Close

Thread: Throttle cable

Default Throttle cable

Would a throttle cable for a 85 work on a 86. Switching over to carb with new engine build.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Certainly should
    Mike
    1986 Mustang convertible ---> BUILD THREAD
    Past Fox-chassis "four eyes":
    1983 Mercury Cougar LS
    1986 Ford Thunderbird ELAN
    1980 Capri RS Turbo

Work in progress website ---> http://carb-rebuilds-plus.boards.net/

I believe the EFI Cable is longer. So if swapping over to Carb, then you could simply cut to length (shorter) to fit what you need.

Carb app to Carb app should all be the same.
    1981 Mustang Coupe: Rebuilt 91/306, Ported E7's, TF Spring kit, E-303 Cam, RPM Intake, Eddy 1406 Carb, FMS Dual Roller Timing set, March UD pulleys, Summit LT Headers, Summit 2-1/2" Chambered Mufflers w/ 2-1/2" FlowTech H-Pipe/ Flowtubes & 2-1/2" LMR SS Tailpipes. C4 trans with 8.8/ 2.73 Rear.

I have both cables, and the carb one is much shorter, and has the sprung end that connects to the ball socket on the carb (just like the one on the Throttle Body for EFI cars). I am doing the opposite, so if you want the correct cable, let me know, and you can have it for the cost of shipping.

I could be wrong, but it doesn't look easy to shorten

In my experience when you can't scare up the part you neeed, the best source of cables for this stuff is the brake cable section of your local bicycle shop. Easy to customize with ends, etc.

Never thought of that before, but it would do the trick. In My youth I was into BMX a lot, Vert/ Street/ Trick. I know the Cables are very strong and smooth as silk. why because they had to be, lol.
    1981 Mustang Coupe: Rebuilt 91/306, Ported E7's, TF Spring kit, E-303 Cam, RPM Intake, Eddy 1406 Carb, FMS Dual Roller Timing set, March UD pulleys, Summit LT Headers, Summit 2-1/2" Chambered Mufflers w/ 2-1/2" FlowTech H-Pipe/ Flowtubes & 2-1/2" LMR SS Tailpipes. C4 trans with 8.8/ 2.73 Rear.