Close

Default Lower Fender Spats. I'm in a jam!

Does anyone know for sure if the lower fender spats on a LX are the same as the GT bumper cover? My car is at the paint shop and (long story) I don't have the lower fender spats for my 85/86 GT front cover.

Does anyone know of a source to find these? They seem impossible. Guy on ebay wants $100 for two broken and heavily damaged ones.

im pretty shure they are the only diffrences would be up front with the gt having fog lamps and the lx not but the sides should be the same for 85 -86.
    and yeah thats what they pretty much cost on e bay.

84.5 with Foglights and all 85,86 models are the same

FEP Power Member

I put a GT bumper cover on an 86 LX. Nothing was needed except the fog light bar and bolts.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

Thanks for the info guys. I went on a nation wide man hunt for these things. I messaged CL sellers across the country last night. Hopefully something turns up.

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Just1986 View Post
    Thanks for the info guys. I went on a nation wide man hunt for these things. I messaged CL sellers across the country last night. Hopefully something turns up.
    Did you put up a parts wanted ad on this forum? I'm sure someone could help you out!
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!

If you are on FB there is a guy who has a set along with side moldings minus the doors for 100 bucks.
    [h=Jt Painterto Fox Body Addicts]5[/h]
    Current rides:
    89 LX 5.0, 5 -spd..the Lemon
    86 RS Capri 5.0 Auto...
    86 LX Colorado SSP 5.0 5-spd (Sadly Sold)
    85.5 SVO, Finally Got Boost
    83 RS Capri 5.0, 5-spd (another sadly sold)

I couldn't post a wanted ad because I don't have enough posts.

I got rid of my FB but I can go on my wife's and try to find that guy on FBA's. I'm getting a lot of 87+'s, broken ones, 2 left sides, etc....

[h=Jt Painter]5[/h]2 hrs

85-86 lx side
    $100
    Acworth, GA

85-86 lx side moldings and extensions not perfect $100 OBO picked up in Acworth ga

Current rides:
    89 LX 5.0, 5 -spd..the Lemon
    86 RS Capri 5.0 Auto...
    86 LX Colorado SSP 5.0 5-spd (Sadly Sold)
    85.5 SVO, Finally Got Boost
    83 RS Capri 5.0, 5-spd (another sadly sold)

I totally understand you are simply trying to help a fellow forum member in need of parts. That is pretty cool you would spend the time to post that up just to help him. But to me, that black one also look heavily damaged or crushed and then he says "not perfect" whatever that means. I would want more pictures of them from different angles. It could just be the angle of the pictures.
    Good Luck. I was lucky to find a set not long ago that were nearly perfect with a bumper AND fog light bar AND fog light harness

I appreciate any lead right now. I've talked to many people about these over the last few days. Everyone's either got a bucket full of 87+ or two lefts or severely damaged or won't ship or whatever. These are going to be covered up as the car is getting a 9" Motorcity front valance for the front cover. After you posted the FB lead I reactivated my FB account and messaged the guy. He want's $100 for all of it and I asked for him to split it up as I don't need the moldings. He wants to keep it together. If I get desperate enough I will have to bite and make it work. The car is sitting in the paint shop and within a week or two he needs those pieces to proceed.

Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    that black one also look heavily damaged or crushed and then he says "not perfect" whatever that means.

I can't say i'm seeing that it's crushed. What makes you say that?

Crap i might have some and they wont let me post on here and im on my phone, i dont know if they are right?

I can't say i'm seeing that it's crushed. What makes you say that?
    Hmm...it looks heavily crushed and also like theres a hole and a crack right on top of it. Maybe I need glasses? I didn't say don't even check on them or that I know for a fact it is damaged, just that I would request more pictures before you send him money and get the stuff and are disappointed is all. Can't hurt.

I'd be willing to buy the moldings from you if you go the spats+molding route. I need a set for my 85 Saleen build.

Not sure why the guy won't split them up as he could double his money, but so be it. PM me on details.
    -- James

Favorite thing I’ve said that’s been requoted: “"40 year old beercan on wheels with too much motor"

My four eyed foxes:
    "Trigger" - 86 Mustang GT - Black with red interior. 5.0 T5 built as Z. Original motor ~1/2 million miles. 18 yr daily, 10 a toy
    "Silver" - 85 Mustang Saleen 1985-006? (Lol) Rare 1E silver GT / charcoal interior. The car is a little bit of a mystery. Current project bought as a roller, tons of Saleen / Racecraft pedigree

Also in the stable - my son’s car. 1986 Mustang GT Convertible. Black/Black/Black conversion. 93 leather. VM1 ECU. T5Z

past foxes -
    1989 Mustang LX Sport 5.0 AOD white/tan black top. Once I ran this one down I caught a wife.
    Wife also had a 1987 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe in the 90's.

I'm a four eyed pride supporter, are you? Become one today!
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/payments.php

I couldn't post a wanted ad because I don't have enough posts.
    Not true. Nowhere in the rules for the 'Parts - Wanted' sub-forum does it say anything about a minimum post count and in the description of that sub-forum it says "NO MINIMUM POST COUNT REQUIRED." ...

Parts - Wanted (NO TRADES)

Read guidelines before posting.
    Looking for parts, literature, accessories? Post your needs in here.
    NO MINIMUM POST COUNT REQUIRED.
    Ads deleted after 120 days.
    The ONLY classified sub-forum that has a required minimum for posting is 'Parts - For Sale & Trade'.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 10-13-2017 at 08:43 AM.

I didn't see a sub forum for "Parts Wanted." I looked and couldn't understand why there wasn't much mention anywhere of PArts Wanted but I just assumed it was in the For sale section which I couldn't post in due to low post count.

EDIT: I just went and looked and the two forums marked "PARTS WANTED" And "FREE PARTS" weren't visible to me when I posted this. Now I can see them perfectly clear. Very weird.
    Last edited by Just1986; 10-13-2017 at 09:19 AM.