Close

Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thanks guys. I’ll keep you posted.

New lender predicts a 1/4 close date right now and a majority of the tasks required on their side are done now. That would give me a home to move to and a weekend to get moved there. Do-able. Not great but do-able

Cutting this WAY closer than my 40 something body is going to like, that’s for sure. I’m blessed with being quite strong and able bodied but when it comes to the heavy stuff boy I sure pay for it the next few days. Just hope everything holds up.

That's just messed up. I would consider hiring a moving company, if for nothing else that the heaviest stuff. When my now wife moved in, we hired a mover to move her stuff from apartment to my house. I was against it at first, but she insisted. Afterwards, I was so grateful, because just moving the 'little stuff' like a million boxes of knick knacks, clothes, small furniture, etc had my so sore I could hardly move for a week!
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

Well, closing on the new house in the morning. 1/4.

Closing on the sale of the old house and paying off the bridge loan Monday. 1/7

Really long story but the builder is in for a rude awakening next year once warranty is up. I’m blessed to have the means to cover it for now. He gets his $81/day signed under diress — in the end he won’t keep it according to my lawyer.

The next problem — the lender completely botched the math on the balance sheet. They got all the way through approval before they made contact with the title company and they weren’t paying attention to everything they had been told both verbally and in writing and they discovered yesterday (1/2) that they were 19K dollars off on my cash to close requirement on a 30 year fixed conventional. They didn’t account for the cash I had paid in upgrades to the house correctly and had allowed the builder to price the house incorrectly cording to conventional (Fannie Mae) requirements.

Having that revealed two days before close when their “new calculations” would require a new appraisal is about the time we had some very direct discussion. They were trying to tell me it would push the close out at least a week (probably 10 days) for the appraisal and to a change the loan amount and wait the 3 days federal mandate for another disclosure

Thats where I called bull crap — your fixing this and using the appraisal and the disclosure you have. it took me having a stressful conversation with the president of a credit union to help him understand where and how his lending team had put me completely behind the 8 ball - showing him everything they had in writing - and being very forceful about what he needed to do for me but I got it done. He signed off on getting me out from under a rate lock when the rates had went down, the new rates available now come within 1/8 of 1% of the existing disclosure. He went for it, let the loan go forward. That change pays the 19K mistake his lending team had made in calculations.

i borrow more at lower interest, it comes out the same on the disclosure but really better for me all the way around. Here’s hoping for a clean closing!

then I can get back to buying engine parts and Trey can keep helping building a Four Eyed dream car!

Good luck, closing on a house can be a real pita.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hope Everything goes well!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

I worked 69 hours between Friday at 1:00pm and Monday at 5:30 pm but everything made it out of the old house and on property at the new. Much of it is in my car trailer and my tandem bay of the garage but I’ll get things in order soon enough.

Moving definitely proved I’m not as young as I once was and we simply have way too much stuff.

Im in my mid 40’s and frankly I’m vastly stronger than I’ve ever been in my life, but crap like arthritis and tendinitis are slowly getting the best of me. I’ve been so damn sore there is nothing over the counter or in the booze store that numbs the aches and pains.

I hired two men and a truck to help move heavy stuff. Honestly the truck came with 1 1/2. The one guy was not cut out for moving jack. I ended up taking over and working with the guy that was strong enough to complete things.

The old house is behind us, sold 1/7. Now to make this one livable and get a shop setup in my garage here.

Congrats! I HATE Moving anymore. Done too much of it over my lifetime. Dad in the Air Force we moved 9 times before I was 18. My wife loves it cause I can pack a box, car, truck, moving van like nobody else.

I definitely have way too much crap and that is after throwing out a 30 yd dumpster of stuff at my old house. I would have much less to move if I could ever find the time and money to finish all my Foxes. Anyway, glad that is over for you and hopefully you can settle in and get everything organized. Then I will start hitting you up for all the other parts and pieces needed for your Saleen Clone!
    ​Trey

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Hit away my friend. She’s gotta get done one way or another.

A ton of cleaning, prepping, and painting of all the small parts, pieces, hardware, etc. That and getting all the new and different parts working well together.

So finally a bit of visual progress. SVO spindles on new lower control arms with SN95 ball joints, Koni stuts, and Saleen Race craft springs. New Centric stock 87-93 calipers and Hawk HPS brake pads.

