Close

Default Steering Column Wiring Diagram? 85 LX

I am sure it’s been asked before, but my search brought up many different topics on wiring.

I have an 85 Mustang I am starting to rewire. I have no oem harnesses, but the dash has the original controls, and the plug in socket. I don’t have the original harness end that plugs in. I need someway to figure out what The pins are in the socket. Does anyone have a wire diagram that would work, or tell me where I can find one?

Also, to note..,I currently have a few wires ran ftom the switch through that socket. Unfortunately I am unsure what 2 of those are. My father unwired my electronic ignition and did some welding, he developed brain cancer and passed away before he had a chance to rewire. If I had a diagram I imagine I could get that figured put easy.

Here is the link to all the wiring diagrams for the Four Eyes. http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...79-1986-in-PDF

Here is the link to the 85 diagrams: http://www.mc-machine.com/pdf/1985.pdf

Sorry to hear about your Dad! I am dealing with similar health issues with my Dad right now, so I can empathize.

I also have moved this thread to the Electrical Section of the Forums as you will probably get better help and answers there rather than the General Tech section. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Sorry to hear about your dads passing.

Have you considered posting a WTB for the needed harness from another 85? Might be easier in the long run. Just a thought.

Sorry for getting it in the wrong category. I actually do see the column switch on there, but I’ll certainly need to get off this mobile device and look on the pc later tp see if that tells what I need to know. I’m hoping to get the ignition rewired this week. I lost my job, and figure Now is the time to get moving on the car & house some.

Sorry about your father as well. It’s not easy.

Eratic, I actually had not. I just lost my job too, so I am trying to stay lean on spending. The harness would need to be cheap. My wife works, but it won’t cover all of our bills.

I figured out my fathers wiring. I start a new job tomorrow, if things look promising there I’ll post a wtb on that harness plug, and hopefully get my a/c parts soon as well.