Close

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Continued prayers for y’all. Hang in there.
    88 Turbo Coupe auto
    88 Turbo Coupe 5spd
    79 Fairmont Futura 4.6
    79 Capri RS - 2.3/5spd restomod
    80 Capri 5.0/5spd project
    79 Zephyr Z7 factory 5.0 sunroof
    79 Pace Car 5.0/5spd project
    85 LTD LX factory 5spd?(not documented)
    86 GT conv 5.0/5spd
    79 Pace Car 2.3/4spd - needs new home

I had an Illostomy bag for about two months(empties the small intestine into a bag). Getting the bags to seal to your skin is essential. Any leaks will irritate the skin and will start to break it down, might have to try a couple different styles or brands. I would make sure that whoever will be helping your father with this sit down with an ostomy nurse and make sure they know how to change it. I hope everything goes good for him. Prayer as well.

Jess
    Previously owned;
    1979 Mustang, v6 swapped to EFI 393, custom installed m122 blower, 4r70w trans, Megasquirt II, T-top swaped in.
    1990 Mustang, 545 BBF, C-4 with brake, ladder bars.
    1983 Mustang, 1984 SVO Mustang
    1984 Mustang convertible, v6 swapped to 351
    1986 Mustang GT, 1989 Mustang GT convertible
    1992 Mustang coupe, 4 swapped to 302

Jess, Thanks for the heads up! I will pass it on to my father and family. I will be back down there on the 30th, so I will help out as much as I can too.

Thanks for all the well wishes again for everyone!

Good news the surgery went well today. Interestingly Dad's kidney is doing much better with the new stent and that actually caused the surgery to take a bit longer than expected. I don't have all the specific details, but I guess with it not being as swollen and enlarged as it had been it was more difficult to get the tubes inserted correctly.

Thankfully everything went well, he is recovering and should be getting better as the week goes on. I spoke to him on the phone early this morning, He started out full of strength and vigor, but as the conversation continued his true exhaustion began to come thru his voice. I am happy he feels well enough to put on a good face for me, but still concerned with his overall energy level. I fully understand the exhaustion and general tiredness, I just wish he had more energy. I talked to Dad long enough to let him know I loved him and missed him. I wished him well with the surgery and let him know that my family and many others are thinking about him and praying for him. He appreciated that and thanked me. I told him that Mom would keep me up to date and that I would talk to him tomorrow as I knew he would be wiped out after the surgery. I will give him a call tomorrow around lunch and see how he is doing.

Thanks once again to everyone!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Continued prayers Trey. I don't know much about this stuff but my thoughts and feelings are with you and your family.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Was nice to finally get a chance to speak with you yesterday Trey! My thoughts and prayers are with your dad, you, and your family.

Thanks guys! James, enjoyed visiting with you yesterday! Hope we do it again soon!

Unfortunately today's news is not great. Dad's kidney that was doing better than expected the last two days is NOT doing well right now. His levels have spiked again due to the kidney function being very low. The doctors have decided that they do need to install a Permacath (??) for dialysis in his neck and need to do it immediately. They have scheduled his for the surgery tomorrow, but don't have a time yet. Hope to know more in the early morning.

I spoke with Dad today and he was in decent spirits consider the latest news. Definitely tired and not happy about another surgery, but overall in good spirits. Reminded him once again that he has a lot of people thinking about him and praying for him, he was grateful and appreciative. We didn't talk for long as I could tell he was tired. Told him I loved him and would talk to him again tomorrow. Mom is staying with him again tonight. I will be there Tuesday afternoon next week and hopefully I can take some of the load off once I am there. Unfortunately Dad will probably be in the hospital for at least another week maybe more at this point.
    ​Trey

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Good thoughts and prayers sent your way.

Update for everyone. Dad has the Permacathater (?) installed in his neck yesterday. The surgery didn't happen until around 3pm CST and Dad couldn't eat or drink all day until then. I always wonder why they do that in hospitals, seems like a form of torture at times to me. Anyway . . .

The surgery was quick and efficient and everything went well. They immediately took him from surgery and hooked him up for Dialysis. The ended up pulling about 1 liter of fluid from him which was good. After that he was allowed to eat and rest. Needless to say he is exhausted. I have not talked to him since Thursday just my Mom. She is holding up well, but you can tell she is exhausted too.

The latest is that they need to install a Fistula in his right arm. I don't know all the details, but basically its a connection between arteries/blood vessels that is under the skin, but allows them to hook up for dialysis. This is supposed to be better long term in regards to infection and other issues because unlike the Permacath there are not any hoses/line sticking out of the skin. The Permacath has to be exhanged every 4-6 months to prevent infection where the Fistula again is permanent and doesn't have to be swapped out unless there are issues. The reason for both right now is that the Permacath is needed while the Fistula heals for 8-12 weeks before it can be used for Dialysis.

So now that my medical training update is complete. Overall news is good, so we are thankful for that. Thanks again for all the well wishes and prayers they are greatly appreciated by all of us. Not sure what the next week or up coming weeks will be at this time, but we will deal and adjust as needed. God Bless!
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Glad to hear he made it through and is able to rest now. Take care and hang in there. It will get easier

Wanted to update everyone that Dad was finally released from the Hospital and back at home last night around 6pm.

He is doing better, but still have several things to sort out in the coming weeks and months. I am jumping on an airplane around 10 today and headed back down to TX to help out.

Thanks again for all the well wishes and prayers they are greatly appreciated! God Bless!
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

FEP Senior Member burntorange84's Avatar

Thanks for the update Trey. Praying for you guys.

-j

Trey, I haven't been on the site for some time and just saw this. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family. Please thank your father for his service!

Continued prayers

God speed Trey. Keep us update.

Prayers for your family.
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

With Everything going on for so many right now, I hesitated to post this, but after my Mother's request for any and all prayers I feel I need to.

My parents were involved in a car wreck a week ago Thursday. My mother was driving and father was in the passenger seat. The wrecked at one of the X cross over intersections that have become so popular recently. So the majority of the impact was head on passenger side. At least 7 air bags deployed in the Honda Accord and all the ones on the passenger side deployed. My father took the majority of the impact. My mother broke her left ankle and right foot. My father broke T5 vertebrae in his back. Both were admitted to the hospital and ultimately released, Saturday for my Mom and Sunday for my Dad. Dad's break was a clean break and he is in a back brace/cast for 8-12 weeks. Mother was put in walking boots/casts and luckily neither required surgery. Things were looking better.

Monday before noon my father complained of being chilled and not able to warm up. Ultimately he had a 103.7 temperature and appeared to be going into septic shock again. He was transported by ambulance to the ER. He was stabilized and admitted. As usual, "Not sure what is going on" at 2 am on Tuesday morning he went into respiratory distress and was moved to the ICU. Was determined that he has double pneumonia, an unknown blood infection, and a possible kidney infection. He was on 15 liters of O2 for awhile and then reduced to 7 liters. He has been checked for COVID at both hospitals upon admittance with negative results.

Since Tuesday he has continued to struggle with breathing and talking. He is on 45-85% O2 depending on his current condition. One of his doctors reviewed the CT scan of his lungs and reports that it shows the shattered glass signs that many COVID infected patients have shown even though their tests are negative. There are theories right now that his inhalation of the propellant gasses from the airbag deployments may be the cause of his respiratory issues, but not confirmed at this point.

As a 75 year old man that has survived cancer twice, has diabetes, is on dialysis, has only 15% function in one kidney, has a broken back, COPD, and a few other issues I completely understand his chance of survival is slim at best and have prepared myself for this for many years now. I honestly didn't expect him to survive the car wreck. I know the medical community is overwhelmed with the current pandemic and everything going on, I just continue to be amazed at the . . . for lack of a better term Stupidity I see when you have a patient such as my father in his current condition and because they can't seem to determine what is going on and he continues to decline, but they want to send him to Rehab at this point in time. I fully understand that there may be another patient that is in more need of an ICU room than he is, but I don't see how sending him to Rehab at this point is going to improve his condition when he is continuing to decline rather than stabilize nor improve. I am sure these decisions are being pushed or based upon insurance, insurance coverage, and the almighty dollar and honestly that just pisses me off.

I apologize for venting here once again. I appreciate all the support and well wishes we received in the past with Dad's health struggles. I would appreciate it if you can keep my Dad and my Mom in your thoughts and prayers over the next few weeks. I am not sure how things are going to go and with everything going on, I am not sure I can even get down to TX to help out or even be there. My Mom won't admit it, but I know she feels guilty about everything happening to Dad right now since she was driving when the wreck happened. I am truly worried that if he doesn't survive this she may never forgive herself. Thank everyone in advance and God Bless!
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Prayers for you and your family.
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

Prayers for you and your family.

FEP Senior Member burntorange84's Avatar

Trey,

I tried sending you a PM. Let me know if you can open some space there and I'll resend.

Praying for y'all.
    -j

Thoughts and prayers to you and yours.

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

Prayer sent

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. You can always vent to us. We are all here for you.

Oh sorry to hear all this, Its unbelievable what has happen to your parents. I know all will be better for your parents and be strong for them, I lost both my parents around 1990 both with in a year and miss them. But hang in there brother
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

I wish your Mom and Dad the best recovery. Your Dad is awesome. Grab a dollar coin. Read it. Trust not in the dollar but the inscription. He's your Dad for goodness sake.

And for yourself; thanks for sharing. I like it when a diverse bunch of Four Eyed fanciers decide to ask for help and consideration in thoughts and whatever the heck it is that we call prayer...everyone does it when they consciously put together a mental reservation for another human being. What you call prayer, I call Care.

Care sent. From the bottom of the world.

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Be strong brother, good thoughts sent your way.

Quote Originally Posted by burntorange84 View Post
    Trey,

I tried sending you a PM. Let me know if you can open some space there and I'll resend.

Praying for y'all.
    -j
    Not sure what happened or is happening. I only show 62 messages of the 150 I can store. Please try sending again. If that doesn't work feel free to email me directly at treygraves69@gmail.com

Thanks!

Thank you for all the prayers and well wishes. I know my Dad is a tough SOB and has been counted out a few times already and made liars of several doctors and even some family a time or two. Actually one of his favorite doctors told him a year or so ago now during another hospital stay "I don't think we could kill you if we wanted to!"

Update on his condition, He is having a better day today than yesterday. He still sounds tired and a bit weak. He is slurring some of his speech, but not sure if that is drug related or what at this point. No family or friends can see him, so all of our information is coming from him, the nurses, and the doctors. Luckily my sister was a nurse and works in health care, so she knows many of the doctors and other nurses so that helps at times to get information.

My father is growing VRE and yeast in his blood and urine. VRE is Vancomycin-Resistant Enterococcus It's an infection with bacteria that are resistant to the antibiotic called vancomycin. Enterococcus is a type of bacteria that normally lives in the intestines. So they have changed up his IV antibiotics to fight this infection. He is down to 3L of O2 currently so that is a good sign, but still concerned that his respiratory issues are not being fully addressed. If things go well, they want to move him out of ICU and are already talking about sending him home Monday or Tuesday. Obviously I want him out of the hospital and back home, I just want to make sure that he is healthy enough to go home and not have a relapse a few days or week later and be in worse shape than if they had kept him for an extra day or so.

Thanks again for all the support, just one more reason I enjoy this site and the members here so much.
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller