Close

Red face 1983 Capri RS 5.0/4-speed and 1985 Mercury Capri 3.8L auto, Southern California

Hi all. I thought I'd gotten one sold but the kid I sold it to (a former student) got dropped from auto-shop and moved to continuation high school. Doh! So, the car returns to me. Oh bother. So, instead of selling one I'm selling a pair of Capris here.. I'd like to get them both sold at the same time if possible. Package deal? Interesting trades? Prices are Or Best Offer.. Or Best Trade? I dunno! Surprise me!

Cars are located in Orange County, CA (Rancho Santa Margarita, 9268..
    Can text me at 949-415-4686 for more details.. I could write pages of stuff for this classified but I'm already too wordy..

Pics are here:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/577852...57655348908288

Neither are perfect vehicles (see pics for the typical hatch pillar rust, sun dried dash pads) but they're both not basket cases.. Definitely no "winters in Michigan" going on for these cars.. They've both California cars their whole lives. The 83 does suffer a bit from "previous owner attempted to fix it", so the fuse block hangs down a bit, etc.. But, it's a capri (and an RS..), I had to save it..

"5.0 CAPRI" plate -- The 1983 Capri RS 5.0L/4-speed/AC (not working/never tried to fix it)
    $1200 ($1300 for California because I gotta smog it)
    ~150k miles on the 5.0L
    Runs, but was run long by the guy who had it before me. It cruises just fine, but it needs some love like plugs, plug wires, etc.
    Since the floor pans were cracked (he was uh, a bigger dude) we did new pans and added subframe connectors.
    Since the seat was wasted, I put 88 grey seats in it. Have 88-up interior that can go with the car, as well, but not sure if it'll fit.
    Red interior elsewhere.
    Was originally dark grey metallic, but was repainted some time in the 80s to a bright blue color, though the clear is shot.
    New Bluetooth Stereo, new dash speakers, and 6x9's in the rear for your roadtrip back home in it
    Could use new shocks. Some are included new in box, just haven't had the time to install them.
    Early mustang slot-mags.. They're cool looking on this car, but I have a weakness for slot mags..
    Since this was sold, title filled out for transfer and everything, but never registered by my former student, I'll have to apply for a duplicate title.. It'll take a few weeks to process. Currently out-of-registration (SIGH. Told him to register it ASAP after I sold it. 90 days for the smog cert ran out about 2 weeks ago.. Seriously!?!! If I'd known he was going to drop the ball like that I'd have registered it my dang self.. Either way, I'll likely non-op it since I have a spot in my storage unit for it.. Tags expired June or July of 2017.. Ugh.. Seriously want to disown my former student for not registering it properly..)
    I did a CarFax on the car before I bought it.. Here's a copy.. https://www.dropbox.com/s/buen64ep2t...04432.pdf?dl=0

"4EYEDFX" plate -- The 1985 Capri 3.8L/Auto/AC (works!)
    $1000 ($1100 in California because I gotta smog it..)
    ~115k on it, though the engine and trans were replaced somewhere around the 60-70k mark according to the previous owner. No idea how true that is, unfortunately. Runs great for me, though.
    Runs great, AC works awesome (new compressor).
    Passes smog just fine, though HC are a bit close so it likely would benefit from plugs/wires. New main catalytic converter.
    This was my daily driver for a few years, so it's dependable.
    Has kick-panel speaker pods (though, if I don't get a grand for it I'll swap the original kick-panels in and sell them separate..)
    New Bluetooth stereo, kick-panel separates (see above re: kick panels).. If I remember, it has newer 6x9s as well. I gotta double check that.
    Tags are current.. They come up next in February 2018..

I got way more into these cars than I'd like, but I just have too many dang cars.. I would like for them to go to a good home where I know they'll be taken care of. Super awesome if they go as a pair..

Open for trades.. Pre-75 trucks, vans (pre-75 OR 70s-91 cargo van), Anything that runs reasonably well.. Interesting vintage 60s/70s vintage stuff (Honda trail bikes, etc).. vintage air installed in one of my vans.. a paint/body on one of my vans.. I'm open!

Some extra parts available for purchase for the price I bought em for-- 5 lug swap, 94-98 Cobra rims with great tires, 94-98 Cobra rims powdercoated gold and rootbeer brown (were destined for the 85... it was going to be a 5.0L swap before I changed my mind..), a hood scoop capri hood with hood scoop (...that's complicated to say.. the regular scoop like what's on the 83.. NOT the huge warthog RS scoop..)..
    Last edited by JollyRajR; 10-15-2017 at 06:41 PM.