Close

Thread: 19x10 AMR

Default 19x10 AMR

Just for the hell of it before I sold my 19x10 AMR wheels with 275/40/19 I threw one on. The car sits on 2 coil cut stock rear springs and actually did not touch a thing. Rims have a 48mm offset and this is a Lincoln 5 lug 8.8 rear end. I was quite surprised.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Looks Cool!

Love those wheel types!

Although I have to think that a couple of bumps or dips while driving, there might be a little bit of rubbing thanks to the overall diameter of the combo!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    Looks Cool!

Love those wheel types!

Although I have to think that a couple of bumps or dips while driving, there might be a little bit of rubbing thanks to the overall diameter of the combo!
    Since the rear is coming out I don't have the new springs in yet, would have been interesting to see how much more travel I would have had to play with since the gap would have increased. Eventually that wheel design in an 18 will go on the car. I'm thinking a matching gold color would look awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by brian.aughe View Post
    Since the rear is coming out I don't have the new springs in yet, would have been interesting to see how much more travel I would have had to play with since the gap would have increased. Eventually that wheel design in an 18 will go on the car. I'm thinking a matching gold color would look awesome.

I like the idea. I have considered the same basic design for my PC when I get around to repainting it. I need a nice deep offset due to the 03 Cobra IRS in mine.

Not sure about the Gold color though. There isn't any gold on the PC. The paint color is " Pewter" which I guess you could match to and that would be fine. Honestly not sure what I want to do with mine in regards to color, need to be further along to decide that.
    ​Trey

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    I like the idea. I have considered the same basic design for my PC when I get around to repainting it. I need a nice deep offset due to the 03 Cobra IRS in mine.

Not sure about the Gold color though. There isn't any gold on the PC. The paint color is " Pewter" which I guess you could match to and that would be fine. Honestly not sure what I want to do with mine in regards to color, need to be further along to decide that.
    Do you have a link to your irs swap and how do you like it.

Pewter would be the color i would use.

A t56 just became available to me so I may go that route, the irs would be a natural extension.

Quote Originally Posted by brian.aughe View Post
    Do you have a link to your irs swap and how do you like it.

Pewter would be the color i would use.

A t56 just became available to me so I may go that route, the irs would be a natural extension.

I did not document the IRS swap due to not being a member of FEP back then.

I actually have a second Cobra IRS and honestly I wouldn't do the swap again. Yes the ride is a bit better, but not enough for all the headaches that come with the IRS.

You will not be able to run anything wider than maybe a 9.5" rear wheel due to the IRS brackets on the frame rails. That is unless you decide to modify the cradle and do a hard mount, which I have considered. The other issue is the track width is so much wider than any other Fox rear end and even the SVO setup so again it takes special offsets. I am running 17X9 Cobra R's on all 4 corner, but the rear use a 36mm offset compared to the 24mm front and barely clear. The other issue is the IRS specific exhaust setup IMHO doesn't have the same KOOL factor the twin SS pipes do on most Four Eyes. Yes it works, but just not the same look. Since I am running the 93 Cobra rear valance it's not as big a deal, but honestly with the rear valance I wouldn't like it as much.

I would love to go T56 in my 82 GT due to the 5.4 DOHC that would bolt up and hold up better if I pull the power out that I want. Otherwise the T56 is a huge expense just for the 6th gear that I don't see me using much of the time. If the price was right I wouldn't hesitate, but I also have a Tremec TKO that works pretty well too and is cheaper.
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Damn i didnt know you had a 5.4 as well

Those rims look nice. Tire diameter is a bit much and more offset may help with that type of setup.

T56 is a great trans. D&D offers a Viper spec with a 2.97:1 low gear, 0.5:1 6th.... 5th is 0.75 I believe. Nice setup with steep rear gears. I would not do less than a 3.90:1. 4.10:1 would be better.

My son and I have T5Zs in both of our 86's. 2.95:1 low gear and 0.63:1 OD. Is good on a low speed road course with a 2.73:1 in 1st gear and a 5.0 that will turn some R's. The 56 would do well like that also, but a 4.10 in 2nd with the 56 or a T5Z gives you about the same 8:1 motor to tire.

I've seen a few guys run an IRS on a fox on a road course. There is a lot to spring and shock and driver but I did not see a huge advantage compared to a panhard equipped solid axle. Especially knowing a torque arm on the solid axle helps so much.

to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post
    Those rims look nice. Tire diameter is a bit much and more offset may help with that type of setup.

T56 is a great trans. D&D offers a Viper spec with a 2.97:1 low gear, 0.5:1 6th.... 5th is 0.75 I believe. Nice setup with steep rear gears. I would not do less than a 3.90:1. 4.10:1 would be better.

My son and I have T5Zs in both of our 86's. 2.95:1 low gear and 0.63:1 OD. Is good on a low speed road course with a 2.73:1 in 1st gear and a 5.0 that will turn some R's. The 56 would do well like that also, but a 4.10 in 2nd with the 56 or a T5Z gives you about the same 8:1 motor to tire.

I've seen a few guys run an IRS on a fox on a road course. There is a lot to spring and shock and driver but I did not see a huge advantage compared to a panhard equipped solid axle. Especially knowing a torque arm on the solid axle helps so much.

to each their own.
    For a WC T5, what gear would you run on a road course?

Depends upon the course.

SCCA tries to keep it under 60 MPH around here. I never got my 86 to a point where I got to take it out but I know from working with my friend and doing a ride in his about where he was at, etc.

My typhoon intake and headers and large throttle body, etc, lets my ol 5.0 pull hard past 6100... it hits the rev limiter before you know it though.

Those R's allows a 2.95:1 low gear and 2.73:1 rear gear to run 60 at 6200, 87 at 6200 in 2nd. Not exactly ideal. would wish I had a few more MPH available without shifting and had a lower gear to start off with for sure.

A WC T5 is a 3.35:1 low gear, 1.99:1 2nd usually. If your 5.0 runs strong to 5000-5300'then runs out of steam like most do stock, a 3.55 is a touch too steep. Not enough R's available to avoid a shift. 3.27 in 2nd ends up being about perfect. That's what was in my friends car with a 255/40 on 17x9's. It was a class champion car at one point. That with a car 100% stock under the hood - you know darn well he was driving the holy hell out of it!

I would have went to 65 MM TB and headers at least. Something to get to 5600. Or maybe even a ported tubular GT40 or an Explorer... to get to 5800. or a monster intake like mine that maxes the 86's E6 heads out entirely. Then 3.31:1 would have been my choice. Or if it's a 7.5 rearend then a 3.41 maybe.

And for pity's sake get a light flywheel. The duramax from autozone is only 21 lbs. Way lighter than what some foxes had!!