Close



Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 62
  1. #26

    Default

    Remember life is what happens while you make your plans. Plan for the original date, watch for updates on the weather as it gets close. The weather in omaha is usually decent that time of year, although there are no promises. It's snowed before then before in my life, but it usually waits until November.

  2. #27
    FEP Supporter webestang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, MO.
    Posts
    4,629

    Default

    Yeah, just have to wait and see how it goes. I'll start praying now for good weather.

    Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Rebuild Coming Soon.
    1996 Crown Vic LX 4.6 Silver "Gort" Daily Driver

    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

  3. #28

    Default

    We are fully intending on it being held on September 29th. That’s what we are planning on and telling everyone else to plan on also. Typically the weather is beautiful at that time and not usually rainy or ungodly hot or cold.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

    I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

  4. #29

    Default

    Just saw this, good idea. Although that does really put some pressure on to get the ol girl distance ready. But, being in the fall, I should be able to actually make it.the wife always has a reason to visit the big o. Family mostly, but the kids want to go back to the kids science museum and the rail road museum. Sac would be neat too. Count me in. Car or not

  5. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2nd chance cobra View Post
    Just saw this, good idea. Although that does really put some pressure on to get the ol girl distance ready. But, being in the fall, I should be able to actually make it.the wife always has a reason to visit the big o. Family mostly, but the kids want to go back to the kids science museum and the rail road museum. Sac would be neat too. Count me in. Car or not
    Itíll be awesome and hopefully you can get her done in time!

    I plan on attending the Goodguys Show in Des Moines June 29th-July 1st. Iíve also got a lot to do but Iím gonna shoot hard to make it.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

    I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

  6. #31
    FEP Super Member sowaxeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,378

    Default

    That's awesome Brock! I'd love to be there for the inaugural event, but I'll be in Charlotte both in August for Saleen Nationals and then again mid October for Foxtoberfest...that would be too much time off and too many road trips I hope you guys have a great turnout and it grows like Foxtoberfest has in 6 years!
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

    '82 GT Med. Red - 14k Mile Orig. Survivor
    '85 GT Black - 16k Mile Orig. Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2016 Best Original 79-86)
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '92 LX 5.0 Calypso - 10k Mile Orig. Survivor (Sold @ Foxtoberfest...2017 Best Original 87-93)
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,700 Mile Original Survivor
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey - 16k miles @ counting.

  7. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sowaxeman View Post
    That's awesome Brock! I'd love to be there for the inaugural event, but I'll be in Charlotte both in August for Saleen Nationals and then again mid October for Foxtoberfest...that would be too much time off and too many road trips I hope you guys have a great turnout and it grows like Foxtoberfest has in 6 years!
    Thanks Jason and I understand completely. Hopefully it becomes a can't miss event but who knows. Time shall tell.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

    I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

  8. #33

    Default

    Love the idea! Only 2 hours away for me, should have the 85.5 SVO ready and can bring the Dominator as well. It's on my calendar!
    Restorations - It's only money, they'll print more!!!!!

    2012 Boss 302 - My latest addition to the stable, WOOT!

    1985 Canyon Red GT "Dominator package" T-Tops . . Restored and repowered with a 347ci/332hp/383lbs tq

    1986 GT Conv. (Rare Black/Tan combo)

    1985.5 SVO (In progress!)

  9. #34

    Default

    I'm looking forward to going to this show. Just pulled it up on map quest, and it's less than six hours from me. I'll just have to skip the Jefferson county swap meet this year. Keep this thing posted so I do not forget!

  10. #35

    Default

    You welcomed advice and input so here is mine. Please take them in the spirit intended. Advice and input. That's all it is. I am sure you are going to pull it off and it's going to be great.

    I would consider revising that show flyer. You do have a phone number on there so that may be enough. The aesthetics are terrific but there are no details. Is there even judging or awards at all or is this a cruise in? It does not specifically say what cars are welcome. Is there a limit to the number of entries? You are assuming a lot of people to expect them to know what a "Fox" is. There is a reason the new windshield wipers you bought have a warning on the package that says "Do not attempt to replace while driving down the road"...it's because someone tried to. Can I bring a Chevy LS powered Granada? What about a 87 Lincoln 5.0 HO LSC? Can I bring a pop-up tent? A Lot of shows don't allow it because they blow over in the wind. Is there trailer parking?

    Everything else below depends on the answer to question 1, LOL.

    Don't let non-registered cars or even confused registration staff hold up traffic coming in. Everyone starts their day off already not liking your show and in bad moods if they have to sit there idling for 35 minutes just to get parked. It's unnecessary yet I see show staff do it all the time. PARK, PARK, PARK. MOVE MOVE MOVE! Every thing else can be worked out after they are parked and out of the way. There are several ways to handle it from there. Hand them a card with a number on it, or tell them to note the number on their parking spot and bring that to registration. Do not let anyone sit there and fill out an entry form while 35 year old cars behind them sit idling and overheating.

    Have enough access to restrooms and trash cans. Trash cans are important unless you and your staff has unlimited time to pick it up afterwards because that is how inconsiderate people are these days. If they can't spot a trash can, they leave it on the curb and go home.

    Don't get greedy with the number of entries just to get bigger or make more $$$ (I know that is not YOUR goal because it's free, just sayin'). If you don't have enough staff to judge them all by the time you say you will be having awards, you will have a frustrated mob on your hands. Call a local Corvette or Camaro or whatever club now and ask them to help judge. Agree to judge theirs this year or maybe give them a "special area" off to the side to show their cars and give them an award and a free burger or something so you have enough help. Everyone loves looking at nice cars. Make sure to add in enough time for judging "adjustments". Count on at least 30-45 minutes of additional time for finding cars not parked in the right spot because they moved or maybe were locked for some dumb reason, ties for special awards, re-judging certain cars. It happens. It ALWAYS happens. Judging sheet says it's supposed to be a 79 Pace Car and the judge is staring at a 93 Convertible Saleen because the guy pre-registered then changed his mind and brought a different car so it's classed wrong. Have the judges skip that car and immediately move on to others. Have a pre-appointed person on the ready to go find cars or owners of cars so judges aren't wandering around the lot asking strangers if they know the person.
    Last edited by homer302; 02-27-2018 at 05:22 PM.

  11. #36
    FEP Supporter webestang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, MO.
    Posts
    4,629

    Default

    Bump to keep on front page.

    Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Rebuild Coming Soon.
    1996 Crown Vic LX 4.6 Silver "Gort" Daily Driver

    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

  12. #37
    FEP Supporter webestang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, MO.
    Posts
    4,629

    Default

    I see a number of hotels there, any recommendations?

    Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Rebuild Coming Soon.
    1996 Crown Vic LX 4.6 Silver "Gort" Daily Driver

    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

  13. #38

    Default

    There are a large number of hotels around Omaha.

    Personally when I look at hotels I like to look at the area along with the age of the accommodations, what’s included, the price, where I need to go, etc.

    I haven’t stayed at these before but they are pretty new and look like a good option:

    Comfort Suites LaVista
    8121 Eastport Parkway La Vista Nebraska 68128
    402-505-7333

    Holiday Inn Express Stes - Millard Area
    13131 Ist, Omaha NE
    402-999-4800

    Tons of options to pick from of course.

  14. #39
    FEP Supporter webestang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, MO.
    Posts
    4,629

    Default

    Your right, there a bunch. I Googled the event place and there are indeed many to choose from.

    Link...
    https://www.google.com/maps/search/H...62!2d41.216236

    Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Rebuild Coming Soon.
    1996 Crown Vic LX 4.6 Silver "Gort" Daily Driver

    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

  15. #40

    Default

    There are a bunch of decent hotels right off of 72nd & L Street which would put everyone in close vicinity of the show.

    https://www.tripadvisor.com/HotelsNe..._Nebraska.html

    We are working on special pricing for the show, but we are also competing with Ralston Arena for their less than popular events. It seems we have only had just a handful of pre-registrations which has made things a bit harder.
    Last edited by 84StangSVT; 03-25-2018 at 06:06 PM.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

    I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

  16. #41

    Default

    I'm pretty sure that the registrations we have had have come off FB. I ask everyone that is here on not on FB, register for the show here and let me know if you did.

    Here is the link to pre-register. https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2...50Ex--hMz7U&e=
    Last edited by 84StangSVT; 03-25-2018 at 06:04 PM.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

    I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

  17. #42
    FEP Member BrentX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    St. Charles Illinois
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Just registered. Sounds like fun.

  18. #43

    Default

    I registered for one car. Planning on my 85 build if it’s done. My 1/2 million mile 86GT if it’s not. I would consider bringing both if my four eyed cars if there is room.

    Glidethunder registered his 86GT convertible also.

    If you are looking over the lists please confirm our registrations show up.

  19. #44
    FEP Supporter webestang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, MO.
    Posts
    4,629

    Default

    Registered for my 85....now hope it makes it there....LOL

    Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Rebuild Coming Soon.
    1996 Crown Vic LX 4.6 Silver "Gort" Daily Driver

    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

  20. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    You welcomed advice and input so here is mine. Please take them in the spirit intended. Advice and input. That's all it is. I am sure you are going to pull it off and it's going to be great.

    I would consider revising that show flyer. You do have a phone number on there so that may be enough. The aesthetics are terrific but there are no details. Is there even judging or awards at all or is this a cruise in? It does not specifically say what cars are welcome. Is there a limit to the number of entries? You are assuming a lot of people to expect them to know what a "Fox" is. There is a reason the new windshield wipers you bought have a warning on the package that says "Do not attempt to replace while driving down the road"...it's because someone tried to. Can I bring a Chevy LS powered Granada? What about a 87 Lincoln 5.0 HO LSC? Can I bring a pop-up tent? A Lot of shows don't allow it because they blow over in the wind. Is there trailer parking?

    Everything else below depends on the answer to question 1, LOL.

    Don't let non-registered cars or even confused registration staff hold up traffic coming in. Everyone starts their day off already not liking your show and in bad moods if they have to sit there idling for 35 minutes just to get parked. It's unnecessary yet I see show staff do it all the time. PARK, PARK, PARK. MOVE MOVE MOVE! Every thing else can be worked out after they are parked and out of the way. There are several ways to handle it from there. Hand them a card with a number on it, or tell them to note the number on their parking spot and bring that to registration. Do not let anyone sit there and fill out an entry form while 35 year old cars behind them sit idling and overheating.

    Have enough access to restrooms and trash cans. Trash cans are important unless you and your staff has unlimited time to pick it up afterwards because that is how inconsiderate people are these days. If they can't spot a trash can, they leave it on the curb and go home.

    Don't get greedy with the number of entries just to get bigger or make more $$$ (I know that is not YOUR goal because it's free, just sayin'). If you don't have enough staff to judge them all by the time you say you will be having awards, you will have a frustrated mob on your hands. Call a local Corvette or Camaro or whatever club now and ask them to help judge. Agree to judge theirs this year or maybe give them a "special area" off to the side to show their cars and give them an award and a free burger or something so you have enough help. Everyone loves looking at nice cars. Make sure to add in enough time for judging "adjustments". Count on at least 30-45 minutes of additional time for finding cars not parked in the right spot because they moved or maybe were locked for some dumb reason, ties for special awards, re-judging certain cars. It happens. It ALWAYS happens. Judging sheet says it's supposed to be a 79 Pace Car and the judge is staring at a 93 Convertible Saleen because the guy pre-registered then changed his mind and brought a different car so it's classed wrong. Have the judges skip that car and immediately move on to others. Have a pre-appointed person on the ready to go find cars or owners of cars so judges aren't wandering around the lot asking strangers if they know the person.
    All good comments and suggestions. They are appreciated.

    This show is predominantly promoted on social media, where the requirements of what is accepted and general rules are talked about. While it's not the best platform or way to do it, unfortunately it's the way of the times. I don't have a ton of time to work with it but the couple other guys do and they have been working fairly hard to make sure this thing rolls smooth.

    Since the area we are having the show puts on a couple other shows per year, the owner of the business is quite familiar and prepared for it. There will be plenty of trash cans restroom access. There should also be a fair amount of food and beverage options immediately available. I will double check that though.

    As for registration, I suggested we do like Foxtoberfest and send out pre-registration stickers to keep the line moving quickly. As for the day of show registrations, we will also get them parked and worry about the registration after the fact. Where this is a FREE show this year, there shouldn't be much of a wait at the gate as there will not be any change making to slow things down.

    Judging this year is simply Participant Choice. It's not the best way, but it's the easiest way. Maybe if this show is a hit, we can re-evaluate this at a later date.

    I know we still have a bunch of planning to do as we still need to figure out how we want to layout the area. We haven't decided if we are going to group cars by make, model, year or just have people file in and park where we put them.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

    I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

  21. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrentX1 View Post
    Just registered. Sounds like fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post
    I registered for one car. Planning on my 85 build if it’s done. My 1/2 million mile 86GT if it’s not. I would consider bringing both if my four eyed cars if there is room.

    Glidethunder registered his 86GT convertible also.

    If you are looking over the lists please confirm our registrations show up.
    Quote Originally Posted by webestang View Post
    Registered for my 85....now hope it makes it there....LOL
    Awesome! Hope to see everyone here.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

    I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

  22. #47
    FEP Senior Member 83GTJIM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Springfield MO
    Posts
    769

    Default

    Bump, to the top
    MCA #110307
    "Saved" 25k mi 83 GT - http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ght=Wrecked+GT
    83 GT T Top
    83 GT Convt
    84 20th Anniversary T Top GT350 SOLD 11/17
    84 GT Convt SOLD 08/18

  23. #48
    FEP Supporter 75coug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Van Alstyne, Texas
    Posts
    2,117

    Default

    Wow, what a great idea. Have a blast with it.
    Robert

    1986 ascMcLaren SC 5.0 -red
    1985 Capri GS (w/ 5.0) - red
    1985 Capri 5.0L - black
    1984 ascMcLaren SC 5.0 - white
    1984 Capri GS (w/ 5.0) - white
    1983 Capri RS Crimson Cat - red
    1982 Capri RS Black Magic - white
    1982 Cougar wagon

  24. #49

    Default

    We had our first Member/Volunteer meeting over the weekend and I believe we got a few things ironed out with the staff/volunteers. We are still working to better layout and improve our venue for this event.

    One thing that was impressive was the fact that even though it was a holiday weekend, school graduations in full force and the weather was knocking on 100f, we had 12 members (including myself) bring their cars out to the event. What was even more impressive is that we ironically split it down the seam with 6 four-eyes and 6 Aeros at the meet. Hell......I didn't even think that there were that many 4-eyes in Omaha.

    They ranged from almost perfect mint stock, highly modified, driver duty and to project. It reinforced what we have been preaching that no Fox is unwanted at our show and we welcome them all. All of these cars have a story and we will want to hear them all.

    Here are the pics from our get together so you can see a sample of the different stages of cars that should be at the show.

    Starting with the 4-eyes:







    Last edited by 84StangSVT; 05-30-2018 at 08:24 AM.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

    I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

  25. #50

    Default

    And the Aeros:






    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

    I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •