Close

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

P.S.

Will race erratic50 for pink slips

Tempting to put the 86's and the 85 three wide just for fun.

0-60 or 0-85 only. 86 vs 86. Pretty sure that old worn out mill has at least one stomping left in it.

Either that or i need to fix my 2-3 upshift in my T5Z before accepting a 1/4 mile challenge.

But if we race 86 v 86 there's no way for you to lose, regardless of if you lose

Just don't miss a gear. I'll be right there waiting.

Lol.....

Thread derailed!! Trying to get back on track. I have leads on a 170 Saleen cluster. We shall see
    -- James

Favorite thing I’ve said that’s been requoted: “"40 year old beercan on wheels with too much motor"

My four eyed foxes:
    "Trigger" - 86 Mustang GT - Black with red interior. 5.0 T5 built as Z. Original motor ~1/2 million miles. 18 yr daily, 10 a toy
    "Silver" - 85 Mustang Saleen 1985-006? (Lol) Rare 1E silver GT / charcoal interior. The car is a little bit of a mystery. Current project bought as a roller, tons of Saleen / Racecraft pedigree

Also in the stable - my son’s car. 1986 Mustang GT Convertible. Black/Black/Black conversion. 93 leather. VM1 ECU. T5Z

past foxes -
    1989 Mustang LX Sport 5.0 AOD white/tan black top. Once I ran this one down I caught a wife.
    Wife also had a 1987 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe in the 90's.

I'm a four eyed pride supporter, are you? Become one today!
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/payments.php

I started looking at tires to go on my Saleen after the 16x8 wheels are reconditioned.

I also noticed something interesting a few days ago. In 1985 there was a Saleen produced with VIN ending 188 and there's absolutely no info about where it went, etc, anywhere to be found. You don't suppose it was a dyslexic entry? The a paperwork mixup where the database contains 532188 instead of 188532??? Something else that makes you go hmm.

Still having fun buying as many parts as I can find.
    Last edited by erratic50; 10-05-2017 at 09:16 PM.
    -- James

Favorite thing I’ve said that’s been requoted: “"40 year old beercan on wheels with too much motor"

My four eyed foxes:
    "Trigger" - 86 Mustang GT - Black with red interior. 5.0 T5 built as Z. Original motor ~1/2 million miles. 18 yr daily, 10 a toy
    "Silver" - 85 Mustang Saleen 1985-006? (Lol) Rare 1E silver GT / charcoal interior. The car is a little bit of a mystery. Current project bought as a roller, tons of Saleen / Racecraft pedigree

Also in the stable - my son’s car. 1986 Mustang GT Convertible. Black/Black/Black conversion. 93 leather. VM1 ECU. T5Z

past foxes -
    1989 Mustang LX Sport 5.0 AOD white/tan black top. Once I ran this one down I caught a wife.

Met up with 2nd chance cobra and looked over his parts stash. Ended up buying a bunch of stuff and crossing them off the list.

Also thanks to a few helpful members here I received leads on a Saleen cluster as well as a new old stock 170 MPH speedometer. I am looking at buying both as a new 170 calibration head is going to be very smooth and the cluster has the Saleen gauge faces. Every once in a while a NOS gauge face overlay comes up for sale too. it's a lot to invest in old stock gauges but it's what will make the car how I expect it to be.

Sure wish someone would reproduce the speedo decals. Mine is wrinkled in a couple spots like most. I saw 2 or 3 for sale this year but they went for crazy money. I think I bid one of them up to like $70 but then I was out.

Glad your parts search is going well. It is always the fun part for me.
    67 Mustang Coupe
    96 Tangerine GT
    86 Saleen #179

It's the decal that makes it a Saleen part. Otherwise it's just a gauge. I believe a BBK 170 mph speedometer. Even $100 is a bargain for a NOS decal.
    Last edited by erratic50; 10-09-2017 at 10:08 AM.

Earlier I reached an agreement to buy a 170 MPH speedometer........ and shortly after I said I would buy it I was contacted about a full Saleen cluster.

