Close

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Consistent care and the knowledge that often goes with it makes a huge difference. Clear language and accurate information in a chart often makes a big difference. My grandpa would tweak his own chart if he ever got an opportune shot at it with a pen. “Drs orders” you know .....

Nothing major just stuff to be a little more comfortable like 0.5 more O2 than they were giving so it lines up with where he like to keep his concentrator at home.

No major updates at this time. Dad is better, but only slightly. His good doctor has helped to fix a lot of the screw ups and piss poor care. So we are grateful for that. Dad had a scans of his stomach and esophagus yesterday to try and find the bleed, but no luck. He is scheduled for a colonoscopy today. He's in a lot of pain and wearing his CPAP with 02 all the time right now. He is extremely tired and has trouble staying awake and aware for any length of time. We are waiting for more test results and more information as the day goes on. Thank you for all the prayers, thoughts, and help through this trying time, I greatly appreciate it.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Dad is currently in surgery right now. They are doing two surgeries, colonoscopy and EGD looking for the source of his stomach bleed. surgery will take a couple of hours. Praying that everything goes well and he comes out fine and is able to have an easy recovery. Thanks!
    ​Trey

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Hoping for the best! And more prayers for all of you!

Thanks Everyone!

Latest update, Dad's surgeries went well. He is now being treated for clostridium difficile infection (colon infection) so that is an additional 2 antibiotics so we up to 4 now. Dad is very tired, but pain level is 5/6 instead of the 9/10 of yesterday.

Good news is that starting Monday the hospital will allow one guest to visit in full PPE, so hopefully that happens.
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

OMFG I am so glad to hear that!
    so happy that things are improving
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

Great news!
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd
    79 Cobra - working on 351w, t5
    82 Capri- working on 302, t5
    82gt - working on 408w, c4

FEP Senior Member burntorange84's Avatar

Thanks for the better news. Being able to see him in person will be helpful for all the family. How’s your mom doing?

Trey, how are you holding up?
    -j

Thank you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by burntorange84 View Post
    Thanks for the better news. Being able to see him in person will be helpful for all the family. How’s your mom doing?

Trey, how are you holding up?
    -j
    Mom is recovering fine from her ankle surgery. She is doing better every day and has been better and less upset the last week now that Dad has one his Doctor's taking care of him. She still gets choked up talking about Dad at times, but much better than before.

I am doing fine. Thankfully trying to get a new business going keeps me running most of the day and helps to keep my mind off everything at least somewhat. I am a little tired and ready to get off this roller coaster, but doing alright. My wife and youngest daughter have been "taking care" of me during this so that always helps. Thankfully with all the great friends here on FEP, my friends outside of FEP, and family I have plenty of people providing support and prayers during this time. We will get through this and be stronger in the end. Thank you for asking and all the support you have offered and provided. I greatly appreciate it!
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Hopefully things go your parents way

Yesterday was another very frustrating day with the hospital and its staff. We learned that since Wednesday of this week my father has not eaten more than 1 meal a day and most of those meals have been nothing but a protein shake that we provided the hospital. Between the drugs and diabetes Dad has been very sleepy and difficult to wake and keep awake, so rather than try to wake him to feed him they have just let him sleep. No feeding tube, no IV feeding, nothing other than literally a protein shake. I just don't understand this once again.

His "Good" doctor has not responded to any calls, texts, nor emails since Wednesday so apparently the "good" label can be removed from his title. We also found out that apparently the hospital protocol is that Doctors do their rounds without Nurse interaction. An ICU nurse has 2 patients, yet apparently can not be bedside when the Doctor is there to discuss the patient. Their only interaction is thru notes the Doctor leaves for the nurse. Again I really don't know what to say to this. Last since my father who has been unable to speak without slurring his words and having plain difficulty making the words, was able to respond to 3 questions posed by the doctor so they were going to move him out of ICU even though nothing has really improved the last few days. Same doctor also wanted to change up his medications in hope of more improvement. Luckily my sister was finally able to get ahold of him and say NO! She informed him that we are going to move Dad to the hospital she works at and were going to do it that same day if they were moving him out ICU. Doctor pressed that he wanted to change the meds and they finally compromised that meds would change, but Dad stayed in ICU. So today after his dialysis we are moving him out of this hospital to my sister's. They are a long term acute care hospital and luckily my sister can visit my Dad as often as she wants or needs to since she works there. Mom will not be able to visit as of yet, but she's just happy that my sister will be able.

So hopefully today is a better day for my Dad and everything goes well with the transfer to the other hospital. The trip is only about 20 minutes or so and brings him closer to his house and my mother. Thanks everyone for the prayers and well wishes!
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

FEP Senior Member

Glad to hear (or read) your sister can be closer to help him and monitor him more!