Close

Default 95 Cobra R $30k worth it?

I've never been fond of the SN95's, but I came across this one with 2700 mi. I suppose a modern GT would smoke it in every way, but they only made 250 of these. For a collector who has everything else (not me), is this the low in the market for these?

https://m.ebay.com/itm/1995-Ford-Mus...-/232517801741

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Present: '84.5 Mustang GT T-top, '06 Mazdaspeed6
    Past: '79 5.0 Capri, '86 Buick GN, '90 Mustang GT, '92 SHO, '95 SHO
    Browse cover pages of my Fox Chassis related library

Blog Entries

Mecum actually has one with 1900 miles on it, slated to go under the hammer in January. Estimate is 35K to 45K. 30K seems about right, as long as it is completely unmolested. I think value will go up, especially if Mecum's goes to the high estimate, but it will probably not be a really high dollar car for another 20+ years. It's like the new Dodge Demon - more people are buying them to collect than to run, so they are not really a rare rare car.
    1983 Mustang G.T. No-option stripper- I like strippers.
    5.0, GT40P heads, Comp Cams XE270HR-12 on 1.6 rockers, TFI spring kit, Weiand 174 blower, Holley 750 mechanical secondarys, Mishimoto radiator, Edelbrock street performer mechanical pump, BBK shortys, T-5 conversion, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, carbon fiber clutches, SS Machine lowers, Maximum Motorsport XL subframes, "B" springs.

As someone who owns an SN95 Cobra.. I'd buy that in an instant if I had funds. That's a great car and not just anyone can say they own an "R" model.
    1984.5 G.T.350 had since 16y/o
    95 Cobra, Crystal White

There's also a 955 mi car for $32k on eBay. Says plastic still on seats. So I guess these would be more desirable if most of them had been raced and abused?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Present: '84.5 Mustang GT T-top, '06 Mazdaspeed6
    Past: '79 5.0 Capri, '86 Buick GN, '90 Mustang GT, '92 SHO, '95 SHO
    Browse cover pages of my Fox Chassis related library

With inflation think of the haircut the owners are taking. Ouch!

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

$30K is a reasonable price for a '95 R. They don't often come up for sale, but when they do, they are normally $40K-plus.

FEP Supporter

Will that roll bar change the value? I'm pretty sure they didn't come with one.
    '85 GT

They were all sold in 5 days, with 35 to 38k sticker std, and you had to have a racing licence to buy.

Not now. 15 K of that inflated price was gas guzzler tax....

For the time, it was a Road Runner or Torino GT practically rubber mats an vinal package car.....just an engine and delete option car, but with, gasp!, a really good handling package.

It was simply the most special stripped special ever in regard to other performance cars for 1995.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cult...the-racetrack/

It was the culmination of seven years of Jack Roush 351W skunk works calibration and GT40 H/C/I matching.

Proof?

and this Car 1991 article on Hatchet Jac Nasser

That engine was supposed to be the 25th Anni MustFang Donk, but instead, the Aussies got the first look at it six months after it hit Australia in Feb 1991...in a Jack Roush prepared Ford Falcon 351 EA26.

Page 36 did it all for me,

finally, a Factory 351 W that out Riffled the 351C 4V HO engine

Ford USA was SO scared of this hairy monster, even at only 13.8 for the quarter, it had the suds and Cleveland style mid range without the violence and roughness, and yet it was rougher than the Cammers, with a really strange lack of elastic 5500 to 6200+ rpm top end like the 32 Valvers have.