Close

FEP Power Member

Default Dead 84.5 GT at PIP

Name:  IMG_3088.JPG
Views: 113
Size:  55.5 KB

I found a fairly decent car at the local PIP. It was pretty much intact when it arrived 2 days before I got to it. It could have been restored with a couple of fenders, hood, door and trunk lid. No rust just hit from the top. Original floor mats in the trunk, trashed. Hard to say if it came in wth all that damage. Anyway, in CA once they hit the junk yard there is no coming back unnless it probably goes out of state. That pretty much never happens I guess.

Somene scored the t5 trans, broke up the console, radio, valve covers and carb.

VIN 1fabp27m1ef236594
    from the yard licsting in San Jose, CA, had abut 89000 miles

I got a picture of the door tag but the buck tag was folded over.

From what I saw.
    84.5 GT with fog lights
    5.0 and manual Texans.
    Black exterior, black top
    Gray interior
    A/C
    Charcol cloth sport seats (kind of a tweed strip), halo
    Power Windows
    No powner locks
    Remote fuel door release
    No trunk release
    Quad shocks
    Steel wheels, no signs of hub caps or their wheels.
    Speakers in the inside quarter panels, hidden under the carpet

I scored a lot of small parts. I was hoping for a trunk lid. My wife was all for hitting the PIP and she had a pretty good time. Granted the yard condition and the weather were excellent. I will post up some pictures later. I could not find a place to log the can in a database here. I'm sure I'm just overlooking it
    Last edited by KevinK; 10-16-2017 at 10:50 AM.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

I do database Foxes found on row52.com. They are here: http://foxchassis.com/vins/Row52.xlsx Last update to that file shows May 24, 2017 but I have updated it since then, I just have not uploaded the file yet. I probably don't have this car in there yet as I haven't gone through the site for the past few weeks. Unfortunately row52 only posts one pic of the car, and it's not of the door tag or buck tag, so if you have a pic of either or both please post it/them. Thanks.

I do not yet have a way of updating or searching the database online.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags