Close

Default Interior Paint recomendation.

I am about to buy a black Duel Gauge Pillar pod and wanted to paint it as close to the factory charcoal grey in my 1984 RS as I can get. Anyone have any recommendations for a brand and color of paint that matches?

Robert

Is the Forum search feature not working? I tried and kept getting a blank page.
    1984 RS 347 Capri, To many car parts to list, check out my car build page here for the story on my car and a full parts list/setup!:

My RS in Action

Search function is non functional right now. Not sure how or when it will be fixed.

If you just need a small amount for something like a pillar pod, then the rattle cans available from most Mustang suppliers will work just fine.

NPD sells the SEM brand https://www.npdlink.com/store/produc...0014-6371.html

You just need to decide if you need/want low luster or semi gloss. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

I have an 83 Capri and a similar need but with much more coverage. Does anyone have personal experience with how SEM semi and low luster compare to factory Ford black? I screwed up and painted a whole bunch of my interior an interior black paint which has far too much gloss to it. Nothing is reassembled yet but I'm going to have to repaint everything again with a product which more closely matches the factory look before I can.

I had an account with Late Model Restoration so I figured I would give their interior Paint a try. The 1984-86 Dark Gray interior paint was a similar color but not a perfect match. I'm sure there are tons of factors to consider with matching the colors but for me it was close enough.

https://lmr.com/item/MET-FV19/84-86-...Interior-Paint

Robert
    1984 RS 347 Capri, To many car parts to list, check out my car build page here for the story on my car and a full parts list/setup!:

My RS in Action