Name:  2019-01-16 17.46.01.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  92.8 KB

Name:  2019-01-16 17.46.09.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  90.7 KB

Had to elongate the strut mounting holes to get everything to mate up, as well as a set of shims for the difference between the 79-86 strut mounting and the SVO spindle. Oh and all new bearings and seals as well as MM braided steel brake hoses.

Front R&P is next with adjustable outer tie rod ends. Install the new fuel tank and lines out back. Finish overhauling the 8.8 with 3.55 gears. Then all new rear disc brake setup along with the new rear control arms. Waiting on my new pinion tool to wrap that up. Hopefully by this weekend the car will be a roller again.
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

I'm confused. Whose car is this and who is building it?
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Erratic 50's car and I am building it for him with his parts.

Still confusing?
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Hey Congrats on the move! Time to relax and get on with......
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

Looking wonderful Trey! You do great work my friend!

Zoom in and look at the details — WOW.

This car is going to be so damn beautiful by the time it’s done I’m almost going to hate to drive it. Almost!

If I have my way it will go on multiple road trips in 2019. Yellowstone National Park, and some others.

Also hoping to do some shows and, if they’ll have me a year late, SCOA.

Main decision I need to make soon is to aftermarket block or not. Boss and Dart have some VERY impressive products.

Kicking around the idea of building a Boss 4.125x3.25 big bore Boss stroker 347. Also thinking about a 4.185x3.25” big bore Dart 357 CID stroker.

Either are a block you can put a rotating assembly in that can take boost and rev to the moon. Also the big bore unshrouds the intake valve and picks up loads of power there.

Havent modeled it out entirely yet but the heads, intake, and FTI cam should go big on such a rotating assembly. If a 331 models to 440/480 then a 347 should go 485HP 500 ftlbs via the bigger bore. or somewhere north of 510 HP and 525 ftlbs is not at all out of question on a 4.185 bore.

Whatever it makes in the end it’s way more than it had factory and such a car will for sure be a hand full.

I do not plan to go past 6500 RPM even though either block will hold 2500HP past 8000. The cost of building a rotating assembly that goes past 6500 is fairly extreme once you look to assemble a mill with longevity.

We have talked about this over the phone, via email, and text over the last several months. My .02 for what its worth is stick with a good, well machined, OEM block over the aftermarket block. IF you don't plan on keeping the Saleen clone long term. Obviously the aftermarket block is a great insurance policy, but I doubt you are going to recoup the added costs when selling. As we have discussed, it is doubtful you will recoup your investment of this vehicle even at this point.

I still think a good quality 331 with the cam and heads you have will be plenty for this ride. Enough power to hang with virtually anything on the road without breaking the bank!

The only way I would personally spend the $$ on the aftermarket block would be if I were keeping the car long term OR plan on yanking it out and swapping it into your 1986 GT once that one is restored/rebuilt. Again just my .02, but then again what do I know I have a 5.4 DOHC in a 1982 GT that isn't finished yet either.
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Today I just got highlights on more unexpected crap I’m going to have to pay for — very soon. I’ve lost count how many 10’s of thousands have gotten spent this way as of lately but conservatively around 25K. And all on an endless run of stupid crap too.

The highlights from the past 2 weeks.....
    - thousands in unexpected closing costs because the banker can’t math
    - thousands helping the kid stay in college because the admin office also can’t math
    - New fridge because it’s “not included in the price of the new house” .... wtf
    - blinds because “it’s not included in the price of the house” even though the contract says it is .... (grr can we say .... lawyer)
    - garage door openers — same damn deal
    - interior painters .... because the guy that did things originally sucks so bad I had most of it redone
    - New freezer because the old one didn’t make the trip
    - New tires all the way around on the MKX which has less than 30K miles on 60K mile tires but there were TOAST.....
    - new tires and tire pressure sensors on my MarkLT because the sense system went haywire then a tire went low and got ruined ....
    - radiator in the F250 — because why not, perfect timing

As for the stuff today ...... just don’t even want to allow it on the above list yet, but it’s going there.

Not out of money or anything like that and will certainly make more but damn it’s been running away from my pocketbook lately!

So yea, I probably better just go with something similar to what I had picked before.

The car sure as hell won’t be under powered with everything going on it. Just need a rotating assembly that will put up with the punishment.
    Last edited by erratic50; 01-19-2019 at 12:26 AM.

I suspect the radiator was the cheapest item on that list.
    Current Mustangs
    1966 6 cylinder coupe
    1984 SVO 9W
    1985 Saleen #132

Very good guess....... yep.

Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post
    Today I just got highlights on more unexpected crap I’m going to have to pay for — very soon. I’ve lost count how many 10’s of thousands have gotten spent this way as of lately but conservatively around 25K. And all on an endless run of stupid crap too.

The highlights from the past 2 weeks.....
    - thousands in unexpected closing costs because the banker can’t math
    - thousands helping the kid stay in college because the admin office also can’t math
    - New fridge because it’s “not included in the price of the new house” .... wtf
    - blinds because “it’s not included in the price of the house” even though the contract says it is .... (grr can we say .... lawyer)
    - garage door openers — same damn deal
    - interior painters .... because the guy that did things originally sucks so bad I had most of it redone
    - New freezer because the old one didn’t make the trip
    - New tires all the way around on the MKX which has less than 30K miles on 60K mile tires but there were TOAST.....
    - new tires and tire pressure sensors on my MarkLT because the sense system went haywire then a tire went low and got ruined ....
    - radiator in the F250 — because why not, perfect timing

As for the stuff today ...... just don’t even want to allow it on the above list yet, but it’s going there.

Not out of money or anything like that and will certainly make more but damn it’s been running away from my pocketbook lately!

So yea, I probably better just go with something similar to what I had picked before.

The car sure as hell won’t be under powered with everything going on it. Just need a rotating assembly that will put up with the punishment.
    I’d be dead. Maybe you’ll be getting a tax refund?!

No pictures to enjoy, but I finally got the rear axle setup complete. Had some issues with getting everything set up properly, but with enough determination or just plain stubbornness I have it where everything is within specs. Now I just need to do the final assembly with pinion seal, crush sleeve, etc. installed to be done. Then a few other items for the rear disc swap and the rear axle can be re-installed back under the car once again.

Most all the misc bits and pieces for the suspension etc. have been cleaned, painted, prepped, etc. So should be able to get sway bars, etc. installed very soon too. Then I need to finish cleaning the wiring harness so I can install the main body and engine harness and get the dash back in the car.
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Quote Originally Posted by saleen428 View Post
    I’d be dead. Maybe you’ll be getting a tax refund?!
    Lol. I wish. I don’t even want to talk about taxes. I maintain that nobody can spend my money better than my family can, but try telling that to the government it seems.

ill avoid detailing my own thread. Thankfully after some hard work I have the means to handle it.

Just a few short years ago I’d be dead too.

Glad to hear things are worked out on those 3.55’s Trey! Sorry they were so troublesome.

The gears came out of a new 2009 Mustang that had less than 10K miles on it when the owner went to a different ratio.

The very subtle changes made to those gears are costing time for Trey as he tries to set them up in my 8.8 housing.

I wish I would have just bought new. Sorry Trey!

Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post
    Glad to hear things are worked out on those 3.55’s Trey! Sorry they were so troublesome.

The gears came out of a new 2009 Mustang that had less than 10K miles on it when the owner went to a different ratio.

The very subtle changes made to those gears are costing time for Trey as he tries to set them up in my 8.8 housing.

I wish I would have just bought new. Sorry Trey!
    It's all good! Same as usual, they tell you all the parts are interchangeable and that is too, but doesn't mean they are EXACTLY the same!

Just seems to be my luck with rear gears lately. Everything online shows that you just swap out the pinion shim and reuse the carrier side shims and everything is good. Yeah! The last 3 set of gears I have installed have been nothing like that! Oh well, the last two gear swaps didn't whine or make any sounds or have issues, so hopefully I can be 3 for 3!
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Got a list of needed parts from Trey and got the orders for everything done. To say its always something is the understatement of the century..... but a true statement at that.

Can you imagine how long that list would be if you could make the whole thing in detail at the start? And then order it all at once.��
    Current Mustangs
    1966 6 cylinder coupe
    1984 SVO 9W
    1985 Saleen #132

I can imagine it. I can’t imagine this car becoming what it will be if I had done that. It would be a copy of what my 86GT was years ago— no doubt.

Its a lot cooler this way, but it better be! The budget has went way past the cars future value for sure.

Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast