Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Continued prayers for y’all. Hang in there.
    88 Turbo Coupe auto
    88 Turbo Coupe 5spd
    79 Fairmont Futura 4.6
    79 Capri RS - 2.3/5spd restomod
    80 Capri 5.0/5spd project
    79 Zephyr Z7 factory 5.0 sunroof
    79 Pace Car 5.0/5spd project
    85 LTD LX factory 5spd?(not documented)
    86 GT conv 5.0/5spd
    79 Pace Car 2.3/4spd - needs new home

I had an Illostomy bag for about two months(empties the small intestine into a bag). Getting the bags to seal to your skin is essential. Any leaks will irritate the skin and will start to break it down, might have to try a couple different styles or brands. I would make sure that whoever will be helping your father with this sit down with an ostomy nurse and make sure they know how to change it. I hope everything goes good for him. Prayer as well.

Jess
    Currently own;
    1979 Mustang, v6 swapped to EFI 393, custom installed m122 blower, 4r70w trans, Megasquirt II, T-top swaped in.
    Previously owned;
    1990 Mustang, 545 BBF, C-4 with brake, ladder bars.
    1983 Mustang, 1984 SVO Mustang
    1984 Mustang convertible, v6 swapped to 351
    1986 Mustang GT, 1989 Mustang GT convertible
    1992 Mustang coupe, 4 swapped to 302

Jess, Thanks for the heads up! I will pass it on to my father and family. I will be back down there on the 30th, so I will help out as much as I can too.

Thanks for all the well wishes again for everyone!

Good news the surgery went well today. Interestingly Dad's kidney is doing much better with the new stent and that actually caused the surgery to take a bit longer than expected. I don't have all the specific details, but I guess with it not being as swollen and enlarged as it had been it was more difficult to get the tubes inserted correctly.

Thankfully everything went well, he is recovering and should be getting better as the week goes on. I spoke to him on the phone early this morning, He started out full of strength and vigor, but as the conversation continued his true exhaustion began to come thru his voice. I am happy he feels well enough to put on a good face for me, but still concerned with his overall energy level. I fully understand the exhaustion and general tiredness, I just wish he had more energy. I talked to Dad long enough to let him know I loved him and missed him. I wished him well with the surgery and let him know that my family and many others are thinking about him and praying for him. He appreciated that and thanked me. I told him that Mom would keep me up to date and that I would talk to him tomorrow as I knew he would be wiped out after the surgery. I will give him a call tomorrow around lunch and see how he is doing.

Thanks once again to everyone!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Awaiting Restoration
    1984 SVO Restoration in Progress
    1986 GT Wrecked by PO, but still want to save!

Current Capris:
    1982 Capri Roller
    1984 Capri Returned to Bubble Back Glory
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts
    1982 Capri RS 5.0 4spd T-tops

Continued prayers Trey. I don't know much about this stuff but my thoughts and feelings are with you and your family.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Was nice to finally get a chance to speak with you yesterday Trey! My thoughts and prayers are with your dad, you, and your family.

Thanks guys! James, enjoyed visiting with you yesterday! Hope we do it again soon!

Unfortunately today's news is not great. Dad's kidney that was doing better than expected the last two days is NOT doing well right now. His levels have spiked again due to the kidney function being very low. The doctors have decided that they do need to install a Permacath (??) for dialysis in his neck and need to do it immediately. They have scheduled his for the surgery tomorrow, but don't have a time yet. Hope to know more in the early morning.

I spoke with Dad today and he was in decent spirits consider the latest news. Definitely tired and not happy about another surgery, but overall in good spirits. Reminded him once again that he has a lot of people thinking about him and praying for him, he was grateful and appreciative. We didn't talk for long as I could tell he was tired. Told him I loved him and would talk to him again tomorrow. Mom is staying with him again tonight. I will be there Tuesday afternoon next week and hopefully I can take some of the load off once I am there. Unfortunately Dad will probably be in the hospital for at least another week maybe more at this point.
    ​Trey

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1982 Capri Roller

Good thoughts and prayers sent your way.

Update for everyone. Dad has the Permacathater (?) installed in his neck yesterday. The surgery didn't happen until around 3pm CST and Dad couldn't eat or drink all day until then. I always wonder why they do that in hospitals, seems like a form of torture at times to me. Anyway . . .

The surgery was quick and efficient and everything went well. They immediately took him from surgery and hooked him up for Dialysis. The ended up pulling about 1 liter of fluid from him which was good. After that he was allowed to eat and rest. Needless to say he is exhausted. I have not talked to him since Thursday just my Mom. She is holding up well, but you can tell she is exhausted too.

The latest is that they need to install a Fistula in his right arm. I don't know all the details, but basically its a connection between arteries/blood vessels that is under the skin, but allows them to hook up for dialysis. This is supposed to be better long term in regards to infection and other issues because unlike the Permacath there are not any hoses/line sticking out of the skin. The Permacath has to be exhanged every 4-6 months to prevent infection where the Fistula again is permanent and doesn't have to be swapped out unless there are issues. The reason for both right now is that the Permacath is needed while the Fistula heals for 8-12 weeks before it can be used for Dialysis.

So now that my medical training update is complete. Overall news is good, so we are thankful for that. Thanks again for all the well wishes and prayers they are greatly appreciated by all of us. Not sure what the next week or up coming weeks will be at this time, but we will deal and adjust as needed. God Bless!
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1982 Capri Roller

Glad to hear he made it through and is able to rest now. Take care and hang in there. It will get easier

Wanted to update everyone that Dad was finally released from the Hospital and back at home last night around 6pm.

He is doing better, but still have several things to sort out in the coming weeks and months. I am jumping on an airplane around 10 today and headed back down to TX to help out.

Thanks again for all the well wishes and prayers they are greatly appreciated! God Bless!
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1982 Capri Roller

Thanks for the update Trey. Praying for you guys.

-j

Trey, I haven't been on the site for some time and just saw this. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family. Please thank your father for his service!

Continued prayers

God speed Trey. Keep us update.

Prayers for your family.
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345