Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by sowaxeman View Post
    Looking forward to hearing the car count for this year....it fell like it was flat or perhaps down compared to last year, which is a surprise given how awesome the weather was.
    Yes, I agree. Also consider that just Thursday there was a real-live Tropical Storm wreaking havoc on the area. I know because I was here. So a lot of people had to make a decision to either cancel their reservations or eat the deposit. Hard decision to make for a working family trying to pay bills so I get it.

I remember last year Jen spent half the awards ceremony saying they had already outgrown the space and the 2018 show would have to move somewhere else and I was looking around at 150+ empty spots scratching my head. However, I believe they were parking in a spot and a half last year. This year was a single parking space for each show car. But fact is there were still spots everywhere anyway. Hardly any non-Fox cars showed up this year at all. In the past they had a reserved show area for non-Fox Mustangs and not this year. There had to be 150 empty spots if you were only allowing Fox parking even with the single spot parking. I don't believe this show is capable of outgrowing that stadium lot.
    At any rate, it doesn't matter much at the end of the day. The town has already voted to build the Kannapolis baseball team a brand new stadium down town so this facility will be sold and turned into a vinyl siding farm soon enough.
    Last edited by homer302; 10-15-2018 at 06:42 PM.

Another great year at Foxtoberfest in the books, I’m ready for next year and I’ll try and continue my streak of brining a different car every year.

Ohh yeah, well I've been to every one and I'm looking forward to continuing my streak of bringing the SAME one again next year, LOL. I tried to find the FEP group. I found Rich and Mick but I never found anyone else. I even clicked on your signature but I guess the car you brought does not have pictures on your FEP signature?

I hate I had to miss it this year. I had my window sticker but lost power Thur. from the storm. We didn't get it back till late Fri. night. I didn't have the time to get the car or me ready. Hopefully next year.

Homer you are right...I was in Greenville, SC when the Hurrican/Tropical Storm rolled through in the early morning. With 70mph wind gusts, it literally ripped the tonneau frame off my truck, wrinkled it up and dumped it right in the bed!! But by Thursday afternoon the weather was perfect...regardless there was probably an impact for sure. Another thing I noticed this year that I didn't really notice the previous two years was the amount of people leaving after lunch.

They have PLENTY of room to grow at that location...they revamped things this year by eliminating the truck/trailer parking. If they get to 750+ cars they would still have room to grow by limiting/moving the spectator parking.

Oh...if you are talking about my signature, no I do not have pictures linked there. I was parked by the VIP tent on the corner with my red 82 GT. I got around and talked with Mick for a few minutes, as well as the Long Island guys that were sitting behind Joe's car.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    Ohh yeah, well I've been to every one and I'm looking forward to continuing my streak of bringing the SAME one again next year, LOL. I tried to find the FEP group. I found Rich and Mick but I never found anyone else. I even clicked on your signature but I guess the car you brought does not have pictures on your FEP signature?
    I brought the Black 84Gt with the Mesh ARE’s and Recaros Seats.

Quote Originally Posted by sowaxeman View Post
    Well, I did it again! Quite an honor to be recognized for a third straight year for a Best Original Looking forward to hearing the car count for this year....it fell like it was flat or perhaps down compared to last year, which is a surprise given how awesome the weather was.
    Congratulations on the Award!

This was my first year going and I had a great time. Though, Yes it did not look like the turn out they were hoping for. It was still a great turn out.
    We had just had Hurricane / Tropical Storm Michael "Blow" through the Thursday of the event. There was flooding and trees down all over the state. And some people didn't have power restored until Sunday or even Monday.
    Despite the perfect weather for Saturday; the storm probably kept a lot of people from being able to attend.

I hope to make it back next year with a few improvements to my '93 and maybe even have a few more cars ride down with me.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTwilight View Post
    Congratulations on the Award!

This was my first year going and I had a great time. Though, Yes it did not look like the turn out they were hoping for. It was still a great turn out.
    We had just had Hurricane / Tropical Storm Michael "Blow" through the Thursday of the event. There was flooding and trees down all over the state. And some people didn't have power restored until Sunday or even Monday.
    Despite the perfect weather for Saturday; the storm probably kept a lot of people from being able to attend.

I hope to make it back next year with a few improvements to my '93 and maybe even have a few more cars ride down with me.
    Wow. Tough crowd, LOL. It was 600 cars the day after a Tropical Storm. HAHAHA. I can't get over that comment. There was not a single MCA National or Regional show this year that turned out HALF that I don't believe, LOL. I know they didn't top it. And those are Nationwide and open to 54 years worth and 10,000,000 cars, not just one generation.
    You are not far from the show so pay attention to the show meetings for next year.
    Last edited by homer302; 10-19-2018 at 08:04 PM.

I took my 92 GT and had a good time. Perfect weather and alot of cars there that were new to me. I didnot go last year. 2016 I took my pace car and yes I had several people ask me where that car was. I should have kept that car. I am a idiot for selling it. Anyway, great time and look forward to 2019 get together.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12