Close

Default Door panel backing replacement

my door panels were in great condition on the inside of the car but the pressed board backing was shot. The slots wouldn't hold door panel locating pins anymore so I bought the door backing replacement set from LMR and at first when I swapped out the old backing for new I was thrilled with how it came out.

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-2394DBD/mus...oard-pair-8186

However I had the panels off the whole time my car was in the body shop and today I tried to reinstall the driver side. Very disappointed to find these don't line up the same as the old panel did.

I took my time, very carefully removed the old backing board, then I fitted the new board into the folds of the vinyl and made adjustments since the replacements are a bit bigger and need to be trimmed. I compared the old board on top of the new on the be sure I had aligned the backing board right.

The locating push pins are off almost a full inch. The only thing I can think of is to drill new locating holes in the door.

Any suggestions?

Attachment 115694

I did this to mine and they fit perfect you should not have to trim the board at all

Not trying to be a jerk but you didn't put them on the panels upside down or backwards did you?