Close

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Default Prayer and Thoughts for my Dad and Family

Honestly I hate typing this, but I need to use this as therapy and a request for thoughts and prayers.

For those that don't know, I have been down in TX for the past 6+ weeks helping out my parents trying to finish remodeling and repairs on their home, cars, etc. that my Father started but is unable to finish. The short version of the story is that my Father has had 2 bouts with Cancer, has only one kidney that is functional yet has to have a stint replaced in it every 6 months, just had a stint put in the lower blood vessel of his heart due to 95% blockage, has had a heart attack, and a mild stroke. The tough old guy is still here much to the surprise of the doctors and many of his family.

Unfortunately since 2013 and 3 weeks in ICU due to his kidney stint getting infected and him going septic he has never fully recovered. We have had to transport my Dad to the ER via ambulance twice in the last 3 weeks and last night is the latest. My father is having hallucinations, difficulty in staying awake & alert, mental confusion, and just overall not being "himself" The doctors have few if any ideas or solutions to the problems.

We went from the ER to a standard room last night and then due to inability to wake my father and other issues they transferred him to the ICU at midnight. I stayed until 1am this morning, but my mother wouldn't leave as she was scared to death last night would be his last. Not sure what the future holds at this point, but unfortunately I don't believe my father will be getting better at this point in time. I still hope and pray, but I am having to deal and accept that we may be running out of time.

We have taken care of the legal paperwork to make sure my mother will be taken care of and can handle his/their affairs without the BS hurdles etc. so I am thankful for that. Needless to say this has been a difficult time and has worn me out both physically and emotionally. I am also shocked and amazed at how well my mother has dealt with and continues to handle this situation. I won't say she's a saint, but if her patience, love, care, concern, and unwavering belief doesn't get her into heaven, I don't know what would.

I would greatly appreciate if everyone would keep my father, mother, and my family in your thoughts and prayers in the coming days as we need all the help we can get. Sorry for the long post, but I appreciate the FEP members and family here that help us all get thru times like these.

Thanks Everyone!

Trey
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

I can relate Trey, I lost my dad August 26th after a long battle with cancer. He was almost 87, a tough old bird for sure. I hope you have other family there helping, I didn't so it was tough. Sending you and your family prayers.

Brant

I also can relate have been thru same type of situation with both Mom and Dad. Not easy! Hang tough, keep the faith. Prayers are on the way for you and family. God bless.

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

So sad, will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Sorry to hear this Trey. We will be keeping your father, mother, and your family and you in our thoughts and prayers.
    MCA #110307
    "Saved" 25k mi 83 GT - http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ght=Wrecked+GT
    83 GT T Top
    83 GT Convt
    84 20th Anniversary T Top GT350 SOLD 11/17
    84 GT Convt SOLD 08/18

One day at a time my friend. Prayers sent. Hope things improve.
    Mark
    84 Cougar, 90 HO with 700DP, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1.7 RRs, shorty's and SS exh, T-5, KC clutch, Hurst pro billet, line loc, 8.8, 4.10s, suspension mods....blah, blah,blah.

71 Comet, 289, Liberty TL, 9", 6.00s, 11.9x @ 112.... blah, blah, blah.

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

FEP Member

Praying for you and your family.

We will keep your father and family in our prayers.

Prayers with you and your family. I lost my dad in Dec 2015, but I watched a strong, proud man deteriorate for over 2 years before that. My dad was a boxer, a Vietnam vet and a huge car guy. It was rough to see him that way and I know how stressful it can be to care for them.
    1984.5 GT 5.0 5 Speed ANALOG
    BBK Long Tubes/H pipe/FM
    Edelbrock Intake/Holley 600
    8.8 w/FMS 3.73s
    Steeda Shifter

2010 GT 5 Speed DIGITAL
    Track Pack
    Pypes Violator axle back
    Airaid Cold Air

Thanks to everyone for the thoughts and prayers.

My Father is a Vietnam Vet Fighter Pilot. He flew the F100 in Vietnam, the F4, A7, T37, T38, and ultimately the F16. He was a tough love kind of guy that didn't allow me to stray much from his rules and the straight and narrow when growing up. Thankfully that helped mold me into the Son, Brother, Husband, Father, and Man I am today. I can never thank him or my Mother enough.

We have watched him deteriorate over the last 4 years and have on several occasions been told to prepare for the worse as he won't last much longer only to have him prove the doctors wrong. I think at times that keeps him going as much as anything. I hope and pray that he recovers from this, but I also hope and pray that his and my Mother's quality of life improves too. If this is his time, I understand and know that ultimately he will be in a better place and no longer suffering the way he has been for so many years.

Thanks once again to everyone for the prayers and thoughts and allow me an outlet for my fears, frustrations, etc.

Trey
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

All the very best and thoughts and prayers for your Dad, Mom, your family and you, Trey.
    Mike
    1986 Mustang convertible ---> BUILD THREAD
    Past Fox-chassis "four eyes":
    1983 Mercury Cougar LS
    1986 Ford Thunderbird ELAN
    1980 Capri RS Turbo

Work in progress website ---> http://carb-rebuilds-plus.boards.net/

Thoughts and prayers to you and the family. Also a thank you to your father for his service.

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

Positive thoughts and prayers heading your way.

Your dad sounds like a tough cookie and is fighting a tough fight.

Thank Him for me for his service!

Mark
    1 of 3 1985 Silver Grand Prix Capr's
    My first New car and still own 1986 Capri

Prayers on the way brother
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Sending prayers friend.

So sad. I will say a prayer for sure.
    Shawn

Currently in the stable:
    83 Capri RS Crimson Cat
    90 7 UP Mustang
    87 Mustang GT
    83 Porsche 928S
    69 Thunderbird Landau
    65 Cadillac Calais 4DR Hardtop
    02 Thunderbird

FEP Supporter

Sending prayers for you and your family and hoping for all the best.
    '85 GT

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Just lost my Mom in 2016. She lived with me and we were very close. She was in the hospital for four months. I went to see her everyday after work. I can relate to your Mom not wanting to leave him as I regret not staying with my Mom her last night. Still bugs me to this day.

Man buddy, im sorry to hear this, mine and my family thoughts and prayers for sure, im not by any means local if you need any help in the home front let me know. GJ isnt horribly far. But if there is anything i can do let me know i will do what i can!!

Lost my Car Guy Dad in a crazy unexpected car accident on the way home from Easter dinner. So I can't relate to your experience but I do know the stress and worry involved for sure. Hoping you and your family stay strong in this difficult time.

Sorry to hear that Trey...our toughts and prayers for u and your family....stay strong brother!!

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk
    82 Capri BM, 84 Mustang Gt, 88 T-Bird TC, 93 Mustang

Trey - sorry to hear your dad, you, and your family are going through this difficult time. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I was very close to my grand parents as a kid growing up. I was 1/2 block from my mom's parents and 1 1/2 blocks from my dad's. My grandpa on my dad's side and I became very close. I watched him slide downhill for a total of 5 years with complications due to emphysema and chronic bronchitis before he passed due to inoperable (due to this breathing problems) gall stones.

I have a lot of empathy for what you are going through. I spent a great deal of time helping him finish the work he felt was undone and later helping my grandma complete the work he had been ignoring. I treasure my memories of that time spent now even though the entire place they had is gone and so are my grandparents on both sides.

I will I'll never forget the advise my grandpa gave me as the very last words he spoke to me shortly before he died. "Don't drive over 100". It is now almost comical coming from a 79 year old man on what would be his death bed - but it is also sound advise. Many close calls and near disasters later came while slowing down from not following his advise along with a few monster warnings and a monster ticket too.

I also had a cousin that early in my life was very close, like the great big brother ever only more-so. When I was 20 we lost him due to a car crash thanksgiving morning. Nothing could ever prepare anyone for that but faith eventually got me to where I'm able to talk and write about it.

Through the cycle of preparation you are each experiencing may your dad, you, and your family find both happiness and joy. Know that you are each exactly where god intends you to be. These things together with prayers and faith bring peace to all of us that surpasses all understanding and carry each of you forward every day of your life.

May god bless each of you and all those of faith who read this.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast