Close

Default Driver seat lean

Ok. This has probably been asked before but....
    The drivers side seat leans what appears to be the left rear. I haven't look close yet to see but is it usually the floor being "bent" or is it the seat frame? I'm thinking it's the car itself because I put a different pair of seats in and the lean is still there.
    If the floor is bent then how has anyone straightened it to get rid of the lean?

Floor is most likely cracked but depends. What year &'roof style do you have?
    MCA #110307
    "Saved" 25k mi 83 GT - http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ght=Wrecked+GT
    83 GT T Top
    83 GT Convt
    84 20th Anniversary T Top GT350 SOLD 11/17
    84 GT Convt SOLD 08/18

Or the seat frame welds in that corner have failed.

Mike

Some idiot jacked the car up under the right rear of the passenger seat with my car...

... and with solid floor there and visual evidence of the jacking upon looking underneath, the fix came with my large ball peen hammer, hammering the floor sheet metal back down. If yours is leaning downward, that's something else going on. If the sheet metal isn't rusted or cracked there, you should be able to hammer it back up if it somehow got bent downward...
    Mike
    1986 Mustang convertible ---> BUILD THREAD
    Past Fox-chassis "four eyes":
    1983 Mercury Cougar LS
    1986 Ford Thunderbird ELAN
    1980 Capri RS Turbo

Work in progress website ---> http://carb-rebuilds-plus.boards.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Walking-Tall View Post
    Some idiot jacked the car up under the right rear of the passenger seat with my car...

... and with solid floor there and visual evidence of the jacking upon looking underneath, the fix came with my large ball peen hammer, hammering the floor sheet metal back down. If yours is leaning downward, that's something else going on. If the sheet metal isn't rusted or cracked there, you should be able to hammer it back up if it somehow got bent downward...
    If you take Walking - Talls advise I'd like to add that you should use a plastic dead blow hammer with a larger head to minimize the dents.

In my case it was cracks in the floor that let the seat track on on side sag lower. I welded it up and put a plate in the area to help distribution of weight and everything is level now. Now I just need to loose 50 lbs ... that's a better fix then the welded plate over the long run.

Floor is not cracked there I'll check the seat frame. Supposedly when I bought these seats last year they were either nos which I doubt or almost new take outs. Which doesn't mean anything at this point.
    Im going to take it out and see if it sits flat on the concrete or wobbles and go from there. May be I cracked the floor. Oops

No need to take the seat out to check the frame. From the front or back, grab the top of the seat (where your shoulders would be) and twist. If the frame is broken you will get more movement to one side or the other. To double check this, do the same thing with the passenger seat- they are usually not damaged.
    MCA #110307
    "Saved" 25k mi 83 GT - http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ght=Wrecked+GT
    83 GT T Top
    83 GT Convt
    84 20th Anniversary T Top GT350 SOLD 11/17
    84 GT Convt SOLD 08/18