Close

Hybrid View

Default Rear control arms

Looking to replace my stock rear control arms on my 82 gt
    .Looking for recommendations? Lmr has sve . are they any good?. Thanks

Virtually any of the tubular control arms are outstanding compared to stock.

You have to watch bushing type on the ends. Also a panhard or watts link is a great idea to eliminate bind. Battle boxes are a great idea too.

Personally I ditched my rear sway bar and went to 4 cyl LX rear springs. Is 1000x better than it was factory in terms of street manners.
    Last edited by erratic50; 09-13-2017 at 09:37 PM.
    -- James

Favorite thing I’ve said that’s been requoted: “"40 year old beercan on wheels with too much motor"

My four eyed foxes:
    "Trigger" - 86 Mustang GT - Black with red interior. 5.0 T5 built as Z. Original motor ~1/2 million miles. 18 yr daily, 10 a toy
    "Silver" - 85 Mustang Saleen 1985-006? (Lol) Rare 1E silver GT / charcoal interior. The car is a little bit of a mystery. Current project bought as a roller, tons of Saleen / Racecraft pedigree

Also in the stable - my son’s car. 1986 Mustang GT Convertible. Black/Black/Black conversion. 93 leather. VM1 ECU. T5Z

past foxes -
    1989 Mustang LX Sport 5.0 AOD white/tan black top. Once I ran this one down I caught a wife.
    Wife also had a 1987 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe in the 90's.

I'm a four eyed pride supporter, are you? Become one today!
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/payments.php

I just purchased the sve rca and tqb supports . Went with them for cost and because they have rubber bushings. Being installed next week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I just installed SVE RCAs on my wife's 86 LV convertible along with some springs yesterday. I have to tell you that I was impressed. Definitely felt firmer but not harsh. I'm sure the springs were tired and the new ones helped alot but I was impressed with the SVEs.

I've had the SVE RCA's on my 84 for a year now and I love them for the price I paid. Well...I should say that I used the SVE lower arms only and rebuilt the upper factory control arms with new rubber bushings and also new rubber bushings in the axle. The ride improved considerably with minimal harshness. All in all I would say it was an excellent purchase for the budget minded person with a stock to mild build.

One word of advice though. Make sure you use plenty of PTFE bushing grease when installing to avoid any annoying squeaks and so forth. They do not send much with the kit and it's not enough IMHO. While SVE says that their bushings are a rubber compound, I'm not taking any chances. Lube is good.

I bought a couple tubes of this stuff, from Harbor Freight of all places:
    Name:  image_8176.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  21.2 KB

It is the same stuff the poly bushing manufacturers sell, but at a heck of a lot lower cost. I believe I paid about $5 a tube. Well worth it and it works great on window mechanisms, tracks and so forth.
    Last edited by 84StangSVT; 09-13-2017 at 07:30 AM.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?