Close

Default Free Carfax Reports Ran

Recently purchased 84 notch and wanted to check this bad boys history so i purchased a subscription to a vin checking site( by the way, came out clean. Southern car...no rear defrosters here!!). I'm trying to restore this pony to its original beauty. I have about 20 reports still available after running all mine and my families VINs so I'm offering searches for the 1st 20 people who are interested. In return, I'd love some help locating an 84 front bumper cover w/ headlight bezel and extenders, if they even come with them. Are they built into the fender? I had an 86 and it had fender extenders like the 87-93. Im not exactly "in the know" of the ins and outs of the 84. The one I recently purchased didn't come with a front bumper as it was damaged by the PO, so i'm starting at page 1. I'd be very grateful if anyone can offer this info and please, post your VINs either here or a PM and I'll help ya out with a VIN search.

Thanks,

Kevin

Welcome to fep!!!!Congrats on your acquisition, i dont think coupes had the front bumper with fogs? You will need an lx bumper or early gt bumper... if going original

Welcome to FEP!

Congrats on the new to you 1984 coupe.

As Fidel mentioned above the LX would be a non foglight front bumper cover. Essentially any 83 front bumper cover and any 84 bumper cover that is not the 84.5 GT cover with fog lights is correct for your LX. The fender extensions from 83-86 are the ones you need. They all interchange, but are different than other year models.

You can buy new headlight dividers here if needed: https://lmr.com/item/LRS-13064CPR/83...t-Divider-Bars
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Yes i'm looking for a bumper with no fogs. Isn't there a headlight bezel that runs the length of the bumper cover that gives the lights a place to mount? Like the 87-93 cars.

Quote Originally Posted by i57hustle View Post
    Yes i'm looking for a bumper with no fogs. Isn't there a headlight bezel that runs the length of the bumper cover that gives the lights a place to mount? Like the 87-93 cars.
    Yes, mounted inside the cover is the header (headlight) panel, looks like this.......but supposed to be in one piece.

Name:  1105161715.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  122.4 KB
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Welcome fellow Southern Illinoisian, we're practically neighbors. I'm just North of Zeigler, nice to see someone local on the board.
    86 GT 363 w/80mm turbo-currently under construction
    19 F-150 Lariat Supercrew-DD

Is this still available
    ~LES~
    157 HP @ 4200 RPM
    240 ft/lb @ 2400 RPM

"Yeah Baby Feel That Pure Power"
    Capri:
    Is a Mustang With Hips And Class