

Want to see a Fox with a Big Block 460? It was there!

Pretty much anything you could dream up was there!
    Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

Thanks Brock.

How about unmolested, stock original, or stock restored Four Eyes? How many of those were present?
    Bob in Lebanon, TN
    79 original owner six cylinder coupe
    MCA Gold Card judge for 3rd Generation cars

Really enjoyed the pictures! Maybe someday I'll be able to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by roush235 View Post
    Thanks Brock.

How about unmolested, stock original, or stock restored Four Eyes? How many of those were present?
    I would say less than six...it was rather difficult to find the ORIGINAL 4-eyes in the crowd and pick one to vote on. For me, it ended up being an '84 GT Turbo (believe it was a Vert)...it was the only ORIGINAL I found with original wheels. There were a few others that were really nice, but one had 16" TRX (believe that was Homers that I didn't know about at the time) and the other had Welds (a REALLY nice white 82 Capri. I didn't dislike either of those, but for me I had to go with the more ORIGINAL car.
    Last edited by sowaxeman; 10-20-2017 at 07:47 AM.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

FEP Senior Member

Great pictures Brock! I had a great time as always and it was great meeting you and seeing all of my other 4 eyed brothers. This is a without a doubt the best car show of the year in my opinion. Nothing but foxes and great people as well. I would highly suggest going if you are at all able. I have been the last 6 years and it is unbelievable how it has grown! I can't wait until next year already!!

I gotta get better about planning things... I'm sure I could have gone to this. Last year I was like "I'll go in 2017!"

Now I have 3 vacation days I'm going to use for something not at cool.

I'll try again in 2018. Who wants to convoy down from Michigan next year, or join me on the way?

Cale

Thanks Brock.

Quote Originally Posted by sowaxeman View Post
    I would say less than six...it was rather difficult to find the ORIGINAL 4-eyes in the crowd and pick one to vote on. For me, it ended up being an '84 GT Turbo (believe it was a Vert)...it was the only ORIGINAL I found with original wheels. There were a few others that were really nice, but one had 16" TRX (believe that was Homers that I didn't know about at the time) and the other had Welds (a REALLY nice white 82 Capri. I didn't dislike either of those, but for me I had to go with the more ORIGINAL car.
    I agree with Jason on this. The only one I saw that probably could pass as close to 100% unmolested, would have been the 84 GT Turbo vert. There were a few others that were close, but had some visual "mods". This event was considerably different than the MCA show in K.C. in regards to original vs mod cars, but it was fairly refreshing to see the different cars in different stages as opposed to primary "show" cars.
    Brock

To put the sheer size of this thing into perspective here's an example. For those of us that were able to go to the MCA K.C. Grand National this year, there were around 375 Mustangs from 1965 to present and that was a huge show. Official count at Foxtoberfest was 466! Think about that for a second. One generation of car, out numbered a whole Mustang show.

I believe this event continues to grow at a rapid pace due to atmosphere. It really felt like a fun event as opposed to an actual judged show. It was a whole different feeling, from the car owners demeanor to even the crowd that attended everything IMHO felt relaxed. Maybe it is because it was one generation as opposed to all that made it feel that way.
    Brock

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy86coupe View Post
    Great pictures Brock! I had a great time as always and it was great meeting you and seeing all of my other 4 eyed brothers. This is a without a doubt the best car show of the year in my opinion. Nothing but foxes and great people as well. I would highly suggest going if you are at all able. I have been the last 6 years and it is unbelievable how it has grown! I can't wait until next year already!!
    It was great meeting you also. I hope to make this trip a yearly vacation and hopefully more of our 4 eye brothers will be able to get their cars out and have one hell of an FEP get together and cruise.
    Brock

Cool pictures, thanks for posting!

Nice pics looks like a cool show thanks for sharing.

Thanks Brock.

ehh....there actually used to be more back when this event started. But since it's a popular vote car, the original cars would lose to a highly modified car even in the "original" class. I protested but there is no way to fix it. It's just Matt and Jen. They don't have time to judge. Nobody does. One year the guy that runs Mustang Week won best original 79-86 with a car that may have 2 remaining original parts on the entire car (not his fault at all) and one year an 82 GT won that had a modified, engine, carb, intake, headers and exhaust, wheels, brakes, suspension, paint, aluminum heads, an 8.8 rear with a gear, seats, aftermarket ignition.......you get the point. So therefore the original cars quit showing up. If you really wanted to see an original, you would have had to go the first few years. Since then, they all just quit showing up. Personally, I don't go to ANY show expecting to get a trophy. To me, that's the wrong reason to go. But everyone is different. But let's face it, as much as the 1982 GT is responsible for the Pony Car still being alive, the 1987-1993 car is actually what got the mainstream people who aren't brand loyal to pay attention and BUY CARS. That is ultimately what saved the Mustang from being a Probe. All Ford cares about is selling cars. I know I wrote my share of letters to Ford to keep it from being a Probe but those Aero cars sold like wild early on.
    Last edited by homer302; 10-22-2017 at 01:28 PM.

So I will follow up with a whole new post. Don't drive down expecting to win something. This is a 1987-1993 show at the end of the day. It just is what it is. The VAST majority of those people who own them now never recall seeing a 79-86 and they couldn't begin to tell you what an original one should look like. They look down on us as if to say why would you not want a 225HP aero car? You must be weird. It's really a modified 87-93 show if you want to get down to it. But that doesn't deter me personally and I don't think it does Brock either. He drove 2,800 miles with no radio and I'm pretty confident in saying he is coming back next year. If you go to the Mustang 360 website and look at Foxtoberfest photos, I'm pretty sure you won't find a single original or even somewhat CLOSE to original 4 eye. A couple SVOs because they are easy to spot but I guarantee you the person who took them couldn't tell you the displacement of an SVO, let alone any details on one. There is still no love. The aero cars are dragging the values of our cars along with them which I guess we should be happy about.
    Last edited by homer302; 10-21-2017 at 06:42 PM.

We had a great time. We survived the ride from Pennsylvania and made it back home. Really wanted to run her on the dyno to see if she's putting it the full 157 horse, but figured something horrible would go wrong 500 miles from home. Definitely could have had that most in need of horsepower award though! . Lots of beautiful cars though!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast