Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by burntorange84 View Post
    Like Paul said, you could get a non-roller cam in a roller block in the automatics. The 84 cast (non-hypereutectic) leftovers had 4 eyed pistons as did the forged 85's. I don't think you got the forged pistons unless it had the 5-speed and thus roller-cam. Supposedly, some very early 5-speed models got the 84 slugs, but I believe it was still non-roller cam and even single exit exhaust. Check the buck tag to see what tranny you originally had. Somebody on here can check the VIN if you-re missing it. If it was an Auto, then you should have the cast slugs, unfortunately. The hyper piston use was in the early 90's stang.

-j
    You are correct about the cast and forged slugs. However, if you look at his picture he provided, the pistons are marked .030 over. This is why I am saying they are aftermarket and probably hypereutectic slugs. The casting number on his block can't be read clearly so it's hard to tell what year that may be...
    HAD
    '82 GT monochromatic (red)...black cloth

HAVE
    '85 GT vert two tone (white on charcoal)...white leather
    '00 F350 two tone (white on silver)...gray cloth
    '00 Excursion Limited two tone (white on tan)...tan leather...wifes ride
    '08 Taurus Limited ice blue...tan leather...daughter ride
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

I can read it clearly from the picture link in post 19. It says E5AE.

Cale

Quote Originally Posted by cb84capri View Post
    I can read it clearly from the picture link in post 19. It says E5AE.

Cale
    After looking at the pic some more and doing a little research your block casting number is:

E5AE-C3B

This is correct for a 1985 roller block.

The casting date code on your block is on a surface that is perpendicular to the surface the casting number is on. You can see it in you pic just to the right of the '10'. Can you read it or take a better pic of it? It should be 3 or 4 digits such as 5A1 (Jan 1 1985) or 5A15 (YMD or YMDD).

Motor has .030 over Pistons. Not sure about them until I remove the oil pan to search for more information.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12