Close

Default Turn signal/multifunction switch diagram

So last week I changed my multifunction switch. Now my turn signals and high beams work. My brake lights don't, though.
    I tried looking through the 1985 wiring diagram but I can't seem to find the multifunction switch. Does anyone have a schematic for the multifunction switch so I can just know where to start?

I never use "wiring diagrams" but rather use factory EVTMs (Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual). I have one for each of my Fords and engines (if a different year). They've been exactly what I've needed for the last three EFI engines installed in earlier cars.

Name:  Multi 01.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  102.4 KB

Name:  Multi 02.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  108.5 KB

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by 4-barrel Mike View Post
    I never use "wiring diagrams" but rather use factory EVTMs (Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual). I have one for each of my Fords and engines (if a different year). They've been exactly what I've needed for the last three EFI engines installed in earlier cars.

Name:  Multi 01.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  102.4 KB

Name:  Multi 02.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  108.5 KB

Mike
    Thank you, man! That's exactly what I needed.

So before I took the column back apart I though 'Let's have a look at the brake switch.'
    Name:  IMG_5149.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  55.5 KB

Lets see if I can solder upside down...

Upside down? It unplugs and a replacement connector is readily available if necessary: http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/f...onnector,10621

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by 4-barrel Mike View Post
    Upside down? It unplugs and a replacement connector is readily available if necessary: http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/f...onnector,10621

Mike
    Well im hoping I can splice some wire in there and not have to wait for parts to get here. That's just me being impatient.

Well I was able to get a little piece of wire spliced in there. Finally having tiny carny-folk hands worked to my advantage.

So how hard was that multifunction switch to replace?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jjordan911 View Post
    So how hard was that multifunction switch to replace?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not hard at all. Just pull off the signal stalk, take off the column cover, two screws, old one off, new one on, boom. Done. I forget if it had those annoying brittle clips that require a little finesse but yeah.

I did my ignition switch at the at the same time and that was more of a bitch because the bolts holding that came stripped from the factory, it seemed.