Close

Default Do New Seat Covers Exist For An 86 Convertible

Does anyone know where I could possibly find seat covers for an 86 GT convertible? I happened to find a brand new set that I must have had from my old GT but it doesn't have the cutouts for the seat belt anchors that attach to the seat. I put them on for now but the fit is extremely tight.
    Previous:
    79 Notchback
    86 GT
    93 GT Convertible

Current:
    86 GT Convertible

Are you looking for custom fit seat covers or new upholstery? Sorry if it sounds like a dumb question but after dealing with F.B. idiots and their descriptions, I can't leave anything at chance.

For seat covers, try this.

http://www.precisionfit.com/catalog/...egory_id=11950
    Last edited by 84StangSVT; 09-14-2017 at 08:20 AM.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Thanks and no worries! Yes I'm actually looking for covers to put over the existing seats to protect them from the sun and potential (gulp) bird droppings. Having the fabric seats make it a lot more difficult to maintain than the leather ones in the event of a mishap.
    Previous:
    79 Notchback
    86 GT
    93 GT Convertible

Current:
    86 GT Convertible

Seeming how it appears you have the articulated sport seats, your options are pretty limited these days with a good fitting cover. I have 91 articulated sport seats in mine and took a chance on some $20 seat covers from Walmart, just to cover the grey seats for a show. While the headrest is far from right, the covers fit the seats well enough to work with for the time being. At least the fitment is not hideously bad....
    They do not show the design of the seat well as the centers do not recess into the seat like they should but they do the job, stay put and will work until I can afford to reupholster the seats in the proper fabric.

Name:  0813171810a.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  95.2 KB
    Brock

I'll have to take some pics of what I have. They don't fit terribly, as they have the cut outs for the halo headrests believe it or not. The problem is that it being a vert, the seat belt anchors are attached to each seat rather than on the pillars. Trying to pull the cover over these makes for an extremely tight fit. If it was a straight GT it wouldn't even be an issue. I was shocked that I even got them on at all to be honest
    Previous:
    79 Notchback
    86 GT
    93 GT Convertible

Current:
    86 GT Convertible

I know what you are saying and since I owned a vert, I'm aware of the differences in the seats. Would it be possible to either modify the seat cover with a slit to slide the belt loop through, or possibly removing the loop and then reattaching it once the cover is on?
    Brock