Close

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

One poorly staged pic of the car, one pic of the front seat (which admittedly does look good). That's all.
    Bob in Lebanon, TN
    79 original owner six cylinder coupe
    MCA Gold Card judge for 3rd Generation cars

What a shame. If the car truly has 41,000 miles, it would be hard to tell with the pictures. The one POOR photo of the seat shows that the interior could support the claim of mileage but who knows. It does appear that the car has been 5 lug converted at some time also.

I really wish people spent more time on their ads, as no one who cares would be interested in such a poor ad. Sadly, ads like this are a good reason potentially good cars end up scrapped or parted. The seller does such a poor job of promoting it for sale, car doesn't sell, seller gauges that as there is no interest in the car and either junks or parts it. At the price he is asking, if it is in fact 41,000 miles, it could be one hell of a bargain to the buyer, but who knows unless a really interested buyer probes him for more information. A buyer should not have to probe a seller for the blatantly obvious information and should be able to make an opinion based off the ad before opening the chain of communication. A lot of time could be saved for both the prospective buyer and seller.

I guess that is the way things go anymore but it's sad really.
    Last edited by 84StangSVT; 09-20-2017 at 07:55 AM.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Totally agree. Some don't even get the year right or list the thousands worth of parts under it, etc. crazy.

Well said Brock. My sentiments exactly. I enjoy reading the car ads posted here, but am continually amazed how exceptionally poor the vast majority are. I would put more effort into an ad for a $35 part than this seller has done for a $3500 car.
    Bob in Lebanon, TN
    79 original owner six cylinder coupe
    MCA Gold Card judge for 3rd Generation cars

When I sold my 2011 Ram earlier this summer, I spent the time to write the ad. I listed out all of its options, all of the work that had been done to it and at what mileage it was done at, the issues that I knew about. I also included around 25 photos of the vehicle from all sides, interior, motor, undercarriage, and every spot that I listed as an issue. IMHO, it was better written than even most dealers take the time to do. I was very clear and concise in the ad. While I had the usual lowball offers and general bs, the truck sold in 3 days at the price I asked for it and the buyer was impressed with the ad as it helped fuel their decision to buy it quickly. There was nothing on the truck that they hadn't seen in the ad and they looked.

All in all, it took me about 30 minutes to take the pics, write the detailed ad and post it. When the buyer came and looked at it, we made the transaction in about 15 minutes and a chunk of that was a test drive to ensure the drivetrain functioned properly. For a $10,000 truck to move that quickly should be an indication to how a well written ad works in the sellers favor.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?