Close

Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

2.95 / 0.59 G-Force gear set on the bench, let the T5-GF construction begin!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Cool! But why the G-force and not the Astro A-5? Did you upgrade to to the 9130 shaft? I assume syncros and not faceplated.

I left it up to my transmission guy. I told him the motor will be a 331 making around 450 ftlbs at peak as it revs to 6500 and it’s an area under the curve focused cam. The hardware here should stand up to it, but time will tell.

suspension will have all the MM control arm goodies in it. G2 tires are pretty sticky too. It should be quite a ride when it’s done. Over double the factory HP, etc.

Pictures of T5 assembly with Astro one piece retainer, rear plate, and Gforce gear set. Complete with 1352-169 trans tag left on the tail housing... lol
    Last edited by erratic50; 07-27-2018 at 08:15 PM.

More pics
    Last edited by erratic50; 07-27-2018 at 08:33 PM.

CHP balanced and blueprinted 331 with my AL flywheel and a new balancer are in route to Trey. Flowtech custom cam and Edelbrock heads and Airgap intake await their arrival. May the horsepower gods be generous. Ed called 440HP at 6250 and 450 lbs at 4300 — we shall see when the engine fires and runs its dyno pull!

The only bad news is Ed called 480 at 6250 with AFR 185’s or 475 with 165’s that have been worked on the CNC. Guess I’m leaving a little on the table with my “crappy” Edelbrock Performer heads.

woukd have loved to make over 400 with a stock cam and 1.7’s on a 302 just to prove the research is not wrong, but it’s not in the cards.

Ed’s cam is 0.603 lift for those who are wondering! No joke! Letter cams — you can bite me. Lol

Comparatively — the cam I chose on my own was not nearly the bumpstick that Flowtech likes for area under the curve.

i stand by my opinion that the Edelbrocks with my originally selected COMP cam would have broke 400 and 400 lbs on a 302 N/A

440HP and 450lbs on a 331 is an even better on specific output— if it makes the off idle numbers it’s supposed to it will be pretty incredible in a 3000 lb foxbody!

7 May have 8 9 but 1985-006 is not afraid of 1985-007. Lol

Really too bad this thing likely isn’t going to make it to SCOA! Would have been a blast on the track at Charlotte with Steve and Mike! Dream on Erratic50 — dream on.

Oh well — the cage isn’t going to make it either.
    Last edited by erratic50; 07-27-2018 at 08:54 PM.

We FINALLY Have COLOR!!!

Name:  2018-08-01 13.24.39.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  181.3 KB

Name:  2018-08-01 13.24.26.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  183.1 KB

Name:  2018-08-01 13.24.56.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  162.3 KB

Name:  2018-08-01 13.25.07.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  120.1 KB

Still have work to be done, but at least there is finally some visual progress. I LOVE the look of a Fox Mustang in 1E Silver. Once we get the Charcoal Grey sprayed the silver is really going to POP!! Honestly pictures don't do the color justice! It will almost blind you out in the sun!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Unfortunately the thrill of the Mustang being in color was ruined when SAIA showed up with the engine from CHP.

Name:  2018-08-01 13.34.04.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  108.0 KB

Name:  2018-08-01 13.42.21.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  130.4 KB

Name:  2018-08-01 13.42.28.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  99.1 KB

Name:  2018-08-01 13.36.24.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  99.0 KB

Not impressed by the packaging by CHP nor the handling by SAIA. Needless to say the shipment was refused. A major unfortunate setback.
    ​Trey

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

As a guy that has worked in a warehouse shipping different stuff for 25 years, that was a useless pack job inside the box and an even worse job of banding something to a skid that should not have been used to hold an engine in the first place. Shame on CHP for even shipping a new engine in a cheap cardboard box. For the money paid you would think they could build a crate from 1X2's and osb. And ALL shipping companies anymore these days dont care about how a shipment is handled. Off one truck, set on the dock(maybe for days to be run into by careless forklift drivers) and jammed onto another truck.

Quote Originally Posted by dagenham View Post
    As a guy that has worked in a warehouse shipping different stuff for 25 years, that was a useless pack job inside the box and an even worse job of banding something to a skid that should not have been used to hold an engine in the first place. Shame on CHP for even shipping a new engine in a cheap cardboard box. For the money paid you would think they could build a crate from 1X2's and osb. And ALL shipping companies anymore these days dont care about how a shipment is handled. Off one truck, set on the dock(maybe for days to be run into by careless forklift drivers) and jammed onto another truck.
    Unfortunately I have to agree completely. I was shocked to say the least. I have purchased an engine or two that were shipped and this one is the worst I have ever seen. I sent a crate of parts down from Colorado and did a much better job than this and everything arrived without damage or issue. Truly very unprofessional.
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

I’m sure the pictures don’t do it justice, but it’s looking great! I doubt that Ford make a single foxbody ever that was remotely close to this straight from the factory, and the body lines look super

the reveal at the doors, etc look great too!

the car had good bones to start with but the end product here i know is the result of macro attention to detail.

I can’t wait to see it in person!

Thanks! I have to say it took a lot more time than I had expected and planned, but I am really happy with the results.

The lines are straight, the gaps are good and the color looks AWESOME! I can't wait to get the rest sprayed and all put together. Then the charcoal grey will really set everything off!

Now I really want to build my own Saleen Clone in 1E Silver!
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Yea.... so much for my new 331! Unreal!

At least we had the option to reject it due to shipping damage and force a do over. Wonder how badly my aluminum flywheel got messed up by this crap show....

I took greater care in the transport of what turned out to be a piece of crap 0.040 over longblock.

Fact is the stand it was on just might be worth more than the engine. Hell, either shortblock now......

Maybe we could ignore facts and wish it all packed properly.

Oh wait, that could be interpreted as a political statement these days couldn’t it.

Bubba with a cargo van would have done better.

Pretty...I guess you do have some skills
    Current rides:
    89 LX 5.0, 5 -spd..the Lemon
    86 RS Capri 5.0 Auto...
    86 LX Colorado SSP 5.0 5-spd (Sadly Sold)
    85.5 SVO, Finally Got Boost
    83 RS Capri 5.0, 5-spd (another sadly sold)

Amazing no real four eyed Saleens were built in 1E silver. This one with its early 85 body kit and full Racecraft everything is going to look amazing when it’s all together!

Cant wait to see the raccoon eyes with the spoiler and hood stripe delete, etc..

I am sure we could cast a wide enough net with all of our friends here to locate the parts to build a second one. Would be very cool. It ends up being an expensive build though.

Dare I say it would be way less expensive to locate an 85 Saleen and color swap it? I’m probably not wrong. Lol

By any account regardless of if it stays one of one or gets a friend just like it — this will be quite a car when it’s done. A super car dressed up as an 85 Saleen in a color never built— until a couple fox fans put their heads together and dreamt it up!

And to think my 86 would be nearly done now if someone had removed the Racecraft suspension parts and lower K brace and other early Saleen parts on my 85 roller before they sold it to me.!

How exciting! It looks great, silver was a great choice.

I’m stunned by the engine though. What in the hell is CHP thinking? Man I feel sorry for you. I hope they’re able to deliver you a good one this next time.

Congrats on getting it in color, it's looking good.

Ok, I have to admit that I'm not a fan of silver cars. But I am intrigued by the thought of silver and a darker color stripe job on it. I'm excited to see it done too.
    Trey, how would you like to redo a real 85 Saleen Though mine needs a new roof skin and a few dings taken out.

Ok, I have to admit that I'm not a fan of silver cars. But I am intrigued by the thought of silver and a darker color stripe job on it. I'm excited to see it done too.
    Trey, how would you like to redo a real 85 Saleen Though mine needs a new roof skin and a few dings taken out.
    Well, we replaced the roof on this car and took out a few dings too, so I don't see that being much of an issue.

Oh and we have prepped 3 front bumper covers for the car too until we finally had one that looked right!

I personally like Silver, so I am excited about the finished product. I think it will be a really cool look that is unique and special. Although not a real Saleen, I believe it will be an awesome replica that has unbelievable power and handling to match it's great looks!
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Quote Originally Posted by Davedacarpainter View Post
    How exciting! It looks great, silver was a great choice.

I’m stunned by the engine though. What in the hell is CHP thinking? Man I feel sorry for you. I hope they’re able to deliver you a good one this next time.
    The final choice was up to James, but the car was/is an original 1E Silver car from the factory. We thought it was a Canyon Red car originally, but once we started removing all the flat black paint and the red we determined it's true original color.
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

I started off thinking Medium Canyon Red with silver stripe kit and grey interior because it’s a cool combo and one that was not ever made.

The surprise 1E color code on the tag gave us a new direction — much to our surprise no 1E silver four eyed Saleen was ever built.

That and the Racecraft suspension already under the car sealed the deal and a plan was finalized — we would restore a 1E silver 85GT then complete the Saleen transformation someone else had started on the car all those years ago.

It will wear the number 006 in the headlight bucket and do a good job of looking the part.

If I had it to do again I’d probably start with a real one, but considering how little car was there when we hatched a plan to save it, a VIN will not stop me from enjoying it!

A horribly packed mishandled shortblock? Yep’ll do it....
    Last edited by erratic50; 08-03-2018 at 05:32 PM.

Pretty nice looking for a car that iirc was just bought for a parts car

Pretty nice looking for a car that iirc was just bought for a parts car
    Originally — it was going to become the bare metal shell my 1986GT was going to be resurrected in.

Now I have basically two complete cars. One was bought about one piece at a time.

Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast