Close

Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

A few days to cool off reminds me that there are parts of my younger self I’ve worked very hard to change and every now and then they drop by and say hello again. I could edit it out, etc, but sometimes it’s good to be reminded of what raw emotion can look like. I do wish they would save making mistakes for someone else’s stuff. Say maybe their own.

Heres hoping for some positive movement forward very soon.
    Last edited by erratic50; 05-02-2020 at 01:41 PM.

It's all good Buddy! We understand and most of us have been there ourselves. I do agree it would be nice to find more people and more businesses that take pride in their work. Say what they do and Do what they say! There are still some out there, but they are getting harder to find all the time now. I am sad to admit that I have only personally experience 2 decent machine shops in my entire life and a whole lot more that I wouldn't let rebuild a Briggs & Stratton.

As we both have discussed this project is way over on the original time table and planned completion date, so no sense in rushing it now. Get everything machined correctly and assembled correctly and don't look back. Good Luck and take care!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Spent the day helping pull cables for HDTVs and cameras at a local restaurant that’s going to get to finally reopen their doors at 50% capacity. Not sure how the hell anyone will turn a profit with so little occupancy but I guess they’ll lose their ass a little more slowly than if they stay boarded up.

Fired the machine shop earlier this week. Ridiculous it’s been SO much trouble to get an engine ready for this car

Damn Dude! I am beginning to think this car is cursed . . . Or maybe its just the two of us! Sorry to hear your machine shop let you down. Sure seems to be a consistent issue these days for everyone. Not sure why people can't seem to actually finish a job they start anymore.
    ​Trey

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Guess it’s on my dad’s generation and mine for raising a bunch of pansy ass weenies

One problem is people refrain from punching someone in the face if they have the stones to charge for something they clearly know they did not do.

The other issue is all those who are willing to take another mans stuff instead of getting a damn job and working for their own.

guess I may as well derail my own thread a bit for a moment.

The country is in a terrible place right now and the stupid bull**** that’s going on is only making stuff worse. I am no Einstein but from where I sit if you say something with colors in it about people your off to a terrible start. If you can’t then flip flop the colors and say the same thing again without there being outrage then those are the very words that are THE problem. My grandma taught me that - too bad a lot of other people’s grand parents didn’t teach them that too

We need to reset to self accountability FAST. No excuses. No bull****. Everyone takes care if their own stuff. Do something stupid? Own up to it!

There have been riots lately and all that being said there’s a point of common sense it all of this too. A car window is a lot stronger than a human neck. Sufficient to say if you beat on a vehicle I’m driving on the window with me inside you are placing me in grave danger. If I have no way to get out of the situation by driving forward or back that grave danger puts me in a position of defense. I’ll tell the person one time to stop. Stay going and I’ll cap their ass. I won’t think twice about it. These stupid idiots out there need to realize they do not get to dictate the other persons response when they escalate to gravey dangerous violence and they need to understand what that is.

Usually about the time a weapon is seen it doesn’t need to be heard but it should not come to this

Still waiting for machine shop #2 to go back through everything and tell me what all is screwed up. I know the main bearing tolerances are WAY off and action is needed. Most likely the new stroker crank is going to have to be turned 10 or 20 and matched up with new main bearings ..... and of course the block actually needs to be line honed this time.

FEP Senior Member

Just buy a new crate motor from Ford Racing or Roush....probably a lot less stress.

Engine is back out of shop #2 and awaiting assembly

I ordered link bar roller lifters from FTI along with a good timing set with multiple key ways so we can dial in the cam timing per Ed’s recommendation.

If tolerances look good this time around (fingers crossed) maybe this time around we can install cam and lifters, install the heads, and get a pushrod measurement

**** has taken entirely too long!!

Quote Originally Posted by noac View Post
    Just buy a new crate motor from Ford Racing or Roush....probably a lot less stress.
    If I go through this again I may very well do exactly that

I have another engine to build once this one is done. The 353 for my 86GT. Tons of crap to buy for that one

Just caught up. I'm trying not to match your rant, because this isn't a political forum. But I agree with you 100%. I am 50, but my mom was 44 when I was born. So I was raised like kids in the 50's. No BS. Do what you are supposed to do. Life isn't fair and whining won't get you anywhere but hard work will.

Also, that being said, I am pretty sure my dad who is still alive at 88, has the same set of 'automotive bibles.' When I was a young teen, I would go thru looking at all of the specs and the same things as you. Hey you could use this part from this engine in that engine. It also had all the factory HP ratings for every year that it covered. He also has all of of his Air Force manuals. And from memory can start the engines on a B-29. We got him up in the cockpit of FIFI 2 years ago. The crew was in awe of him. He suddenly became about 20 years younger. He told them if they took him up, he could handle the engineer's station. lol He actually flew on Doc, the other flying B29 when he was in the Air Force. So they called those guys and my dad told them some stories about Doc.

None of these snowflakes have any idea about sacrifice for others or country. Keep you head down and work thru the issues. I can't wait to see this running.
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

Yea, my grand parents played a huge role in my upbringing, especially my dad’s parents. They were pretty old school. If grandpa was still around he would be 109. I’m 45 although I don’t have much desire to act or think like I’m a day over 25. Lol

tolerance numbers coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post
    Yea, my grand parents played a huge role in my upbringing, especially my dad’s parents. They were pretty old school. If grandpa was still around he would be 109.
    Mine too except mine were my mom's parents. I wouldn't trade those memories for anything. I lost my grandpa 12 years ago when he was 95. He worked and ran his own business till he was 94.5 (civil/structural engineer). He was old school European. I miss the guy
    67 Mustang Coupe
    96 Tangerine GT
    86 Saleen #179

My grandpa kicked off at 79 when I was 15. My grandma was around until I was 35.

Being able to learn from and get to know my Grandparents well was not an option for me. Definitely envious of those that did. My Dad's dad died when I was 2, his mom my freshman year in college. My mother's dad died when I was 27 and due to family squabble I didn't see my grandmother after that and she died about 3 years later.

Knew my mom's dad reasonably well, but due to family reasons I didn't get to spend as much time with him as I would have liked. He was a great guy and the nicest man I have ever known. He was pretty good with cars, mechanical, and even upholstery. Really wish I could have learned more from him when I was younger. My Dad being Air Force meant that we only lived close to them for a few years. By close I mean less than 2 hours away. Hopefully I can do better with my grand kids at a future date in time.
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Yea, my grand parents played a huge role in my upbringing, especially my dad’s parents. They were pretty old school. If grandpa was still around he would be 109. I’m 45 although I don’t have much desire to act or think like I’m a day over 25. Lol

tolerance numbers coming soon
    Act my age? Hell no! That's why (my wife doesn't understand) I'm gearing up for another run at a drag car.
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

FEP Power Member Jerry peachuer's Avatar

is this a cast crank

FEP Power Member Jerry peachuer's Avatar

never mind I see the parting line

Shop no.2 say anything about balance ?

Reportedly it’s balanced and line honed and ready to rock. Still haven’t had time to pick it up

Have had a terrible time getting the parts or even replies from FTI. I’ve been waiting on my linkbar roller lifters and adjustable timing set for way too long

That sucks. I usually got a response same day from him last year!
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

The parts finally showed up at my bill-to address. Never did get a tracking number or much of any replies as I asked for status, etc. Not sure what the point is of bill-to ship-to if the are going to refuse to honor it.... they definitely need to get their act together

It’s getting there. Just pushrods and a couple misc things left to go and it will be run stand and dyno time.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

331 is just waiting on valve covers and it’s ready for first fire
    Last edited by erratic50; 11-21-2020 at 04:29 PM.

Pictures will not upload. Arg

FEP Supporter

Pictures will not upload. Arg
    I tried to upload an image to the FEP server and it failed too. Had to use another method. Maybe to do with site going down the other day.

Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast