Close

Default Help with Plug and Harness Identification

I am in the middle of sorting out the wiring on my car, 1985 GT that I am putting mostly 1986 GT harnesses into, and have actually identified most of the plugs, and paired them up with their mates. First one, and proving to be the biggest challenge, is the dash harness. I have decided to stick with the 85 GT dash harness, as the one from the car is the cleanest one I can find. I have gotten a couple 86 dash harnesses, but they are chopped up more than I prefer, whereas my 85 dash harness is in great shape. Some of the subtle changes I see between 1985 and 1986, is that in 1986 Ford started striping all of their wires that had tracers, whereas in 1985, they still used dashed lines on their wires. Other than that, things have been pretty consistent.

So, first things first, if you could help me identify the following plugs, or correct me if I am wrong, that would be great. I have the factory Ford diagrams, and training manual that has Vacuum and Wire diagrams, but some of these aren't easy to find, or just aren't listed.

These two plugs look like they could be for the stereo, they have P1 and P2 written on the sides of each of them.
    Name:  20171003_200806_resized.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  106.8 KB

I think this is a factory speaker plug for one of the dash speakers, but not sure
    Name:  20171003_202844_resized.jpg
Size:  55.3 KB

I believe that these are the brake light switch wires, for the switch on the pedal, but the connector is gone.
    Name:  20171003_201512_resized.jpg
Size:  79.9 KB

This looks to be a factory add-on sub harness, as it plugs into the back of the fuse panel, with factory plugs. One wire is large and is pink, the other is bluish in color... sorry for the lack of focus in the pic. This is on my 86 dash harness, and not sure if I should swap it to the 1985 harness
    Name:  20171003_201221_resized.jpg
Size:  107.4 KB

This plug has one green wire, and one white wire with red or pink dots/tracer. Not sure what this does at all
    Name:  20171003_201142_resized.jpg
Size:  68.6 KB

More on the next post, due to the 5 pic limit
    85 GT Hatchback, T-Tops. 2012 Coyote 5.0L Swap, T56 Magnum, GT550 Dept of Boost kit, with Eaton M122 SC, RAM 11" Powergrip clutch, BBK Long Tubes/OR X-Pipe, Flowmaster Axle Back, Stifflers DS Loop, and Rear X-member, AJE Tube Crossmember with AJE-Mod Mounts, 3.73 Posi 8.8, 5 lug Cobra 13" fr and 12.6" rear disc swap, 2004 Hydroboost Swap, MM SubFrame Connectors, MM Panhard Bar, MM front A-Arms, MM rear control arms, MM CC Plates, MM Coilovers w/Koni dampeners, MM Torque Arm (soon to be installed).

This is a loose set of wires, green with yellow tracer, blue with red tracer and yellow with tan. No connector, and I have no idea if these are needed. I can start running continuity checks on other pins to see where these wires connect, but was hopeful these looked familiar to someone.
    Name:  20171003_200741_resized.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  87.3 KB

This is a connector from the dash, that connects to two wires going to the back of the car, looks like the fuel door solenoid possibly. My only concern here is that the wire sizes are different... may not be a big deal, but the colors and plugs match up. Green and blue wires on each, but the wires on the chassis side are bigger... like 12 gauge to 14 or 16 gauge.
    Name:  20171003_201919_resized.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  94.1 KB

Finally, I ran into a crazy issue with the headlight harness. I didn't realize it, but the clutch pedal switch plugs are within the headlight harness, and plug into the clutch switch from there (I was looking all over for it in the dash harness, only to find it actually in the headlight harness, but not the headlight harness I just bought). As it turns out, the headlight harness I bought must have been from a car with an auto transmission, as it doesn't have the two plugs for the clutch safety switch. See the following picture:
    Name:  20171003_212947_resized.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  113.6 KB

The other thing this harness doesn't have, is the fog light harness built into it. I am guessing that I could probably strip the fog light harness from the other "auto trans" headlight harness, but I wondered if there were any other issues that I haven't considered, that will cause me issues if I try to run the "Auto Trans" headlight harness in my car? I would probably need to unpin the fog light harness from the "Auto Trans" harness, if I can figure out where to put it in the "Manual, non-fog harness".

As always, your help is much appreciated
    85 GT Hatchback, T-Tops. 2012 Coyote 5.0L Swap, T56 Magnum, GT550 Dept of Boost kit, with Eaton M122 SC, RAM 11" Powergrip clutch, BBK Long Tubes/OR X-Pipe, Flowmaster Axle Back, Stifflers DS Loop, and Rear X-member, AJE Tube Crossmember with AJE-Mod Mounts, 3.73 Posi 8.8, 5 lug Cobra 13" fr and 12.6" rear disc swap, 2004 Hydroboost Swap, MM SubFrame Connectors, MM Panhard Bar, MM front A-Arms, MM rear control arms, MM CC Plates, MM Coilovers w/Koni dampeners, MM Torque Arm (soon to be installed).