Close

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Hopefully we are at least a small distraction from your daily issues. I have been there unfortunately but it was before the internet and social media. We all hope for the best outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    Hopefully we are at least a small distraction from your daily issues. I have been there unfortunately but it was before the internet and social media. We all hope for the best outcome.
    Thanks!

I try and use FEP as a distraction and stress reliever, but I have had so little spare time lately. Usually just a few minutes late at night (like now!) until I can't keep my eyes open and then go to bed!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Trey. I hope things continue to get better and smooth out for all of you and you guys can get back to some normalcy.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Praying for your family.

Jess
    Previously owned;
    1979 Mustang, v6 swapped to EFI 393, custom installed m122 blower, 4r70w trans, Megasquirt II, T-top swaped in.
    1990 Mustang, 545 BBF, C-4 with brake, ladder bars.
    1983 Mustang, 1984 SVO Mustang
    1984 Mustang convertible, v6 swapped to 351
    1986 Mustang GT, 1989 Mustang GT convertible
    1992 Mustang coupe, 4 swapped to 302

Wanted to give everyone an update on my Dad and his health.

Unfortunately once again he is in the hospital and has been for almost a week now. At first the doctors thought his only kidney was finally shutting down and he might have to go on dialysis. Things were hit and miss for the first couple of days as they had to do cultures as it appeared he had a UTI, but they needed to determine if it was in his kidney, his stint in his kidney or what. This is what put him in the ICU in December of 2013 for 22 days and a medical comma for 8 of those days. So needless to say we were all very worried and scared.

Fortunately the results came back and although the results showed a Staph infection at least we know what it is and how to deal with it now. His doctor is the same one that dealt with the whole 2013 debacle so she isn't willing to allow this to get out of control and history repeat itself again. He is going to be in the hospital for at least another 10 days at this point until everything is cleared up and he is off the antibiotics, etc. He's not happy about that, but at least understands the seriousness of the situation.

We visited him last night and I am happy to say that I was able to see my ole' Dad again for the first time in probably 2 years. He was awake, interactive, funny, and just an all around joy to visit with. He obviously wasn't in the constant paint and discomfort that he has endured for the last several years. I am cautiously optimist that things will continue and maybe see some improvements in his overall health and fitness. I know he has been thru hell and back and he will never be without some issues, but I am hoping and praying that we can get him to a point mentally, physically, and emotionally that his quality of life is decent enough that it's worth living and enjoying and not just existing.

Thanks once again to everyone for your prayer, thoughts, and concerns they are greatly appreciated and I truly believe all that energy put out there has helped my father get through this situation and come out in a better way then many expected. I hope to update with more good news as the week goes on. Thanks!
    ​Trey

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Thanks for the update, keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Good update Trey! All the best.

Good news!!!!! YES!!!!!

FEP Senior Member burntorange84's Avatar

Trey,

Just saw this. Praying for y'all. Glad to hear you had a good day with your Dad. A small gift.

-j

Thanks to everyone again for all the thoughts, prayers, and good wishes, they are much appreciated!

Good news, Dad was released from the hospital yesterday afternoon and is back home once again!

I am happy to report that he came home in much better shape this time than the last 3 or more. He looks better, seems to feel better, and so far has been more interactive and attentive than in the past.

I know we still have a rough road ahead, but I am hoping and praying that maybe this time we are going to finally see some improvement in his day to day health and ability to live some type of average daily life that isn't sleeping 18-20 hours a day and just being comatose in his recliner. We are having a small family party this evening for him coming home from the hospital and to celebrate Veterans day for him/with him too.

Thanks once again for all the help, support, thoughts, and prayers through this situation. I greatly appreciate it and so does my family. I will post some updates as time goes on and hopefully they are all good ones in the future. Thanks!
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Great news Trey!
    There's no denying it, a lot a power in that prayer thing.
    Last edited by Ray Dog; 11-11-2017 at 03:28 PM.
    Ray
    86 Mustang LX 3.8 Convertible (bought new}
    65 Galaxie 500 XL 390 auto
    2A

That's great news!

Wow great to hear, happy veteran's day!

Good to hear. We all need good news once in awhile.
    84 Cougar, 90 HO with 700DP, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1.7 RRs, shorty's and SS exh, T-5, KC clutch, Hurst pro billet, line loc, 8.8, 4.10s, suspension mods....blah, blah,blah.

71 Comet, 289, Liberty TL, 9", 6.00s, 11.9x @ 112.... blah, blah, blah.

Happy to hear this! Enjoy the family time.

Wow, I can't believe I didn't see your post before. My dad also a Vietnam veteran, has been in and out of the va hospital with colon cancer and 7 days after his colon surgery had a heart attack! It didnt look good that night. I drove 120 mph the 12 miles to his house thinking i was gonna be saying good by. My only consolation was that his eternal security is certain . While we prayed for his health we knew where he was going should he not make it . Our prayers were answered as he just got released from osu hospital on friday, they did a stint to fix a 95% blockage. He is 71 years old, strong as a ox, and a die-hard mustang guy. He has a 71 boss 351, a 68 428 Cobra Jet Car and pretty close to 35 other classic Mustangs from the 60s. Besides the specific cars i mentioned many of these are parts cars but he has taught me everything I know about car Restorations. He has inspired me as a dad to teach my son as we tackle my Capri project.

We will be praying for your dad Trey!

Venomous Moderator Hissing Cobra's Avatar

I'll say a prayer for your dad and your whole family. I hope he can recover to where he's mobile again. Be strong.
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    420 rwhp/380 rwt (New Motor)
    11.49 @ 121.86

306/T-5/4.30's (Old Motor)
    307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

Thanks once again to everyone for their thoughts, prayers, and well wishes.

I feel that I need to update this once again. Unfortunately the news is not good. Dad has been out of the hospital for almost a whole month at this point. That has been great and a much needed relief for all of us including him.

Yesterday, he had major heart pain and needed to take his Nitro Glycerin pills twice to deal with the pain. Luckily that subsided and he was doing ok. The major hit came later yesterday afternoon with the call from his doctor to inform us my father has congestive heart failure and that is the reason he has shortness of breath and difficulty moving around.

Not sure what that means in the short term or the long term at this point. Unfortunately neither are looking good at this point. Once again trying to get appointments to see the different doctors to see what can be done to help Dad out and at least make his remaining time here as comfortable and pain free as possible.

Thanks again for all the support and help dealing with this and allowing me to vent a bit here on FEP.
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Continued prayers for your Dad and family.
    88 Turbo Coupe auto
    88 Turbo Coupe 5spd
    79 Fairmont Futura 4.6
    79 Capri RS - 2.3/5spd restomod
    80 Capri 5.0/5spd project
    79 Zephyr Z7 factory 5.0 sunroof
    79 Pace Car 5.0/5spd project
    85 LTD LX factory 5spd?(not documented)
    86 GT conv 5.0/5spd
    79 Pace Car 2.3/4spd - needs new home

Your FEP brothers and sisters are here for you buddy. Prayers to you.....
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

Prayers for your dad and your family Trey!

May there be many unexpected blessings to come.

I wanted to share that my great grandmother lived with congestive heart failure related problems for over 20 years and died of unrelated illness. It's definitely not a death sentence when managed.

think about that born in late 1800s early 1900s generation a moment. Messages were delivered via pony express or usps using railroad combined with horse/buggy coming in and Internet going out.

Everything was fried and cooked in lard. Lard was used like butter on sandwiches. Etc.

A project she was involved in starting in her late teens or early 20's was to get involved with pushing for funding for a bridge from NE to SD near niobrara. She ultimately lived to see funding get allocated at age 96 and rode across the bridge a few times at age 99. She passed away of pneumonia related problems a few months before turning 100. I have pictures of her holding my son, her great-great grandson, one of many she had and knew

she stayed up on news and did all she could to stay mentally sharp. Was the type to walk 3 blocks to the bakery twice a week if nobody took her.

Anyway, a lot with this is determined by outlook and a will to live which is often fed by quality of life. That's an important focus

my great grandma went downhill eventually as my grandma slowed down so it was harder to stay on top of treatment. Also great grandmas goals were met and she didn't replace them with new ones. bone density, pain, bone breaks, etc, problems is what slowed her down also

Having watched all of this growing up - some thoughts
    - become well read on managing conjestive heart failure so he lives with it but it doesn't consume or run his life or eliminate quality of life.
    - low sodium while being religious about water pill timing and managing intake and output of water is very important
    - help him stay active, get out and walk every day -- rain, shine, blizzard, or 120 degree heat index fresh air is critical
    - keep him as involved as possible in hobbies and interests in life
    -teach younger generations whenever possible, stay involved in the area churches and community, etc
    - treat them every now and then, let them think they are getting away with something

Blessings everyone! Prayers!

Thinking of you and your family
    Amy MCA #81079 3rd generation gold card judge, 1993 Ford Probe GT
    1979 Cobra
    1979 Ghia coupe
    1979 5.0 coupe
    1980 turbo coupe
    1990 7 up
    1993 Yellow /black feature convertible 14k miles
    1993Yellow/black feature convertible AC delete
    1995 Cobra hardtop convertible
    1998 GT convertible

Thoughts and prayers buddy. Remember if there is anything i can do let me know

Thanks Everyone!

Right now we are in a holding pattern once again. Not sure what if anything can be done to help Dad with the latest issue. I know from talking to my sister (RN) that often Congestive Heart Failure is treated with a diuretic to help with the fluids that fill the lungs and cause the shortness of breath and difficulty when exerting oneself. Not sure how or if that is an option with Dad and his Diabetes, Kidney, and other issues. So we are waiting for him to meet with the Doctors to come up with a game plan to help deal with this.

My spirits are honestly a bit beaten and bruised, but we will get thru this and I am sure that things will get better and the great doctors he has right now will come up with something that will improve his condition and quality of life. We keep praying and just take each day as it comes right now and deal with everything as best we can. Thanks!
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Sometimes the beatings and bruising on the spirit are from them being shaped in ways we don't initially understand. Stay faithful that there are answers. Stay positive and strong. Take it one day at a time as that's how it comes.

prayers for you, your dad, and your family.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast