Close

Default 1986 Mustang LX Coupe

Looking at a 56k mile bright red, gray vinal interior, 5.0, 5 speed LX Coupe. 2 owner, only mods are headers, exhaust, shifter, and 3.55 gears. Original paint and interior. Non AC, manual windows, no rear defroster. Local car, not advertised for sale yet. Asking $12k. Really, really thinking hard on it but not sure if I'm nuts. I know the prices are going up, but this is a unicorn for me. Thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by racer x79; 09-24-2017 at 10:15 PM.

Wow!!!! Thats proabably worth that if not very very close to that price. And a bare bones car... droooool

When will you see another one or how much would you have in building it?? A bit rich for me though

Man thats nice!!
    86 coupe
    1993 GT
    My 10 Sec street cars

Update.....I passed on it. I had an opportunity at 10,800 but I couldn't pull the trigger - just not the right time with 2 in the garage already. I thought that was about top dollar for a perfect car, and it was close, but it wasn't perfect. It was listed on ebay and ended/sold at 11,279. I hope someone on FEP bought it and enjoys it. Great car.

I was watching this car on e bay and was surprised at what is sold for, I would have bid on it had it had A/C. Being in Texas its kind of a have to have. REAL nice car!

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by racer x79 View Post
    Update.....I passed on it. I had an opportunity at 10,800 but I couldn't pull the trigger - just not the right time with 2 in the garage already. I thought that was about top dollar for a perfect car, and it was close, but it wasn't perfect. It was listed on ebay and ended/sold at 11,279. I hope someone on FEP bought it and enjoys it. Great car.
    Tell us more about seller, was it a flip or what?