Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dont sell it

Default Dont sell it

I am totally regretting selling my pace car. I always wanted one and I found a good one and 2 years later let it go. If you have one try whatever you can to keep it.

I agree. I bought my PC in the fall of 89 after graduating HS. It was a ragged out POS, but I slowly did what I could back then to drive it and improve it.

When life got in the way, it sat for ~12 years in storage (started / drove it once or twice a year to keep the seals lubed).

If I ever have to sell off my 4-eye cars, this one would be the one that I keep.

Best of luck finding your next one
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Yep you are right. I really had a blast meeting and interacting with people from this site. My next purchase will be a Saleen foureyed car. Maybe some day

Heck it took me almost 2 years to find a Pace Car that was a good base point for the build I wanted to do. The ones I found were either too far gone, way over priced or too nice to tear into. On the west coast a pace car is few and far between.

I have had my SVO since 06' and I am sure my Pace Car will be in that same boat of not going anywhere.
    1986 SVO 1E (IRS'd and too much $$ spent making it turn, stop, and go)
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...esto-Mod-Build

1979 Pace Car #2179 (Gathering parts for GT500 5.8, T56, and t-top swap)
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...84#post1944184

I had a pace car in HS and sold it for a new 1988 gt. I tried to buy it back 6 months later and the guy totaled it. 10 years ago I found one in Canada with 30k miles and all original. Send me a pic of yours.

^^^^ very nice looking pace car! And a fellow New England-er too
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Blog Entries

Whereabouts in Vermont are you?
    1983 Mustang G.T. No-option stripper- I like strippers.
    5.0, GT40P heads, Comp Cams XE270HR-12 on 1.6 rockers, TFI spring kit, Weiand 174 blower, Holley 750 mechanical secondarys, Mishimoto radiator, Edelbrock street performer mechanical pump, BBK shortys, T-5 conversion, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, carbon fiber clutches, SS Machine lowers, Maximum Motorsport XL subframes, "B" springs.

I am in southern vermont...Bennington. where are you?

Blog Entries

I'm in Raymond, NH, but my wife has family in Bradford VT, and I have a good number of family in White River Junction.
    1983 Mustang G.T. No-option stripper- I like strippers.
    5.0, GT40P heads, Comp Cams XE270HR-12 on 1.6 rockers, TFI spring kit, Weiand 174 blower, Holley 750 mechanical secondarys, Mishimoto radiator, Edelbrock street performer mechanical pump, BBK shortys, T-5 conversion, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, carbon fiber clutches, SS Machine lowers, Maximum Motorsport XL subframes, "B" springs.

Mine started out as a non-running shell, that had sat for 17-ish years. It had no interior and the tires were so dry-rotted that you could see the air in them. After I bought it, it sat in my garage for a year and a half before I started working on it. The engine that's in it, is the original carbed 4-cyl turbo. It appeared to have been rebuilt and after going though the usual troubleshooting, I found that the timing belt was about 8 teeth off and the distributor was 180 out. I finally got everything lined back up and it fired up like a champ.
    About an hour after getting it running, I drove it a couple of laps around the neighborhood (hoping the tires would stay inflated), then parked it back in the garage. I put it on jackstands and tore everything out from under it. It now has the 8.8 out of a 96 Cobra, and was rebuilt with 31-spline axles and 3.73 gears. The BBK Grip arms hold everything in. The front was done with 95 model spindles, so I could use the big Cobra brakes all the way around. I swapped in a 93 Cobra master cylinder, and all new brake lines from front to rear. All new shocks/struts and bushings. The steering rack is from a 03 Cobra with a steering shaft from Maximum Motorsports. Capped all of it off with the SVE Series 3 wheels. Looking very forward to adding a full MM suspension under it, including the K-member and torque arm.
    I had to replace the drivers rear floorboard, and put in the SSP bracing, just for extra support. New carpet and seats from Braum Racing.
    Next up is the roof skin, because it has the dreaded rust around the sunroof. After that, I get to finish the rest of the bodywork and repaint it so I can put all of the stripes back on it. Can't wait to get it all finished and see what I've got !! Definitely a fun car to play with now, as it is. Since playing with it, it ate the factory slider cam, so I replaced it with a Ranger roller and added an electric fan. Didn't do a lot for performance, but it still thinks it's a little go cart! Name:  67.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  112.6 KB

May seem small, but this is one of the coolest parts of my car to me,, I love thisName:  50.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  70.3 KB

^^^ Nice Pace Car, love the windshield banner!
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Thanks ! I had the banner made because until I can paint the rest of the car, it was looking pretty drab. It was a lot of grey and black. At the time, the only color was the brake calipers. I wanted more color on it, to make it stand out, so that's what I came up withName:  71.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  26.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by PACMKR View Post
    Mine started out as a non-running shell, that had sat for 17-ish years. It had no interior and the tires were so dry-rotted that you could see the air in them. After I bought it, it sat in my garage for a year and a half before I started working on it. The engine that's in it, is the original carbed 4-cyl turbo. It appeared to have been rebuilt and after going though the usual troubleshooting, I found that the timing belt was about 8 teeth off and the distributor was 180 out. I finally got everything lined back up and it fired up like a champ.
    About an hour after getting it running, I drove it a couple of laps around the neighborhood (hoping the tires would stay inflated), then parked it back in the garage. I put it on jackstands and tore everything out from under it. It now has the 8.8 out of a 96 Cobra, and was rebuilt with 31-spline axles and 3.73 gears. The BBK Grip arms hold everything in. The front was done with 95 model spindles, so I could use the big Cobra brakes all the way around. I swapped in a 93 Cobra master cylinder, and all new brake lines from front to rear. All new shocks/struts and bushings. The steering rack is from a 03 Cobra with a steering shaft from Maximum Motorsports. Capped all of it off with the SVE Series 3 wheels. Looking very forward to adding a full MM suspension under it, including the K-member and torque arm.
    I had to replace the drivers rear floorboard, and put in the SSP bracing, just for extra support. New carpet and seats from Braum Racing.
    Next up is the roof skin, because it has the dreaded rust around the sunroof. After that, I get to finish the rest of the bodywork and repaint it so I can put all of the stripes back on it. Can't wait to get it all finished and see what I've got !! Definitely a fun car to play with now, as it is. Since playing with it, it ate the factory slider cam, so I replaced it with a Ranger roller and added an electric fan. Didn't do a lot for performance, but it still thinks it's a little go cart! Name:  67.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  112.6 KB
    Love the look of your car, I would keep the stripes off. Just different enough.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Thanks Brian !! I really appreciate it. Once I replace the roof skin and repaint the car, who knows,, I might put the stripes back on, or I might not. I had even thought of having stripes made for it and having them made in a 2-tone blue instead of red/orange,, just to be different. Thoughts ?

Quote Originally Posted by PACMKR View Post
    Thanks Brian !! I really appreciate it. Once I replace the roof skin and repaint the car, who knows,, I might put the stripes back on, or I might not. I had even thought of having stripes made for it and having them made in a 2-tone blue instead of red/orange,, just to be different. Thoughts ?
    Buy a Revels model and paint it like a pace car and then play with stripe combos all you like. It's better than a rendering because you can see it at any angle and any lite. But I like the idea of a different stripe color scheme.

That's a great idea ! I actually hadn't thought of that,, was just trying to picture it in my head

I did, however, make a half-hearted attempt a few months ago to mock up stripes on one side. I used blue striping tape and blue masking tape. Hahaha,, that's how I got the idea for the 2-tone blue.
    Still torn between the correct stripes or stepping out of the box,, don't want to end up looking like the French's Mustard Pace Car at SEMA

I don't think you could screw up that bad. I know a show car is about the wow or make you talk thing.... which his exactly what it did.

I agree,, I said earlier that Tom Clark's car was my inspiration, and I love his car,, but I want mine to be able to stand on its own. I want that wow factor, but I also don't want to stray too far from the original. Hope that made sense.

Ok I’m back. Well sort of. It’s not a four eye but at least it’s a foxbody. 92 GT with a built 302 and a 5 speed. It’s a project but that’s the kind I like. Something to spend my time and all of my money on.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by boogiestang View Post
    Ok I’m back. Well sort of. It’s not a four eye but at least it’s a foxbody. 92 GT with a built 302 and a 5 speed. It’s a project but that’s the kind I like. Something to spend my time and all of my money on.
    Great to see you back in a foxbody! Good looking car.
    88 Turbo Coupe auto
    88 Turbo Coupe 5spd
    79 Fairmont Futura 4.6
    79 Capri RS - 2.3/5spd restomod
    80 Capri 5.0/5spd project
    79 Zephyr Z7 factory 5.0 sunroof
    79 Pace Car 5.0/5spd project
    85 LTD LX factory 5spd?(not documented)
    86 GT conv 5.0/5spd
    79 Pace Car 2.3/4spd - needs new home

Congrats - nice looking Aero. You should post up more pics when you have a chance.
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Fearnot do you have a hazard/defrost plug in harness that goes into the switch for a 92GT dash? This car I bought is a wiring nightmare to say the least.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast