Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Midwest Fox Fest or name to be determined

Ladies and Gentlemen,
    A few of us here in Omaha have kicked around the idea of creating a Fox only show, similar to Foxtoberfest out in N.C. and we are going to pull the trigger and see what happens. As of right now, we are looking at the first show on Saturday September 29th 2018 with a rain date of Saturday October 6th 2018.

While this is definitely in its infancy stage at this point in time, I thought I would post it here to gauge interest, get ideas and create general conversation about the ins and outs of what we are planning. None of us are event planners, so we are definitely open to listening. We fully expect this to be a learning curve and hard to say what the beginning show does for attendance, but we are hoping that over time this will grow into a premier show and be something us Fox fans across the U.S. will look forward to every year.

Why Omaha, NE for a show like this one might ask? We thought about this in a couple ways.

#1) We have nothing to this effect here. We know there are tons of Fox cars in the area, just no one ever seems to want to get them out and put them in the shows. Why? The general consensus is that the Fox crowd had been unwelcomed by the other generational crowds during these shows. Over time, it just became easier to avoid the shows than it was to rally together and have a strong showing every time. Over the past couple of years, I have spent a ton of time getting my car out to shows, talking with people and doing my best to promote the 4 eye crowd, but it has slowly promoted the Fox crowd as a whole here locally. While I'm not the only reason for this sudden interest in the Fox cars here, I have been told that since I have been showing mine, other people have been getting back to theirs and out to get togethers. This past show was an indication as there were more 4 eyes and Foxes in general then there have been in a long time. We feel the tide is beginning to turn due to the promotion of the Fox lately.

2) Logistics. Being almost smack in the middle of the country, we feel we have a good chance of getting cars from every direction that would just not be possible being anywhere else. It's just way to far for most guys on one coast to attend a show on the other coast. That's where we hope to make this work and early indications look promising. Not only are we seeing huge interest locally, we are seeing considerable interest from each coast, the south and even our neighbors up north. We all know interest does not always equal numbers or participation, but we are hopeful.

Again, this is in its beginning stages so we have not figured out the fine details yet. Cost, show set up, judging vs non and so forth. As we get the planning further along, I will be posting updates and information here for the folks that are not on Facebook. Any and all interest, comments, questions and suggestions can be posted here.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Love it! I was literally thinking of the same thing and calling in Midwest Foxfest! While I am in Indy and would prefer something closer, I wouldn't be against Omaha, or Chicago/Springfield/Peoria, IL...or of course Indianapolis

I'm driving 9 hours for Foxtoberfest so I wouldn't be against 9 hours to Omaha if you can pull it off. I will try my best to be at the inaugural event, because as they say...If You Build It, They Will Come! Just ask FMR and SEFB crew...that is how Foxtoberfest grew to what it is in just 5-6 years
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

I believe we have an awesome shot at pulling it off, as we already have a venue available for the first show. Luckily the owner is a fox fan and will be part of this.

Hopefully the fact that we are not trying to throw something together quickly and giving ourselves almost a year to work out the details, will make this an enjoyable experience for everyone.

I know I'm excited to make it out to Foxtoberfest this year, even if it is a 1,200 mile/17 hour ride, and meeting people from here that would be otherwise impossible if I didn't go. That's what I hope the feeling is for our show next year. Bring people in from each side and corner of the U.S. and hopefully everyone can meet guys that would be otherwise impossible if the location was not dang near central.
    Brock

Brock, great idea!! Even though it is not close to being in my back yard, I am all for it and would be glad to offer help and advice.

Let me just say there is a TON of stuff you have to decide, plan, and implement. Details, details, details. Which means it is a big deal, which will absolutely consume you (assuming "you" is just a couple people). "You" really need a group of people working on it (which I was fortunate to have.... 30 people helped in some way).

I would be glad to offer thoughts and advice, if you are interested. Probably my advice would be best offered via email. PM me if you would like.
    Bob in Lebanon, TN
    79 original owner six cylinder coupe
    MCA Gold Card judge for 3rd Generation cars

Quote Originally Posted by roush235 View Post
    Brock, great idea!! Even though it is not close to being in my back yard, I am all for it and would be glad to offer help and advice.

Let me just say there is a TON of stuff you have to decide, plan, and implement. Details, details, details. Which means it is a big deal, which will absolutely consume you (assuming "you" is just a couple people). "You" really need a group of people working on it (which I was fortunate to have.... 30 people helped in some way).

I would be glad to offer thoughts and advice, if you are interested. Probably my advice would be best offered via email. PM me if you would like.
    Bob, Any ideas and or advice will really be appreciated...especially since we are newbies to this. This is the help I appreciate, as I know this will not be an easy feat, and it will be awesome to have some insight from someone that has been in and around the game for some time.

Right now there are 4 of us in the planning stage, with potentially more available if needed. We decided to keep the initial group planning small and recruit more as needed just to avoid the rapid onset of the "too many chiefs" syndrome. We should have plenty of people that will be willing to volunteer for other duties as time gets closer. In just 2 days, this thing has already exploded and we are trying our best to wrap our heads around it and keep it under control. Who knew what started out as a couple guys BS'ing, it would turn into a frenzy so quick.

I will for sure PM you my email and we can go from there. Thanks Bob!
    Last edited by 84StangSVT; 10-04-2017 at 01:23 PM.
    Brock

Brock and all those involved, I say great idea and wish you all the best of luck!

Hopefully I can have one of my Foxes road ready and actually be around to make the trip across the Rockies! I can't say that Omaha is on the top of my Want to Visit list, . . . . . . .
    But for an all Fox Car show I will definitely put it on the calendar!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

I like this idea and Omaha is a great place to have it. Hope it happens.

I think it is a GREAT idea Brock - let me know if you need help. I suggest setting up webex or gotomeetings with those doing the planning as it is a very easy way to all connect and discuss. i also suggest a spot on the forum for Q&A about the event as the dates get closer and the venue related things get nailed down.

what we find with a lot of people who are less than excited about the idea of visiting Omaha is that many who feel this way simply have never been to Omaha. It is a big metropolitan area and has a lot to offer all.

Another great time to come to Omaha and experience it is during the annual college World Series that has been hosted by Omaha for over 50 years.

Would be cool to do a restoration corner at the show. Start with a rusty four eyed fox and have an area shop do a booth where they cut into it and make the repairs right in front of the crowd in attendance.

Just FYI I have no issues with Omaha and was just being my normal sarcastic self.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

I figured Trey!

But I said something anyway as others may not have realized. Also, I like to get people to consider stuff a bit more before rushing to an opinion.

How many know that Omaha has one of the most over the top exceptional zoos in the world? And while many zoos have been downsizing and cutting back Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo has been vastly growing and thriving. It is a great vacation destination with the kids or grandkids or just for fun! https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henr...o_and_Aquarium

Heck - get here early or stay late and check the place out and decide for yourself.

Other great destinations are The Old Market, the Saac museum, the western heritage museum, Joslyn art museum, or the Upstream Brewery and restaurant or Sushi Blue. I travel a lot and I can think of a lot of places that are a lot less fun than Omaha as a destination.
    Last edited by erratic50; 10-05-2017 at 09:37 PM.
    -- James

Favorite thing I’ve said that’s been requoted: “"40 year old beercan on wheels with too much motor"

My four eyed foxes:
    "Trigger" - 86 Mustang GT - Black with red interior. 5.0 T5 built as Z. Original motor ~1/2 million miles. 18 yr daily, 10 a toy
    "Silver" - 85 Mustang Saleen 1985-006? (Lol) Rare 1E silver GT / charcoal interior. The car is a little bit of a mystery. Current project bought as a roller, tons of Saleen / Racecraft pedigree

Also in the stable - my son’s car. 1986 Mustang GT Convertible. Black/Black/Black conversion. 93 leather. VM1 ECU. T5Z

past foxes -
    1989 Mustang LX Sport 5.0 AOD white/tan black top. Once I ran this one down I caught a wife.
    Wife also had a 1987 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe in the 90's.

I'm a four eyed pride supporter, are you? Become one today!
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/payments.php

Dang, Omaha wouldn't be too bad of a drive for me. Now, if my damned car would just behave long enough for me to trust it on a long drive...
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Great Idea! Will put it on the calendar to be there!
    Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

Looks like another must attend. I really need to crack the whip on my "Saleen" project car!!

I will definitely keep everyone up to date as we progress.

We did clear one major hurdle earlier and I think that is a huge step. The question was "to allow motor swapped cars or not". We all know to what that is pointing to. We put it out for a 12 hour discussion and listened to both sides of the spectrum.
    Ultimately after discussion, it was decided that this would be FORD powered only. We did this simply for the fact that we want to keep this ordeal non-toxic. While most of the leaders agree that it doesn't matter to us, as it's their car not ours, we know mixing it up with swap and non swap cars is about as smart as putting people from different political sides in a WWE cage until they can agree.
    It will likely not happen and the thing will become so toxic that it defeats the goal at hand. There's enough drama in the world, a car show should be a welcome retreat for it.

We want to get back to a healthy car culture and we are hoping this is a great first step.
    Brock

Would a dart block base on ford 302 disqualify someone?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dtmilsap View Post
    Would a dart block base on ford 302 disqualify someone?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Ford motor or Ford configuration is just fine. Just no Chebby, Mopar, Nissan or other brand powered Fords.
    Last edited by 84StangSVT; 10-06-2017 at 11:57 AM.
    Brock

All Fox show would be great! I would love to attend such a show. And that is not a bad drive from St. Louis.

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

One thing I didn't clarify in the original post is that we want ALL Foxes to come.

If it's on a Fox chassis, we want it here. A T-Bird, Capri, Fairmont or Zephyr will make it better! Rust or no rust.....NO PROBLEM! 4,6,8 cylinders add to the diversity! Project, driver, restored, highly modified, street or strip......It is welcome and we encourage its presence.
    Brock

FEP Supporter

Brock,

The Western Canada Foxbody Facebook group a number of us may belong to had a meet back in September. They were quite adamant to call it a meet rather than a show. With being a somewhat sparsely populated area except the cities in Alberta the intent was to draw in as many people as they could. Their line of thinking was that when you call it a meet, there is no pressure on the guys with projects, DD's or trailered race cars to come and put their cars next to a 93 Cobra for example.

I went and it was great to meet a bunch of people. About a dozen of us drove the hour and a half from Calgary to Red Deer and at least that drove from Edmonton to there plus a bunch of others from other directions. They had it at a small industrial area at a small dyno shop and gave deals for those that wanted check their power (all those boosted aeros )

Very grass roots, very loosely organized but it worked. They had a small amount of swag they did a game at the end to guess the dyno numbers on a stock 87 LX 5.0 auto, high mileage, semi POS one of the guys at The Mustang Shop https://www.themustangshop.ca/ bought for a DD a while ago. (IIRC is was 172 HP)

Name:  IMG_1637.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  92.9 KBName:  IMG_1640.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  83.5 KBName:  IMG_1641.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  149.2 KB
    Last edited by 82GTforME; 10-07-2017 at 09:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!

I am good with anything that is closer to the West Coast, and it does does conflict with Sturgis Mustang week either.......so a win win in my book.
    1986 SVO 1E (IRS'd and too much $$ spent making it turn, stop, and go)
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...esto-Mod-Build

1979 Pace Car #2179 (Gathering parts for GT500 5.8, T56, and t-top swap)
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...84#post1944184

Calling it Midwest Fox Fest eliminates the concern over "show" or "meet". I agree....leave the pressure of being a show car out of it to encourage ANY Fox owner to want to attend. One of the things I love about Foxtoberfest is you will see everything from ultra low mile, all original show cars to rusty, primered projects...and in some cases right next to each other. And nobody cares one bit
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Sounds like a great idea. You should talk to those who organize Foxtoberfest (FoxResto and others) to get their input, lots of lessons learned over the years, I'm sure. Just remember, if you are one of the organizers, you'll be too busy during the event to look and visit very much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Present: '84.5 Mustang GT T-top, '06 Mazdaspeed6
    Past: '79 5.0 Capri, '86 Buick GN, '90 Mustang GT, '92 SHO, '95 SHO
    Browse cover pages of my Fox Chassis related library

It's official!!!!!!! 1st Annual Midwest Fox Fest 2018!

We are excited to bring this event to the area and hope to have an amazing turn out.

It will be held Saturday, September 29th 2018, with a rain date of Saturday, Oct 6th 2018 here in Omaha, NE.
    Gate registration starts @8 am and the show officially kicks off @10 am till 4 pm.
    This is a FREE event.....yes you read that right....FREE! Also the first 150 cars through the gates will receive a show goodie bag.

This is for all Foxbody cars to attend. The more diverse we can get the field, the better. Bring those Mustangs, Capris, T-Birds, Fairmonts and everything in between! Stock, Modified, 2 miles or 2 million miles, spot free or rusty and crusty.......we want them all!

To try and make things a bit smoother, we ask that you consider pre-registering so we can have an idea of how many cars we might be able to expect.
    Here is the link to pre-register. http://www.123formbuilder.com/form-3...istration-Form

We will have a live band performing throughout the show and may have other things added as we move forward.
    We thought long and hard about this.....but there will be 3 voters choice awards handed out. Instead of breaking down into classes, it will just be peer voting for their favorites. While far from ideal, please cut us some slack, being our first year at this and please don't come expecting to take home a shiny trophy. We all know how these voting things go. Come to be a part of a Foxbody family and have a great time!

Speaking of trophys, here's a sneak peak at the voters top choice trophy. Just the metal....not Greg's Ford Shop sign.

The other 2 are being made as I type this.

Again, We would like to see everyone out there and help make the Inaugural Fox Fest a success!
    Last edited by 84StangSVT; 02-09-2018 at 02:26 PM.
    Brock

Kudos to you and your friends for taking on this event.
    Bob in Lebanon, TN
    79 original owner six cylinder coupe
    MCA Gold Card judge for 3rd Generation cars

Very cool. But with a rain date I will not be able to make plans to attend.

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast