Close

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by sowaxeman View Post
    Looking forward to hearing the car count for this year....it fell like it was flat or perhaps down compared to last year, which is a surprise given how awesome the weather was.
    Yes, I agree. Also consider that just Thursday there was a real-live Tropical Storm wreaking havoc on the area. I know because I was here. So a lot of people had to make a decision to either cancel their reservations or eat the deposit. Hard decision to make for a working family trying to pay bills so I get it.

I remember last year Jen spent half the awards ceremony saying they had already outgrown the space and the 2018 show would have to move somewhere else and I was looking around at 150+ empty spots scratching my head. However, I believe they were parking in a spot and a half last year. This year was a single parking space for each show car. But fact is there were still spots everywhere anyway. Hardly any non-Fox cars showed up this year at all. In the past they had a reserved show area for non-Fox Mustangs and not this year. There had to be 150 empty spots if you were only allowing Fox parking even with the single spot parking. I don't believe this show is capable of outgrowing that stadium lot.
    At any rate, it doesn't matter much at the end of the day. The town has already voted to build the Kannapolis baseball team a brand new stadium down town so this facility will be sold and turned into a vinyl siding farm soon enough.
    Last edited by homer302; 10-15-2018 at 06:42 PM.