Close

Default pillar measurement

I need to order the t-top seals from soffseal. Can anyone provide a photoshopped pic of what points I need to measure for pillar length? The seals are made to order so I dont need any issues.

Thanks,

This is one of those questions that doesn't have a simple answer in my experience. Generally the T-top weatherstripping is broken down by year models and production dates. With that said there seem to have been exceptions to those rules too.

First what year model and production date is your vehicle that helps to narrow down where to start. Some of the early cars seem to be the challenge as it appears Cars & Concept/Ford made some changes or attempts to improve the seals during production and they can be different than expected.

Is your original weatherstripping still on the vehicle? Is so that helps to make the correct measurements too.

The measurement is basically from the edge of the T top opening (the 90 degree corner) down the pillar to where the T-top weatherstripping meets the body to door weatherstripping. Most early cars used a long T-top weatherstrip of @ 38", then Ford changed to a 26" for the 10/83 and later Four Eyes. Then the 87/88 cars used a 30" T-top weatherstrip.

The odd ball again is that some early 81/82 cars used a 23" weatherstrip that isn't reproduced and therefore most of those have to use the 10/83-86 weatherstrip that is 26" long and just glue down the extra.

So clear as mud now!?
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller