Hey all I have been working on a restoration project on my 85' GT and have been photo-documenting the tear down process and have quite a few parts I am unsure of what they do and if they are even necessary. Just some things to note with this project is I have decided not to worry about cruise control (at least for now) and I do not care about emissions as we do not have that where I live and this car will probably be registered with "Antique" plates any way. With all that in mind ... who wants to play "Name that part?"

Name:  CPUMountedtoDriverEngineBayWall.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  125.7 KB
I'm pretty sure this is the PCM?

Name:  ThingBehindDriverStrutTower.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  112.4 KB
I call it "Thing Behind Driver side strut tower"... no idea what it is but it's next to the brake booster...

Name:  ThingBehindPassStrutTower.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  86.6 KB
I call it "Thing Behind Passenger strut tower" ... again no idea but it has a vacuum loop and a plug...

Name:  ThingMountedtoFrontofDriverStrutTower.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  120.1 KB
"Thing Mounted to Front of Driver strut tower" ... This one actually looks purposeful but again not sure.

Name:  ThingMountedtoFrontofPassStrutTower.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  128.6 KB
Now presenting "Thing Mounted to Front of Passenger strut tower" Pretty sure this has something to do with ignition and is also important. When I actually start putting parts back I will probably be switching to an MSD system so this may get replaced?

Sorry if I'm being a noob here but these are the few parts I am unsure of and want to have everything fully documented so this project doesn't turn into an investigation. I scoured the internet trying to find an exploded view of the engine bay but it looks like if you want that you have to purchase a manual. I was able to find it for fuel injected foxes but they don't seem to have the same setup as a carbureted fox. I'm sure someone is gonna tell me to RTFM and I would if I HTFM... so maybe I'll just have to BTFM.

Thanks for any input or help... More to come...

-Rob-