No sense passing on either one since the calibration on the needle vs odometer on both speedometers are the same and finding or fixing them if one messes up is about impossible.

Progress! Updating the parts needed list.
    -- James

My four eyed foxes:

past foxes -

Spent a little more time digging around inside the car. Gold....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

FYI.....There is a Saleen gauge cluster on eBay. Item number 132360133199.
    67 Mustang Coupe
    96 Tangerine GT
    86 Saleen #179

Thanks for the info! I have committed to buying another cluster I tracked down already - sure hope the seller doesn't back out now! It's nicer than this one but they are all made of unobtanium.

I love opening the mail these days..... too bad it's not a Saleen faced gauge. A NOS Saleen face decal would be amazing about now.
    Last edited by erratic50; 10-12-2017 at 10:15 PM.

All I had to do is buy a 170 MPH BBK and - of course - I find TWO actual 85-86 Saleen clusters. And I found the nicest one after committing to buying the less nice one too of course.

The one pictured here is originallly from 1986-045 which is now a purpose built road racer that will never ever be anywhere near stock again according to its owner. This cluster was removed years ago as the car was gutted and fit with a full race dash and cage.
    Last edited by erratic50; 10-17-2017 at 08:33 PM.
    -- James

My four eyed foxes:

past foxes -

Just got some more stuff in the mail again. Little horse is for my 86GT. The other decals are for the clone.

One of my Saleen gauge clusters is here. Still need to find out what's going on with the 2nd one that's supposed to be nicer. I'll have a ton of money wrapped up in this stuff by the time it's all done.

Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post
    I'll have a ton of money wrapped up in this stuff by the time it's all done.
    How could it be a project if that were NOT so? I could have probably just bought a newish Mustang by now with all the money I have spend since 2008 on my 85.
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

Totally! I haven't totalled up receipts and I don't want to.

Edelbrock Airgap and 600CFM Edelbrock carb are now on their way.

Still chasing a T5 and all the rest.

Bought more stuff, updated the list

Love the fact that you are using #006 for this Also...did you score that NOS urethane 85 airdam on eBay the other day? It sold FAST!!
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

That airdam was gone before I got to it - yes, sold FAST!

The 006 is fun. It's an inside joke any Saleen guys will get but it will simply fly right past everyone else. It won't pretend to be something it's not, but it will blend in nicely among some of the coolest four eyed cars ever built. It will just be the one that was never built, in the color combo never made.

I have leads on a fiberglass 3 piece front. That's probably what it will get in the end.

My Edelbrock intake let itself in today..... actually my son showed up unexpectedly from his college across town earlier today and carried it in. Was a great surprise!

Ever find yourself in a spot where you shook hands on a deal and as a man of your word you carry it out even though your situation had changed and the deal didn't make sense for you anymore?

I had help locating a 170 MPH speedometer and I snatched it up.

Before the speedometer had even arrived, a complete Saleen cluster turns up on craigslist via more help. I immediately committed to buying it even though it doesn't seem to be as nice as I was hoping for. The owner was traveling but said he would get back to me with a total with shipping.

meanwhile another one comes up on eBay. I just kinda got a gut feeling the other guy was jerking me around so I rolled the dice and I made an offer, it gets accepted, and it looks like I'll end up with two four eyed Saleen clusters.

Cluster off eBay shows up, holding off on installing until I know which one is nicer -- or so I think.

the craigslist dude mysteriously backs out. Wow! Sure am glad i followed my gut as I was finding hidden messages! I could have went from two to zero. Bullet dodged - fun

Ordered some SVO spindles the other day. They arrived in the mail yesterday. I'm thinking SN95 balljoints and SVO adapters should work well with 87-93 GT rotors and a decent caliper and pads.

Will need to get on collecting rear disc conversion parts too.

There is a good deal on the brackets on eBay. Not mine https://www.ebay.com/itm/302533111044
    84 LX Vert. 5.0 5speed canyon red on white
    99 cobra, electric green on medium parchment, vortech s-trim

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast