Close

Default Can someone help me identify this Edelbrock Intake?

I bought this from a gentleman, and it says Performer 5.0L on the manifold. I have seen this exact style in a couple of pics, but not many.

Someone mentioned that since it has 5.0L inscribed on the top, it may have been a limited production Edlebrock intake that Ford had them made, like a Cobra or something.

I don't think it was anything real special, but just trying to see if someone knows exactly what it might be? I thought maybe it was a counterfeit, since it has the "5.0" on the top, but it also has the actual part numbers on the upper and lower manifolds as well.

Thanks in advance

Name:  20170911_192515_resized.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  116.4 KB

Name:  rebuiltengine1.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  121.0 KB

I remember they looked like that when that intake first came out back in the 90's. 1st generation performer 5.0

Cool, that was what I thought, but wasn't sure... thanks for the info

They're a real bear to get to those inner bolts, requires removing the outer plate, and slowing tightening the bolts.. Then you need a gasket for that outer plate LOL. Much better than stock though
    1986 CHP SSP Coupe

I've owned, installed and replaced, several EFI 5.0 manifolds. I've had the original Edelbrock Performer 5.0, a GT40 Cobra from Ford, (beautiful, best looking manifold by the way), Pro something, a Chinese knockoff, (but ugly low quality but worked) and at present, an Edelbrock Performer II, (not bad looking, still like the GT40 best for looks). The inner nut to the original Edelbrock Performer required dexterity, and a good extension magnet if imbibing. Where did you buy that manifold, it looks strangely familiar? Very nice paint job on it. Not the one I sold, mine didn't have the 5.0 litre cast into it.

I bought it off of a gentleman in Washington, by Olympia.... he got it off of an abandoned 1986 GT mustang that he purchased. It was painted black before, and I had it stripped and powder coated the black vein you see.

I had one of the 1st gen Performer manifolds on a car 20 years ago. Those inside bolts required small hands...
    Name:  1077850002_large.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  34.7 KB
    1986 GT T Top- stock except for magnaflow cat back
    1990 LX vert- 500hp V3 and all that stuff
    2013 GT- usual bolt ons