Close

Default Fuel pump relocation/ removal for dual mufflers

What did you guys do to run duals on a cfi equipped car? This pump/filter is really stumping me right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1984 LTD LX, 160k mile Explorer 5.0, Comp XE264HR-14 cam, Alex’s Parts springs on stock GT40 3 bar heads, Unported Explorer intake, 1 5/8 shorty headers, off-road H-Pipe, Spintech 9000 mufflers, Holley Terminator X Max, J-Mod 4R70W, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, Tubular front and rear control arms, front coilovers, Turbocoupe rear coil springs

On my 84 Cougar, I relocated it all to the front of the tank on the plastic shield. I cut two slits and installed a large hose clamp. I see if I can find a pic.
    84 Cougar, 90 HO with 700DP, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1.7 RRs, shorty's and SS exh, T-5, KC clutch, Hurst pro billet, line loc, 8.8, 4.10s, suspension mods....blah, blah,blah.

71 Comet, 289, Liberty TL, 9", 6.00s, 11.9x @ 112.... blah, blah, blah.

Quote Originally Posted by quickshift View Post
    On my 84 Cougar, I relocated it all to the front of the tank on the plastic shield. I cut two slits and installed a large hose clamp. I see if I can find a pic.

I did some thinking and I'm going to put in a 190lph pump in the tank and I have the nylon hose repair kit so I can keep the factory ends and move the filter in front of the torque box. Plenty of room to mount the filter there. Thanks for the reply though!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1984 LTD LX, 160k mile Explorer 5.0, Comp XE264HR-14 cam, Alex’s Parts springs on stock GT40 3 bar heads, Unported Explorer intake, 1 5/8 shorty headers, off-road H-Pipe, Spintech 9000 mufflers, Holley Terminator X Max, J-Mod 4R70W, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, Tubular front and rear control arms, front coilovers, Turbocoupe rear coil springs

Found the pics if it can help anyone else. Please ignore the dirty appearance , it's been undercoated a while back. Looks like hell but everything comes loose while still working towards completion.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    84 Cougar, 90 HO with 700DP, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1.7 RRs, shorty's and SS exh, T-5, KC clutch, Hurst pro billet, line loc, 8.8, 4.10s, suspension mods....blah, blah,blah.

71 Comet, 289, Liberty TL, 9", 6.00s, 11.9x @ 112.... blah, blah, blah.

On a buddies 84 GT350 2.3t car I built I converted it to a Aeromotive 340 intank pump and mounted the filter to the plastic cover on the tank just like the guys above did. I bought a roll of plastic fuel line and some Dorman plastic fuel line unions to reroute everything.

It wasnt a huge pain to convert that GT350 but when i built my 83 Turbocoupe with a supercharged 5.0 I left the stock 2.3t dual pump fuel system and just built a single 3" exhaust. Much easier.
    Brian R. of Michigan
    83 TBird 5.0
    88 Ranger 2.3t
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...83-Tbird-build

I cut up that filter/pump assembly until it was just the filter portion left. Then I bolted the filter portion to the crossmember in front of the fuel tank. Inside the tank I went with a walbro 255lph.